SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:06 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0807 View Post
did you find any solution concerning this problem ?
I removed the protective circuit. A safer way would be to get another battery. It may be possible to reset a clamped pc, but I gave up. Camera still works fine, I keep the battery externally and store at 3.8v
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0807 View Post
not that i know of. the housing isn't loose. the board had a tight fit. no visible cracks. is the warranty lost if i opened the case ? if yes im just have to buy a new one i guess ...
No, the only loss is not contacting your seller, he will troubleshoot? telling you to check the battery etc, but ask him foirst, you already opened for the battery.

Mention my name if you like and you will never get a camera. or best yet as ztom Frank says send itto him he be more than happy to take it off your hands

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex you got dead pixals? or just pixaltation? no one in here ever complained about dp (dead pixals) be the first?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Thanks for posting the details. The only thing I saw that I didn't test extensively (i.e. until the battery died) was the auto-start function that you have set. Unless you have discovered a hidden bug that sets the recording time to 30:01 min. when auto-recording is turned on, the camera should have recorded until the battery died with your setting of 70 min. video length. The fact you got exactly 30:01 min. in these two videos is, in itself, not typical, and for the video data rate with two entirely different scenes (one in your pocket!) to be essentially identical (6554 kbps vs 6557 kbps) just amplifies the odds of this being repeatable. You may have just wasted a winning lottery ticket!

See if you can repeat this after fully charging the battery. It should vary in both recording time and average data rate unless the camera is chopping off the length of the video to 30:01 sec. I don't use the 10Mbps data rate you have set because of the potential for much bigger files, shorter recording time, and no significant visual quality difference to my eye. So I get a nominal 40 min. of recording time with a healthy battery, which could explain why you are only getting a nominal 30 min. But your average data rate is no better than I might get with the 7 Mbps setting, so the DSP chip was not working any harder to produce those two videos. Maybe your battery was not fully charged, or is getting weak?

If you can repeat these results, then I'll see what I get with your settings and the v0.67 FW I'm using. There could be some hidden "features " not yet discovered with all the possible combinations of settings we have with this camera.

Now I have all four videos that stop recording at 30 mins and 1 second, all 1.49 GB. I assume that something is not right here. From your reply I suppose that the video could get better with future fixes (fully utilising the DSP chip) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I tested the 70 minute parameter using the default settings and you are correct!

I remember this issue being reported a long time ago, but I thought it had been corrected.
The problem only happens with the AVI firmware and is because the firmware understands the 70 min parameter as 30 min.

In the very early days there was a 30 minute parameter, so most probably the developer forgot to correct the value.

I don't think it's a big deal and expect the developer to correct the issue in the next firmware release, unless it slips thru again

The videos continue recording for around 10 mins more after the file is closed, so it should be what you have speculated.
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:28 PM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Alex you got dead pixals? or just pixaltation? no one in here ever complained about dp (dead pixals) be the first?
Yeah no, it's just pixaltation. But it's my point of view on youtube some videos are more beautiful as i can capture.
alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
Yeah no, it's just pixaltation. But it's my point of view on youtube some videos are more beautiful as i can capture.
how you load the clip. try a stream wmvhd format youtube is a flash site and people may like Vimeo better for that reason. MP4 is the last file I load up at yt.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2010
289 Posts
this is a fast moving thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
you got it on the whole video? All whited out, or only at the beginning?

I find at given times, a full screen green pixalated video .

I find a full screen of black when started, until introduced to the shot of recording.

I find a full screen of white video due to over exposure, and corrects until video is introduced.

I do not think it will be a misaligned ribbon cable, unlocked and loose?

Lens A is great, lens B is alright will not have the bends , AOV. I the Lens D is not for all. and how you use, you can control the Horizontal to not bend.

Programs can manipulate the fish eye out, if need be?

