SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Feb 2012
49 Posts
Can this be used as an external battery?

Would it recharge via usb just like the internal battery?

Gradius is offline Find More Posts by Gradius
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I've been thinking about I've of those, but using the phone as a charger. It's a 1s Lipo so I can't see any problems.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
Mr.
South Africa, EC, Humansdorp
Joined Dec 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Boot MP4cam2AVI and look in the lower right section of the program window at the selection box named "AVI size limit". What is displayed there? If it's not the highest possible setting, change it to be so. The highest value available should be "4096 Mb" if you have the current version of this program (v2.99).

What is the size (in MB) of the largest file you are trying to convert? As you likely know, the native file size can increase in size by as much as 40% (nominal) when going from 7 MBps data rate to 10 MBps with some high detail, high motion video. This makes the issue of AVI file size more prevalent with MP4cam2AVI processing.
Ok Ok You are a genius and I am not Indeed I knew I have to somehow increase the max file length above the 2GB limit but there was no higher option in my version (v 2.83) Updated the program as suggested and it works. Tx and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you (I won't be near a PC/Internet till 2013.)
Gomario is offline Find More Posts by Gomario
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
I received my N016 as a present yesterday. First job - read the instructions !

Formatted a card in the camera and used the excellent programme by Isoprop to get the LED to flash while recording.

That was enough excitement for one go !

I have done a couple of test videos and I am very impressed with the results - a big improvement on the No 11 I have used for some time now and that's on a very murky, grey day here in the U.K.

I use Debian Linux but the card in the camera can be formatted, to remove videos,

Using WINE ( a Linux programme that will run a lot of Windows stuff as though it was on a Windows computer) the setup programme written by Isoprop runs under Linux. Good to know for anyone using Linux and considering buying a No 16 camera.

VLC and Avidemux are both available for Linux and they do very nicely to play videos and edit them.

Another happy customer.
If you read Tom's Post #4 again, you will see there is a GUI that runs under Linux, Mac, and Windows. So no need to bother with Wine and co.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Just made a disovery. A 30 min Video always give an exact 1.48 GB file size no matter what. Hope it helps.
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Comments in BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomario View Post
Ok Ok You are a genius and I am not
Nah, I just always update FW and programs, even if I think I don't need to at the time. Then find when reading the update log that I DID need it and didn't know it!
Indeed I knew I have to somehow increase the max file length above the 2GB limit but there was no higher option in my version (v 2.83) Updated the program as suggested and it works.

Tx and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you

(I won't be near a PC/Internet till 2013.)
Wish I could say the same!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
Just made a disovery. A 30 min Video always give an exact 1.48 GB file size no matter what. Hope it helps.
How are you managing to get exactly a 30 min video clip? That might explain your discovery since the FW doesn't support 30 min. clips, and file size will change with the data rate.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,004 Posts
I just set up the motion acctivate on my cam. how do I use it?? Do i start it like a normal recording and then it will start and stop when needed??
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I just set up the motion acctivate on my cam. how do I use it?? Do i start it like a normal recording and then it will start and stop when needed??
you just had to let the secret out. I do the same, but can care less, I rather it make a shorter file than larger files,
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,004 Posts
the gui wont let me set the auto off on the motion. when it starts it just keeps going...is it one of the flaws on .58??
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,004 Posts
ok. I tried to go to a older version. no luck. Now. I noticed my time for record was 20 min... that may be the issue.... so I set the time to record to 5 min ( the least).. now my question is when I start the recorder it starts the 5min... so in other words the first 5min would be a waste of battery....How do you set to record video, but keep the camera on stand by untill the motion is detected....and what about a delay when you start the cam so it doesnt detect motion right away???
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
If you read Tom's Post #4 again, you will see there is a GUI that runs under Linux, Mac, and Windows. So no need to bother with Wine and co.
Thanks for that, I will go have a look at it.

I already had Wine installed so never got as far as looking at alternatives
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
ok. I tried to go to a older version. no luck. Now. I noticed my time for record was 20 min... that may be the issue.... so I set the time to record to 5 min ( the least).. now my question is when I start the recorder it starts the 5min... so in other words the first 5min would be a waste of battery....How do you set to record video, but keep the camera on stand by untill the motion is detected....and what about a delay when you start the cam so it doesnt detect motion right away???
Are you using a GUI to set the camera parameters? If not, you should, and maybe that is part of the confusion. You must be referring to a 20 min. Video Clip Length, which has no influence on the Motion Detection Mode. You only need to set the motion time out mode once the Motion Detect function is turned on. That defines how long the camera will record AFTER any detected motion stops. If you are hand holding the camera, it will ALWAYS start recording with the slightest movement.

Auto-shutoff MUST be turned OFF with Motion Detect engaged, or it will interfere with that function.

Motion detection is initiated when the camera is powered on... no need to press any other buttons to start it. But v0.58 had a bug that impacted the function as noted in my post.

Stay tuned... an updated FW is just around the corner.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,387 Posts
Time Lapse has to be turned off also for motion detect to be selectable and turned on.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
It's too bad that the motion detection is camera-impact activated only.

Most of my insecurities deal with catching and spotting someone from a distance.

Then again, it's too good to be true to have a line-of-sight activation, especially since the hardware needed for such a thing is probably not present in model 16!
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz