HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Tom, thanks for the details on your test.

Others have reported that Windows 7 does have auto levelling, and a single track recorded at a uniformly low level will be boosted to "normal" volume.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Tom, thanks for the details on your test.

Others have reported that Windows 7 does have auto levelling, and a single track recorded at a uniformly low level will be boosted to "normal" volume.
No video editor should normalize the audio unless told to do so. check your software's preference setting for a check box which says "Normalize audio" and turn it off it it exists.

I use all sorts of video editors from full pro to the freeware you can find on the web and I've never come across one that will normalize audio with being told to do so, so check your setting in your editor.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:45 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Right, but I'm talking about playback of the original file. Of course rendering files in the editor will change things. XP does not auto-level playback, W7 does, or so I have seen.

Just a factor to eliminate when comparing the effect of audio volume settings in the camera.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Problem with 808-16

Hello, I'm from Spain, and they wont have a problem with my camera and 808-16 V2, I have not long ago, after an accident with the plane that took her loaded, the camera takes a hit in the front, and since the camera does not tax, only turns on and remains on standby with yellow leed on, and live video mode gives no image.
Any ideas for repair?, What may have been damaged?, The blow he gave the lens, but it is broken, changing the lens would solve the problem?

thank you very much.
lforgaz is offline Find More Posts by lforgaz
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lforgaz View Post
Hello, I'm from Spain, and they wont have a problem with my camera and 808-16 V2, I have not long ago, after an accident with the plane that took her loaded, the camera takes a hit in the front, and since the camera does not tax, only turns on and remains on standby with yellow leed on, and live video mode gives no image.
Any ideas for repair?, What may have been damaged?, The blow he gave the lens, but it is broken, changing the lens would solve the problem?

thank you very much.
Open the cam, inspect the ribbon cable, its located on the inner side that four screws have to come out,
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
No video editor should normalize the audio...
Its in the sound settings of W7 and disabled by default.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:17 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Cam stopt working

Hi, i have a problem with my #16 cam.
On recommondation of some people, i have updated the firmware of my #16 cam.
After this, the cam stopt working, it is not responding to the buttons at all.
I already disconnected the lipo for more then a minute, but this didn't resolve my problem.

Before updating, the cam was working without any problem, and was recording in a .mov format. The reason for updating was to get it recording in a .avi format.

Does anyone can be of help on this issue?

Thanks
MisterPebbles is offline Find More Posts by MisterPebbles
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:19 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPebbles View Post
Hi, i have a problem with my #16 cam.
On recommondation of some people, i have updated the firmware of my #16 cam.
After this, the cam stopt working, it is not responding to the buttons at all.
I already disconnected the lipo for more then a minute, but this didn't resolve my problem.

Before updating, the cam was working without any problem, and was recording in a .mov format. The reason for updating was to get it recording in a .avi format.

Does anyone can be of help on this issue?

Thanks
Did you do like the program told you? When you clicked Install, you wait a few seconds, a window pops up. It told you to disconnect the cam and then press the power button quickly, then wait 10+ seconds until the yellow light is steady, and then plug it back into the computer?
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:24 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Did you do like the program told you? When you clicked Install, you wait a few seconds, a window pops up. It told you to disconnect the cam and then press the power button quickly, then wait 10+ seconds until the yellow light is steady, and then plug it back into the computer?
I copied the firmware file manually on to the sd card, like written in one of the first posts.

"Optional Manual Firmware Update Procedure

The following procedure is for manually updating your camera firmware. It is no longer necessary to do this if you use one of the latest GUI configuration programs. It will determine if your camera firmware is out of date, download the latest firmware if you agree, and install it for you, taking all the potential for user error out of it. You are strongly advise to ALWAYS use the GUI tools for all camera firmware changes.

ALERT:
READ THE UPDATING INSTRUCTIONS FULLY BEFORE STARTING
DO NOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND EACH STEP
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS
1. Copy the new firmware file into the camera's flash card root directory (the one that opens when the camera connects as a removable drive). This can be done with the card in the camera connected to the computer as a Removable Drive, or externally in a card reader. But do NOT rename the file. If you do, the camera will not install it!

2. Disconnect the camera and turn it off.

3. Insert the flash card containing the new firmware file into the camera (if not already in the camera).

4. Press the Power button until the Yellow LED turns on and begins to flash. RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON AS SOON AS LED FLASHING BEGINS! If you keep pressing it longer, you may turn off the camera before the update process is done.

5. To confirm the firmware is being loaded into the camera, the Yellow LED will first blink. The blinking may continue until the LED finally turns off, or the LED may turn on solid for several seconds before turning off (depends on camera). In either case DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS while the yellow LED is still on or blinking! If you do, the firmware may not fully install and the camera will not function properly. If you find this to be the case AFTER COMPLETING THE REST OF THESE STEPS, repeat the firmware installation and make sure you follow all the steps EXACTLY as stated.

6. When the firmware is fully installed, the Yellow LED will turn off and the camera will shut down."

Only it got stuck after step 4. I could not get the camera turned on again.

When plug into the computer, the green LED is lid, and the cam is not responding to any of the buttons.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Sound:

We all discussed sound, and how it was passed up on, and hiss was an issue. Now with the new feature you have db settings low, med, high?

Sound, at default, can always be manipulated in any editor. a free sound editor, called Audacity, with lame is available,

Using any video editor, not crazy with the newer aud track shows a lot less than more of the wave line. Older magix was better? the audio fx and more are just some of the features included in an editor.

using a sound editor, you can work with the file directly in the program, remember if saving you may loose video.

If this is done, will video & audio be perfect? that is the key question?

Video audio off sync.

Open your eyes and stop, nah close your eyes when you watch this clip. because it is a perfect sound clip of the key cam 808. Enjoy listening to what this cam has to offer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clwG...ature=youtu.be

key cam 808 imagine sounds (0 min 43 sec)

I forgot who needs sound in an Aerial and photo section (....)

Low, med, high db settings , is good, but sound is only as good as the sound board of this cam, no more.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
My Windows 7 does not have an AGC to turn on or off. Must be a sound card choice thing.
If your does (I cant read German sorry), then turn it off with the little check box that says "Disable all sound effects"
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
I have all effects off, I only wanted to illustrate what victapilot said.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:24 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
In addition, if have already formatted the SD card again, and also tried another SD card, but this does not help, to get the cam powered up again.

Is my cam now unusable, and do i need to buy me another one, or is there another way to get it working again?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:47 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
Here's what I have as W7 default settings

It actually can be more complex depending on what Windows resources are accessed by a player, and how they might over-ride or manipulate.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPebbles View Post
In addition, if have already formatted the SD card again, and also tried another SD card, but this does not help, to get the cam powered up again.

Is my cam now unusable, and do i need to buy me another one, or is there another way to get it working again?
Got it workiing again, after re-updating the firmware.