SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
I've ordered a set that I think will fit, I'll update you on here if they do!
I order a set of 1.25mm 2 pins and when I got them the red wires was on the wrong side. Is there any where the red wire is on the right side? Jack
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
638 Posts
Looking for opinions. Original seller wants me to ship the camera back to him at my cost (USPS is saying $13-18 - WOW!). Once he receives it, he'll ship me a new one. Or I can pay $28 to have him ship me a new one that will be refunded when he receives mine.

If it's really just the lens, I can get a new B lens and case in the US for $13 or a D Lens for $17. Doesn't seem worth it to send it back to China and wait wait wait, but not sure how to tell if its really the lens ribbon cable and not something else, other than pressing on the lens makes things work.

Thoughts?
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Looking for opinions. Original seller wants me to ship the camera back to him at my cost (USPS is saying $13-18 - WOW!). Once he receives it, he'll ship me a new one. Or I can pay $28 to have him ship me a new one that will be refunded when he receives mine.

If it's really just the lens, I can get a new B lens and case in the US for $13 or a D Lens for $17. Doesn't seem worth it to send it back to China and wait wait wait, but not sure how to tell if its really the lens ribbon cable and not something else, other than pressing on the lens makes things work.

Thoughts?
Send it by ordinary First Class International Mail with no insurance, etc. It shouldn't be more than about $4 from the U.S.

The intermittent operation when pressing the lens is a sure giveaway where the problem is.

The re-purchase and credit back on the return has been used quite a few times to expedite the exchange.

FWIW, I secured my D lens module in place inside the case with silicone adhesive to prevent the flexing stress on the cable. Hot melt adhesive could also be used.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 19, 2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added lens securement note
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post

The greatest innovation yet is coming soon.

Available just-in-time for Xmas.

Keep watching this thread

I am still waiting and thinking what it can be? It has something to do with software or hardware?
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:07 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
ooops... sorry. mine came in epp foam but no cap. anyone know where to get the lens caps?

i could also use one for my a lens. didnt get one with that either. less important than d obviously due to shape but still.
A simple cap can be made with Heat Shrink Tube
and it works for all lens diameters

eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:01 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I am still waiting and thinking what it can be? It has something to do with software or hardware?
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Well he has left it too late for Christmas.It takes at least 2 weeks to get stuff here.
I know but anyway I am really curious. "The greatest innovation yet" are strong words
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:28 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesonsky View Post
A simple cap can be made with Heat Shrink Tube
and it works for all lens diameters

Hello,
what do you used to seal the free end of the heat shrink tube? I mean this red coloured stuff.

I also do caps with heat shrink, and I seal the free end by squeezing its end between my fingers while it is still hot (you must be able to tolerate some heat....!) This causes the tube to become flat at its free end, since the tube sticks to itself.

Regards,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:05 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
I order a set of 1.25mm 2 pins and when I got them the red wires was on the wrong side. Is there any where the red wire is on the right side? Jack
If you look on the 'underside' you will see two small pieces of metal, one for each wire. These are latches which hold each wire in.
use a large pin, or ultra fine screwdriver to gently push the latch in and then gently pull the wire, when the latch clears the body, you can remove both wires, and push them back in the other way round - ok?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
If you look on the 'underside' you will see two small pieces of metal, one for each wire. These are latches which hold each wire in.
use a large pin, or ultra fine screwdriver to gently push the latch in and then gently pull the wire, when the latch clears the body, you can remove both wires, and push them back in the other way round - ok?
Mike
Thanks I'll try that. I want to put one in my old #3 camera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
Thanks I'll try that. I want to put one in my old #3 camera.
One word of caution... DON'T rely on the wire colors for polarity.... they are sometimes reversed from what you would expect. Check the + and - connections with a DC voltmeter before you swap a battery to a new device.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
One word of caution... DON'T rely on the wire colors for polarity.... they are sometimes reversed from what you would expect. Check the + and - connections with a DC voltmeter before you swap a battery to a new device.
Oh ! - I missed that out, thanks Tom.
Mike
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Thanks Tom I will do that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Unless is really only to announce on the 25th.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:59 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Yes, but software is Instantaneous (almost).
Mike