HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Jun 2012
130 Posts
I have got one question about sound: Is it the best option to use for volume 'Medium' ?
Because with medium I get the best sound , so that you can understand what I am talking about, there is much les buzzzzzzzzzz sound.
That was with previous firmware - 0.49 .
So , please tell me what to use with 0.59 firmware.
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
I have got one question about sound: Is it the best option to use for volume 'Medium' ?
Because with medium I get the best sound , so that you can understand what I am talking about, there is much les buzzzzzzzzzz sound.
Just make three recordings, one low , one medium and one high.

You can then work out which suits the type of video you are doing.

VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hin View Post
Hello Welcome99,

the sensitivity of the motion detect is very low. My #16 v1 cam needs approximately 10 sec of heavy movement before starting recording. That was already the case with the former 0.49 fw and is the same with 0.58. With low Motion Sensitivity ther is even longer movement necessary, high seems to be identical as with the 0.49 fw.
So the cam is not really useful as an observation cam, but apart from that it is absolutely great, especially with all the new features.

greetings Hin
What kind of motion are you using to trigger the motion detection? e.g. a car driving by, or bird flying by, or a bullet whizzing past? I'm not trying to be cute... just trying to understand what you are expecting. It takes a certain proportion of the scene to change in a finite time period. I don't know exactly what those variables are with the two settings, but someone will always find them too much or not enough. One user already reported the old setting was too sensitive and he preferred the new low settings. I suspect, but have not tried to quantify, that the amount of lighting will also have a large impact on the ability to detect motion. I can walk past the camera in a "normally" lit room at night and easily trigger a video.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2010
71 Posts
Has anyone posted this yet?
Might be helpful for using external 1s lipo through USB. It's only $3.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...to_5v_1A_.html

Quote:
TURNIGY Voltage Booster for Servo & Rx (1S to 5v 1A)

Lipoly Single cell voltage booster for Receivers and servos.
This little unit plugs into your single cell lipoly and will boost the voltage to 5V, allowing you to run a receiver on a single cell lipo!
Why would you want to do this? Less weight of course!
This little voltage booster weighs just 2.9g with wire and plug and full length pins. It is built on a flexible PCB (the same type used in your mobile phone to control the screen) so its very light, flexible and thin. Removing the wires and plug plus cutting the pins down will reduce weight by a further .6g!

Operating Voltage : 3.2V - 4.2V
Operating Current : 1A
Max operating Current : 1.5A
Weight: 2.9g

Warning! Pay attention to the polarity of plugs and never use more than one single lipo cell to power the voltage booster.

PRODUCT ID: DMDL-VBoster
IsaacW is offline Find More Posts by IsaacW
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
I don't know if this can be called a problem. The video is speeded up to show 30fps, the audio is not. So we have an overall play time of 51:22, the player has only frames to show a 8:33 minutes video with 30fps. I don't know if it's possible to speed up the sound, maybe it's better not to speed up the video, or record without sound.
What you are experiencing is a necessary result of the way the video is recorded and played back. In all recording modes, the audio and video are two separate and independently recorded streams of data. Those streams are both encoded separately with different compression codecs, and then mixed into a playable file format. But when that file is played, those two streams are separated again so they can be decoded with their specific codecs for playing. Normally, the video and audio will play back at the same rate so the sound stays in sync with the video. And this is how all of the frame rates work with this camera EXCEPT the SPECIAL 5fps mode. As described, this mode plays back the VIDEO stream at 30 fps, but the separate AUDIO stream still plays back at the same speed as it was recorded. So the video is finished in its entirety and stops (the freeze frame you see) approximately 6 times (30/5 = 6) sooner than the audio! Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the short description of this function in my introductory post, so thanks for bringing this up.... I'll go back and add it.

After recording you can choose to simply mute the audio during play back (since it doesn't match what you see anyway), or you can use an editor to strip it off entirely from the playable file (so the files tops playing when the video is done), or change the sound time base (with a capable editor) so the sound plays back at the same rate as the video. The result of the latter will be unnatural unintelligible sound at this amount of speed up... very high pitch and/or extremely fast depending on what editing method is used.

