HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Is it necessary to first demux the two streams before loading into Vdub?
I have not found way to do this in Vdub. Maybe in AVIDemux, but I am not an AVIDemux Fan
Quote:
I just re-read your post... are you stretching the video back out to match the audio?
No, I am strechtching the audio by factor 0.1667. The minimum value for "time stretch" is 0.5, so I am using it 3 times: 1/2 * 1/2 * 4/6 = 1/6.
Quote:
If it could be done, I'd like to see all these frame rate modes have the user option to play back at 30 fps
Maybe an option to record without audiostream and playback @30fps or with audio and playback with 5fps? I don't know if the first is possible, if not the 30fps playback should be removed to not confuse people

This time lapse video is speed up 18X, on the first I use the "stretch" audio filter of Vdub, the second is with "time stretch"
stretch (1 min 43 sec)

timestretch (1 min 43 sec)
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:53 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
I've been trying the time lapse function, and can't it to operate.
The camera information says it's there and set for 1 frame every 5 seconds, but all I get is a continuous video on the 3 #16 with the .58 firmware.
How to?
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There is nothing wrong with your camera, but you didn't follow the instructions BY THE LETTER.

OK, lets start afresh.
Turn on your camera and let it do it's wild blinking, but make sure you wait at least 10 seconds or longer.
Now remove the card.
Turn on the camera and wait until it slowly blinks.
Insert the card back into the camera and wait until the yellow LED turns back on.
Plug the USB cable from the camera into the PC.
Start the GUI and it should automatically find your camera.
Select the camera and set the parameters how you want them.
Save the parameters.
Your camera should now work correctly.
I think I ruined my new camera! I tried updating the firmware using the NR16 windows program. I thought I followed the instructions exactly. I can't remember what exactly happened but the yellow light was blinking wildly and then one blink of red. I think I took out the card before 10 seconds elapsed. Now it won't turn on but when I connect it by usb the charging light comes on? What do I do? Bin it?
Lordlucan is offline Find More Posts by Lordlucan
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:21 PM
Germany, lake of Konstanz
Joined Nov 2004
55 Posts
I just updated to V 0.58. The 4:3 ratio for video out is a big plus now, giving more visual information as only few users might have 16:9 ratio video goggles.
But still I see black bars at all four image sides, both when connecting directly to a monitor or my FatShark glasses.

Is there really no chance to get rid of them and therefore use the full video glasses resolution?

Regards, Gerd
GerdS is offline Find More Posts by GerdS
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordlucan View Post
I think I ruined my new camera! I tried updating the firmware using the NR16 windows program. I thought I followed the instructions exactly. I can't remember what exactly happened but the yellow light was blinking wildly and then one blink of red. I think I took out the card before 10 seconds elapsed. Now it won't turn on but when I connect it by usb the charging light comes on? What do I do? Bin it?
Have you tried to turn the camera on with out the card in it? If you didn't delete the firmware from the card the camera may not work because it's already installed that firmware.

If the camera will start without the card installed, once the camera is on incert the card and plug the camera into the computer and open the removable disk icon and remove the firmware BIN file from the card and you should be good to go.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
But there's no firmware file on the card mate? Like I said I used lsoprops gui program. It downloaded the bin file to my hard drive. I think I've wrecked it! $50 down the drain!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Hi Folks, This is my first time posting to the group. I'm using my camera for Ariel Kite Video.

I have a question. When I purchased my #16 V#2 I also purchased two extra lipo batteries with the camera order. They've never been in the camera and I've never charged them. Is it safe to keep/store them as they are, or should I put them in the camera and charge them occasionally?
FujiDave is offline Find More Posts by FujiDave
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Lordlucan,

I ran into a couple of problems when I first started playing around with the firmware. I thought mine was rendered useless too. Somehow I had skipped a step. I believe without an actual hardware failure, it likely impossible you rendered your camera useless. You simply screwed up something with the firmware on the card or removed the firmware from the card. The camera is still good.

Try it again, or try another approach.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Believe me I'd try it again if I could get it to power on!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Try loading it on the card without the card being in the camera. I believe that's what I ended up doing. Then I used the NR16 Setup Wizard to update and control the settings. It took me hours to get mine corrected. I don't remember what steps I took, but I carefully read the first few pages in this discussion and something worked. I know you can do it. The camera is still good. it's the card/firmware or lack of, that's messed up.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Thank you! I did that and it did what it was doing before....yellow blinking rapidly and then one red blink. I followed the instructions above (waiting at least ten seconds and taking out the card then turning on the camera and waiting for it to blink) the problem is I've been waiting and waiting and there's no blinking!!! Really wished I hadn't used the Windows GUI to update the firmware...the other way seems far simpler.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Wait a minute I got it!!!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
I believe I ended up finding the solution to my quandary by following one of the steps in the "The Detailed Instruction Manual" available for download here...

http://www.mytempfiles.info/nr16/index.html
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
I actually read that before I did anything Dave! Your idea of loading the firmware onto the card saved me mate. I could kiss you! I had the damn thing open and disconnecting the battery and everything!! It's a miracle it's still working. Thanks again!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Coolio, I'm glad I could help. Can anyone offer any information on my question above. If I'm correct I should be storing lipos at 40% charge in the refrigerator for long term storage. Were they pre-charged when shipped? I don't have any way of checking their current charge capacity/rate.

The reason I'm asking is, I'm also reading that storing fully charged lipos, long term is BAD. Zoinkaroonies. I guess I could put them in the camera, discharge them and then recharge them to what I think may be 40%. But Zoinkaroonies again.