jurepu is offline Find More Posts by jurepu
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
Mounted with nothing but package tape .. Notice on the wingtip, you will see the cam with the external power supply about 6" behind it. I just tape the living snot out of them as I don't want to have them fly off an injure someone.. The rear stab also had external pack.. The two on the canopy and in front of the cockpit facing out had no external and also just taped on.. The whole flight was 31 minutes..
Mounting GoPro's out there require much paperwork and sign offs.. These the a&p saw my attachment job and gave us the go ahead..

I went up a few weeks ago to get ideas and figure what to highlight for the folks that run that gig.. This time I was on the ground and I turned on the cameras after the run up and right before flight. You will see one above the front passenger's head.. And one ahead of the windshield
That's very very cool. If you happen to have any photos of the tape job and placement, I'd love for you to shoot those too me. You can PM me or whatever. My father-in-law is 1/2 owner of a British Bulldog so this totally has my attention.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, WI, Holmen
Joined Aug 2003
130 Posts
I seldom endorse resellers but in this case, I'm making an exception.

I seldom post endorsements of reseller but in this case I'm making an exception due to the quality of the purchase experience from this ebay seller. I purchased a #16 keychain camera from digitalele889 on December 1st. On December 7th I received an email from the seller with a pdf of the manual attached along with a link to this RCgroups thread (This was an unsolicited email, just the seller providing excellent service).

Today I received my order!! 9 day from order to delivery from CHINA... Great job digitalele889!!

If you're in the market for a #16 camera I wouldn't hesitate to recommend purchasing from this vendor.
BGauweiler is offline Find More Posts by BGauweiler
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:07 PM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I think they both have a 7mm thread, but why bother swapping a lens and risk damage when you have a choice of three lenses (possibly soon to be 4) you can pick from with the #16? There is no "lens B", per se, for the #11, and the lenses for the #16 are the result of much searching for the best performing lenses for the camera.
...because from my experience I always have to break the glue and readjust focus on any of my 808 lenses for my use (between cap-brim cam and onboard). I expect when I get my #16 with whichever lens I'll have to do that anyways. For cap-brim cam use I need closer focus distance while for my occasional onboard cam use I need farther focus distance. I'm getting the fisheye lens for occasional onboard use and will swap to the other lens for cap-brim cam use so if I keep swapping the whole lens module I'll have to break the hot-glue for the lens housing on every swap (I will strip down and dump the keychain casing for lightweight for onboard use so I have to hot-glue lens module housing) and there's also danger of breaking the ribbon cable from repeated swapping. I shouldn't have said lens B for #11 but I know that there're 2 different lenses for the #11, one with red IR filter up front giving the red tint and the other with the IR filter at the back giving blue tint. I just wanted to mention that mine has the red tint in the front.
Race Miata is online now Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
79 Posts
I package tape everything completely down only leaving the lens area exposed, I cut around the on off buttons using a razor blade. The most important thing is no loose ends on the leading edge.. So the last thing I do is place one strip of tape horizontally across the tape ends on the leading edge.
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
those doing recording with an external usb battery pack, power source has to be turned on first before initiating the recording contrary to what the manual states (turn on either before or after).
qsgsg is online now Find More Posts by qsgsg
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
728 Posts
Changing focus

Question regarding changing the focus on the #16. I am reluctant to open the camera up and adjust the focus as I am afraid I'll break or short something out. This photo was shot with the #16. Can the detail be improved if I change the focus, or is this about as good as it gets?
TScott1118 is offline Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118 View Post
Question regarding changing the focus on the #16. I am reluctant to open the camera up and adjust the focus as I am afraid I'll break or short something out. This photo was shot with the #16. Can the detail be improved if I change the focus, or is this about as good as it gets?
I'd say that's as good as it gets based on the lower portion of the image, though the upper part of the image looks to be less focused than the bottom. It's hard to tell because the compression codec will cause any patch of nearly the same color and detail to become "muddy"... like the brown mountain side. This also happens with grass, weeds and tree leaves when they are some distance away when the lens can not resolve the detail.

But the lens vignetting really shows up with the center "hot spot" and edge color change... a "B" lens, I'd bet? The "A" lens would give much more uniform image, with only slightly less angle of view.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I'd say that's as good as it gets based on the lower portion of the image, though the upper part of the image looks to be less focused than the bottom. It's hard to tell because the compression codec will cause any patch of nearly the same color and detail to become "muddy"... like the brown mountain side. This also happens with grass, weeds and tree leaves when they are some distance away when the lens can not resolve the detail.

But the lens vignetting really shows up with the center "hot spot" and edge color change... a "B" lens, I'd bet? The "A" lens would give much more uniform image, with only slightly less angle of view.

I believe it's an "A" lens, as the lens type wasn't specified when I purchased it.
I suspected it was the optimal focus. I'm not complaining about the quality of the image as it's better than my other cameras.
TScott1118 is offline Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118 View Post
I believe it's an "A" lens, as the lens type wasn't specified when I purchased it.
I suspected it was the optimal focus. I'm not complaining about the quality of the image as it's better than my other cameras.
The "B" lens is the default if you do not specify, I think. It has a very red reflection off the front lens element, whereas the "A" lens is blue.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
516 Posts
where is a good place to buy one of these keycam?
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:18 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
where is a good place to buy one of these keycam?
read post #1, then #2!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:21 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,155 Posts
Regarding TScott's photo in post#11496 (last pic above) is that a frame taken from a video or a time lapse photo?

I ask as a picture might resolve/render/produce/focus a better image than a grabbed video frame?
(Though, would a photo be blurred due to the motion of the plane?)

-B!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:58 AM
New in the game
Nederland, ZH, Capelle aan den IJssel
Joined Feb 2011
126 Posts
Here is a video i made with the #16 + 0.67 wide angle lens.
I think the picture quality is pretty decent for such little cam.

I made a simple cameramount from aluminium for this shoot.

And here is the result..!!!

Turnigy 1/10 Brushless 2WD Desert Racing Buggy "808 #16" (7 min 54 sec)
Remko is offline Find More Posts by Remko
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
96 Posts
hello
this mini vidéo the birds eat

Please turn up the volume

"Motion detection"
no editor
juste in live
All settings in auto