Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
FW v0.58 (still with bugs) back in download page

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofa View Post
Hi

My cam is upgraded to the only available Firmware version V.49, but GUI does not show Pal format my screen display, clips my OSD display so that some of the numbers are missing on mys screen, what is the fix. Regards Goofa
V0.49 FW did not have PAL output... it was added in v0.58 which showed some bugs in previously stable functions after it was released. I've had other requests to try the buggy V0.58FW, so to save me the time of emailing it to users, I've put the prior v0.58 MOV FW back on the download page. NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED YET! I have labeled it as a BETA version due to known bugs! If you choose to try this firmware to get the new functions, turn OFF the Auto-shutoff function to minimize the bug problem. I'm leaving the prior officially released firmware (v0.49) with no know issues available for down load as well for now.

I wonder how many new posts we will see mentioning the bugs in v0.58 FW?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 05, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:03 AM
Registered Addict
Bodø, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
874 Posts
Any ideas for making the camera lipo last longer when flying in wintertime? Isolating the casing?
Knitting a wool-sack for it? XD
Stigern is offline Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:13 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,769 Posts
2mm Neoprene wet suit material oversized with velcro on the edges to make a blanket as you suggested.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Any ideas for making the camera lipo last longer when flying in wintertime? Isolating the casing?
Knitting a wool-sack for it? XD
I've not tried it, but I'd first put some tape over all the holes and gaps in the case where air can enter or exit, except over the lens opening of course, but even that can be covered with some very clear "sandwich wrap" plastic! I've done that successfully for splash proofing when mounted on a float plane, and could not tell the plastic was there. Then wrap or encase the entire camera in closed cell foam. You can make one from Styrofoam, or use something like the EPP foam sheet that sometimes is used to wrap objects for shipping... the thicker the better. That will insulate it better than anything and it's very light weight. And keep the camera in a warm place before flying.

If you try something like this and get good results, share the improvement I recording time and what you did here (a picture would help).
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
Thanks Tom!

I'm going to download it before you remove it again.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:38 AM
ptg
Barjetling Academy #1
Joined Apr 2005
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
V0.49 FW did not have PAL output... it was added in v0.58 which showed some bugs in previously stable functions after it was released. I've had other requests to try the buggy V0.58FW, so to save me the time of emailing it to users, I've put the prior v0.58 MOV FW back on the download page. NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED YET! I have labeled it as a BETA version due to known bugs! If you choose to try this firmware to get the new functions, turn OFF the Auto-shutoff function to minimize the bug problem. I'm leaving the prior officially released firmware (v0.49) with no know issues available for down load as well for now.

I wonder how many new posts we will see mentioning the bugs in v0.58 FW?:rolleyes:
Here is the first:
My two cameras works perfect with "buggy" FW.
ptg is offline Find More Posts by ptg
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:38 AM
Italy, Piedmont, Asti
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
PM me your email address and I'll send v0.58 FW.
I still have the v58 firmware and I've found a bug to notify. Here what I did.
  1. I switched on the camera and started to record some footage while driving to my office;
  2. As I arrived I tried to stop recording but pressing the shutter button did nothing. Status led never turned yellow;
  3. I had to switch off the camera with the power button;
  4. Movie was recorded and I've found a 1.5GB file.

The bug was that I had to turn off the whole camera to interrupt the recording. For shorter recording time everything is normal.

Is it really a bug or the camera need some minutes to shut down long recording sessions?
l.aluffi is offline Find More Posts by l.aluffi
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2010
9 Posts
Just stopping by to thank you guys for all the hard work. I've been using your tool to adjust all my settings, it's so much easier than on my previous cameras. I'm using mine on my electric bike, works great:
Africa's fastest bicycle (20 min 1 sec)

Tried the time lapse, but with the camera on my head there's far too much movement. I'll mount it on the handlebars next time to see if that helps.
patrickza is offline Find More Posts by patrickza
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:09 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.aluffi View Post
I still have the v58 firmware and I've found a bug to notify. Here what I did.
  1. I switched on the camera and started to record some footage while driving to my office;
  2. As I arrived I tried to stop recording but pressing the shutter button did nothing. Status led never turned yellow;
  3. I had to switch off the camera with the power button;
  4. Movie was recorded and I've found a 1.5GB file.
The bug was that I had to turn off the whole camera to interrupt the recording. For shorter recording time everything is normal.

Is it really a bug or the camera need some minutes to shut down long recording sessions?
What are the other settings? Some functions will begin recording as soon as the power is turned on, and won't stop until the cameras is powered off. Post your camera's config file here... I'd rather not guess.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:12 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickza View Post
Just stopping by to thank you guys for all the hard work. I've been using your tool to adjust all my settings, it's so much easier than on my previous cameras. I'm using mine on my electric bike, works great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu0IHH8EAvQ

Tried the time lapse, but with the camera on my head there's far too much movement. I'll mount it on the handlebars next time to see if that helps.
Try the 5 fps Frame Rate mode instead. It will play back at 30 fps with no editing required, and give slightly less speed-up than the slowest that can be created by converting time lapse images into a movie.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickza View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu0IHH8EAvQ

Woah!
How fast your internet is?
I mean uploading 20 minutes of video- luckey you.
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
So I haven't updated my Configuration Assistant nor my #16 cams lately.

I run the assistant on a Mac and I note that Version 3.x.x.x says 'works on Linux and Windows (and Mac OS X once issue resolved)

Is the Mac issue resolved? or should I stick with the old version for now?
Unfortunately, the issue with Mac OS X is not yet resolved; it looks like it will take a while... I will make an announcement once it is resolved.

For the moment your best bet is to use latest Version 0.2.x.x as it contains all the rules for the parameters added after v0.49.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:54 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Hi all

I have a small problem. I have 2 #16 v2 cameras, both on the 49 firmware. They work fine except for the colors. They display colors VERY badly. Yellows are turning blue, blues turn orange, red turns blue. It looks like they have some kind of filter missing. Tried it as a web cam and the colors are fine.
Would love to know if anyone has seen this before. I did search, but found nothing

Thanks
BobD
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post
Hi all

I have a small problem. I have 2 #16 v2 cameras, both on the 49 firmware. They work fine except for the colors. They display colors VERY badly. Yellows are turning blue, blues turn orange, red turns blue. It looks like they have some kind of filter missing. Tried it as a web cam and the colors are fine.
Would love to know if anyone has seen this before. I did search, but found nothing

Thanks
BobD
This is strange. A short sample video clip would be helpful, but since two cameras are doing this, it must be something in the config. file color settings. Did you play with any of the color settings on them?