this mini vidéo the birds eat

Please turn up the volume

"Motion detection"
no editor
juste in live
All settings in auto
Firmware 0.58 bêta

bye ,,,,,
What a great idea! Thanks for this idea, my wife has a bird feeder in our back yard that she loves to watch from our kitchen window, I think this weekend I'll rig up a place to put my #808 and see what kind of pictures we can grab.
dmccormick001 is offline Find More Posts by dmccormick001
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
I = V/R
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Would anyone be interested in a right angle extension cable for these cameras?

I am communicating with a seller/manufacturer overseas about making a custom version of this cable that will be compatible with our cameras as most usb cables do not make use of the video out on pin 4.
Tw34k is offline Find More Posts by Tw34k
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I would, also if it's possible just to get the connector alone. Trying to make a plug in vtx, that would.be nice for it.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
345 Posts
deleted, PM sent.
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Last edited by eyesonsky; Dec 12, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Clowns have more fun!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Nov 2011
53 Posts
Right angle extentions

Count me in for (3)
CopterClown is offline Find More Posts by CopterClown
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:03 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
Would anyone be interested in a right angle extension cable for these cameras?
I am communicating with a seller/manufacturer overseas about making a custom version of this cable that will be compatible with our cameras as most usb cables do not make use of the video out on pin 4.
Any interest persons should use PM for replies to this inquiry... please?!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
deleted, PM sent.
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:06 PM
I = V/R
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Sorry to clutter, Perhaps I'll start a thread for it soon. Just wanted to see if any others had interest before further perusing having these made.

Tom, If you could be so kind, would you happen to know where I can find an exact pin out of the usb pin connections in this camera? If this is already documented I'd rather ask and find the info first before digging into the camera with my multimeter. I have a feeling it's just vcc, gnd, and Vout but I'd like to be sure.

Edit: I will be making a thread, all those with interest who PM me will be sent a link to the future thread once composed. I'll also post a link here as well pending it's OK with Tom.
Last edited by Tw34k; Dec 12, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,453 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to clutter, Perhaps I'll start a thread for it soon. Just wanted to see if any others had interest before further perusing having these made.

Tom, If you could be so kind, would you happen to know where I can find an exact pin out of the usb pin connections in this camera? If this is already documented I'd rather ask and find the info first before digging into the camera with my multimeter. I have a feeling it's just vcc, gnd, and Vout but I'd like to be sure.
It's in one of the links I refer all new users to read before posting. See post #1, then the FAQs in post #3... external power related I think.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:

Edit: I will be making a thread, all those with interest who PM me will be sent a link to the future thread once composed. I'll also post a link here as well pending it's OK with Tom.
Its here..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1020
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
I = V/R
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Yes, I wound up finding that, I suggest maybe the post could be updated to include that video out is later put through pin 4 on the #16.(maybe 18 as well, I'm not sure) The linked post leads you to believe pin 4 is not used but I do believe I have all the info I need for the pinout, thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Anyone care to share an unedited video for download?
qsgsg is offline Find More Posts by qsgsg
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,453 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I wound up finding that, I suggest maybe the post could be updated to include that video out is later put through pin 4 on the #16.(maybe 18 as well, I'm not sure) The linked post leads you to believe pin 4 is not used but I do believe I have all the info I need for the pinout, thanks.
Thanks. Probably a good idea, but the V1 cameras don't have video out, so that post is still valid for that version. With all the changes this camera has gone through (and still is), it's hard to keep up with all the links covering all the changes.

That said, post #1 gives a fall back for when the FAQs don't have all the answers, and that is using the thread search function link in each message header bar. E.g. searching for some key words in your question, like "video", "out", and "pin", immediately pulls up some posts which identify that pin 4 carries the video out signal.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Apr 2010
84 Posts
Keep in mind as a request:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
[...]
I will keep the thread open for a period of time after any new firmware release, mainly to get user feedback on it for any bugs spotted so they can be fixed. Once the thread posts start to become divergent again, I will close it back down to keep it focused and eliminate redundancy.
[....]
Didn't the devs even consider to drop the key chain case and go for a "easyer to work with" square case like the jumbo, but then smaller?
ThaHandy is offline Find More Posts by ThaHandy
Last edited by ThaHandy; Dec 12, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHandy View Post
Keep in mind as a request:
Didn't the devs even consider to drop the key chain case and go for a "easyer to work with" square case like the jumbo, but then smaller?
Different case designs might be considered, but probably not as long as the guts will fit in the ubiquitous 808-style case. Square is not good aerodynamically, but having the bottom flat might help with some mountings.

New cameras are bound to happen sooner or later, and that means more capable CMOS imagers (probably with larger lenses), requiring larger batteries and larger cases to hold them. For many uses, the larger size (and price?) may not be an issue, but for aerial video use, it's the small size and price that make this camera unique. If the old "jumbo-size" case can hold all the guts of a more capable camera, I think it will sell.