HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lforgaz View Post
Hello, I'm from Spain, and they wont have a problem with my camera and 808-16 V2, I have not long ago, after an accident with the plane that took her loaded, the camera takes a hit in the front, and since the camera does not tax, only turns on and remains on standby with yellow leed on, and live video mode gives no image.
Any ideas for repair?, What may have been damaged?, The blow he gave the lens, but it is broken, changing the lens would solve the problem?

thank you very much.
Most probably the ribbon cable has become misaligned in the socket.
Open the case, carefully remove the 3 screws holding the board in position, remove the board and disconnect the battery.
Now you should remove the ribbon cable from the socket and insert it again making sure it is absolutely aligned at 90 to the socket. Rubis posted an excellent video here. Be very careful not to bend the cable or you may crack one of the wires.

If the lens assembly got the full blow of the crash it is likely damaged. A new lens would solve the problem. You didn't mention which lens you have. If it is the D lens, it is especially fragile because it has no protection casing surrounding it.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:26 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
Somebody asked in the last few pages of switching lens or just taking the lens off completely. The response was you would get an overly white exposed image. I was wondering if light leaks around the lens itself would cause that milky image I get with my camera. I have not taken the lens apart nor adjusted the focusing range. But somebody suggested to use some de-gluing CA agent and the lens screws out easily. maybe a little fine dust has worked its way inside. If that's the case then a little air blast might make my camera work like new.
Wishful thinking, but I don't think dust could work it's way thread the finely threaded lens into the module. Do you see any dust accumulations inside the camera case? There's much larger gaps between the lens ring and the case, as well as a small amount of airflow into case through the lens and microphone holes. There would be a lot of dust inside the case before any could conceivably get inside the CMOS module.

BUT, it wouldn't hurt anything to take a look if you can get the lens off... it's not working well as is, and you'd know what's involved if you need to re-focus a lens later.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
There are over 7 parts to the lenses interior housing. should not allow bare hands to touch the lenses. this makes up how the fish eye works. they are so small, for some to even bother, and so cheap today to repurchase.. So give it a shot, take some photo's, video and post up. so future user's who come across this issue can go about the repairs.

If you decide to go about. May be worth to contact seller if it was a separate purchase?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
The lens and removed the e relocated, but does not work, just stays on standby and unresponsive recording button.
The lens is D, and it seems that it is not damaged, did any component might fail on impact?

I'll have to order a new camera.

Greetings.
lforgaz is offline Find More Posts by lforgaz
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Sound:

We all discussed sound, and how it was passed up on, and hiss was an issue. Now with the new feature you have db settings low, med, high?

Sound, at default, can always be manipulated in any editor. a free sound editor, called Audacity, with lame is available,

Using any video editor, not crazy with the newer aud track shows a lot less than more of the wave line. Older magix was better? the audio fx and more are just some of the features included in an editor.

using a sound editor, you can work with the file directly in the program, remember if saving you may loose video.

If this is done, will video & audio be perfect? that is the key question?

Video audio off sync.

Open your eyes and stop, nah close your eyes when you watch this clip. because it is a perfect sound clip of the key cam 808. Enjoy listening to what this cam has to offer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clwG...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDamgVq-8rY

I forgot who needs sound in an Aerial and photo section (....)

Low, med, high db settings , is good, but sound is only as good as the sound board of this cam, no more.
I would say that the first sound clip would be close to a stereo sound and the second a Hall effect.
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thanks crash74. no hall effect added. no minipulations at all, not even a technical question if asked. its the actual camera that makes it a wonderful gem.
Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:47 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
The lens and removed the e relocated, but does not work, just stays on standby and unresponsive recording button.
The lens is D, and it seems that it is not damaged, did any component might fail on impact?

Greetings.
It's possible one of the traces in the ribbon cable was cracked, which would make the camera inoperative. An alternative would be to just try a new lens module first... maybe the rest of the camera is OK. If that doesn't work either, you can still use the other lens module with a new camera. You have three different lenses to choose from...
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:

Greetings.
Normally, I suspect the lens assembly is damaged. There's no way you can check this visually. It's rare that the circuit board is damaged after a crash. If you do decide to order a new camera, I would also order a spare lens. Then it would be easy to check which is damaged if this happens a second time!

[EDIT] Oops, sorry, my post coincided with Tom's, but it shows the general consensus is that the problem lies with the lens. [/EDIT]
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Thank you very much, I will ask one nuava new camera and lens.

Thank you very much.
lforgaz is offline Find More Posts by lforgaz
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,942 Posts
Bug...not sure?

Using Iso's GUI (latest version).

Starting with Photo Frame size set to 1280x720 and Time Lapse Photos set to off Video Frame Size set to 848x480.

There are several profiles that have been saved for different lighting conditions.

If i select a saved profile (changing from profile in use) the Photo Frame Size is automatically switched to 1280x960 and the Time Lapse Photo is automatically set to 1s.

This only happens when selecting a saved profile.
If the Advanced Image Settings are changed one by one,sliding each setting,then automatic changing of the Photo Frame Size and Time Lapse Photos does not occur.
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Hey crash74

Here is a shot you can putto the audio file right off the 808 cam. I changed all my file names, nd need not a gps to know where I was at. where was I?

Just in the distance you see a Peddler with two baskets. that is the distance, of him calling, nope.
Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 01, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Bug...not sure?

Using Iso's GUI (latest version).

Starting with Photo Frame size set to 1280x720 and Time Lapse Photos set to off Video Frame Size set to 848x480.

There are several profiles that have been saved for different lighting conditions.

If i select a saved profile (changing from profile in use) the Photo Frame Size is automatically switched to 1280x960 and the Time Lapse Photo is automatically set to 1s.

This only happens when selecting a saved profile.
If the Advanced Image Settings are changed one by one,sliding each setting,then automatic changing of the Photo Frame Size and Time Lapse Photos does not occur.
I can't exactly follow you, but will check at the beginning of next year or, worst case next week. If a profile was saved with a previous firmware version I can imagine the parameters will be adapted to the current firmware version (or not ).
Could you PM me the Nr16Setup.cfg file, which also contains the profiles, and indicate the profile name(s) causing the possible problems?
Like I said, it will be a couple of days until I can check. I know a lot of people use the profiles, but a problem like you outline has never been reported. But who knows, no software is 100% bug free
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:45 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
My new 808 #16 D lens came in the mail today. It came with a lens cap this time. However the lens is VERY loose. My first 808 is SOLID. I'm charging now. I hope its ok!!!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
This is a video of the end of the keycam 808 this is a video that you pass up you will never k ow what you are missing. So for those who cannot make a news resolution. .....

Happy New Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaxkctYzud
Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 01, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:08 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
Looks like fun. Good video also. Everyone should donate a small clip from around the world and give it to an editing pro and label it 808 around the world!!