You can load up your clip to youtube, and use the editor to trim a segment of a shorter time if you like to show?

they say using a white filter paper for photos will soften the shots, an old trick years ago?
First off I've really learned a lot in the last few pages. I don't really mess with settings or things unless I need to. I'm unclear at what FW is and why would I want to get the latest.

I find all the timelapse, frame rates info useful but I have a new Canon and Lightroom that does timelapse videos very nice.

It has a white haze to it in all of my video. I can't shoot sunny video now for a before and after test as my location is either raining or overcast. The sun only comes out on special days.

I have shot videos in the sunny outdoors when I first got it with the Deal Extreme fisheye lens ( I couldn't find a position with no vignetting despite all the material I sanded off) and without. I still haven't found time to go through it all.

When it was new it worked great. Now that t is old, not so good. I did notice some improvement after I diss-dissembled everything that by shooting some air in the lens housing I was able to clear out a reoccurring smudge that I thought was a dead pixel.
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
289 Posts
first video from 808 #16

This link goes to a short piece I did when I first got the camera "v1" and I can't do a repeat test till it warms up a bit and the sun comes out. Now that I am being critical I can see a slight white look or feel to this video. I didn't notice it then but now I really notice a whiteness to everything it shoots. Here is the link.
Meldrum Bar - SC10 4X4 on-board view (1 min 57 sec)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,428 Posts
Looks like grease on the lens. Clean and try again.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,470 Posts
Try combinations of these advanced camera settings in the Setup..
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
289 Posts
frame grabs taken today

Here are two photos which illustrate the problem.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
v0.67 bricked my 808?

So I tried to install v0.67 on my new 808 #16 A with the GUI (and bootloader v3). After I hit the install button on the GUI I was told that the .zip file was corrupted and that I should download it again. I tried this once more and it did not work.

Now I cannot turn on the camera at all. If I try to power up without a SD card, the yellow light blinks 5 times and then stops. It will not blink at all with the SD card installed.

I've tried putting v0.49 on the card, but as I said with the SD card installed the light will not blink at all.

Update: I pulled the battery plug and left it for a couple of minutes before re-attaching. No change in symptoms.
bgarber is offline Find More Posts by bgarber
Last edited by bgarber; Dec 28, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
Here are two photos which illustrate the problem.
It looks like mine does when I have ice in the camera. Have you cleaned the lens?
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It looks like mine does when I have ice in the camera. Have you cleaned the lens?
Yes I have but I'll try again. The new FW doesn't make a difference to video quality. I just checked.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Near-Earth object
United States, NC, Castle Hayne
Joined Sep 2012
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Some editing programs CAN edit the native #16 AVI files, but most are commercial ones. I recently D/L the latest WMM 2012 that was released with W8, and find it CAN ALSO now edit the native #16 AVI files! Prior versions of WMM up through W7 could not do this without the workaround. Renaming the file extension as was mentioned in a prior post does nothing to change the file structure or correct the non-standard AVI issue. This latest WMM also will now output with an H.264 codec in an MP4 container if you wish in addition to the prior .WMV format. And it now has a stabilization function built in, but that ONLY works when running it under W8. And it works under W7, and also Vista, I think, if your PC has DirectX 9 or 10 installed (latter not confirmed).

That might be a partial solution for you. I say partial, because the version of WMM that came with Vista was better than the W7/W8 dumbed down versions (no timeline nor user hackable editing functions like Vista WMM had).
Thanks Tom...

Sorry for the late response. Been on night shift. I uploaded the video I created and was disappointed with the results. The clips that I had converted to MP4 looked awful. Lots of pixelation. Looks like I will be doing some more experimentation.

Thank you for the heads up on W8 version of WMM. I will give it a try.

Rob
bluecnc is offline Find More Posts by bluecnc
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
occasionally things work
United Kingdom, England, Evesham
Joined Aug 2009
225 Posts
Hey guys, not gunna read through the whole thread but does anyone know a UK vendor that sells #16 key cams or something similar, I really don't,t want to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive
qacermacer is offline Find More Posts by qacermacer