I'm pretty sure the camera cannot do any of the audio time base manipulations while it is also recording, but it seems possible that it could blank the audio in that special 5fps mode so the resultant video file doesn't need any other post processing. I recall mentioning that to the developer during all the testing of the many new changes, but there were greater issue to solve and it fell through the cracks. But I'll follow up on it. Note that the GUI toggle to turn sound off does NOT eliminate the audio stream... it just lowers the volume so it cannot be heard. So this special mode would still have that extra playing time attached with no sound.

FWIW, anyone who may do some post editing of the other frame rates to change the playback frame rate for different speed up effects will run into this same issue.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added comments on blanking the audio in the camera.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
...After recording you can choose to simply mute the audio during play back (since it doesn't match what you see anyway), or you can use an editor to strip it off entirely from the playable file
Yes, I am demuxing audio/video with ffmpeg. In VirtualDub and I am loading the video and audio separately and using the audio filters "stretch" or "time stretch". Thats no problem. Only the "freezed" video had confused me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I'll go back and add it.
Thank you
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacW View Post

Note the user comments... this device has a no-load current drain of about 50mA (unconfirmed) when connected, so it will drain a connected lipo cell (with no integral low voltage cutoff circuit board) to it's point of no return if left connected. The current drain on the battery with this method will be greater than if connected directly to the camera internal battery terminals, but does allow going in through the USB port for power.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
Yes, I am demuxing audio/video with ffmpeg. In VirtualDub and I am loading the video and audio separately and using the audio filters "stretch" or "time stretch". Thats no problem. Only the "freezed" video had confused me.

Thank you
Great... you've already done the workaround. Is it necessary to first demux the two streams before loading into Vdub? I haven't tried it yet, but Vdub can demux and process the two streams separately once a video file is loaded.

Just curious, with a speed up of 6X on the audio, what kind of sound are you recording, e.g. voice, or something else? Could you post a brief sample of your processed video here so users can see and hear the effects of doing this? I thought it would not be useable, and recording with no sound track at all would make the native video file better for most people to sound sync problem. Most like plug and play, and for this special mode that would also seem to be the general preference. Maybe not?

<edit> I just re-read your post... are you stretching the video back out to match the audio? Maybe I misunderstood? <edit.

<edit2> If it could be done, I'd like to see all these frame rate modes have the user option to play back at 30 fps with no sound (instant native time lapse), or at their recorded frame rate WITH sound. There was some attempt during the firmware development to get them all to play back at 30 fps, but not yet realized. Might as well shoot for the moon. <edit2>
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacW View Post

That's interesting... I'm trying to find a way to power the camera and a 20mw vtx off one battery, it's rated 3.5-5.5v so I'm going to just try off the internal battery first, but otherwise one of these could work.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Mar 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
In my experience it makes no difference what setting is used. The audio from the 808#16 is not good with a lot of background white noise. I have an old 808#11 and the audio seems to be better on the 11.
clarebanner is offline Find More Posts by clarebanner
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Nov 2012
18 Posts
edit.
onesky is offline Find More Posts by onesky
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:05 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
91 Posts
Hello

Firm with my 808 # 0.49 16 v1 worked great

I put the 0.58 firm. Motion detection does not work I went to the 0.49
and so is more the check indicator movement changed the duration of clips changed
and picture settings are on normal
I made a reseet with the button on the side but no change
Bug NR16 3053
Bug or 0.58???
cordially
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesky View Post
edit.
Why don't you buy one and let us know ?
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Hello

Firm with my 808 # 0.49 16 v1 worked great

I put the 0.58 firm. Motion detection does not work I went to the 0.49
and so is more the check indicator movement changed the duration of clips changed
and picture settings are on normal
I made a reseet with the button on the side but no change
Bug NR16 3053
Bug or 0.58???
cordially
With firmware v0.58, set the defaults using the GUI (Valeurs par défaut), now change ONLY the motion detect parameter and try again. It must work.

When you update to firmware v0.58 with the GUI, the camera is automatically updated with the previous parameter settings. There is a slight possibility there is a parameter conflict between 0.49 and 0.58 that has been missed. It's just an idea, but worth a try.

[EDIT]
OK, problem resolved.
Because of the language barrier, Rubis has asked me to post this information so other users won't be confused. He apologizes for the misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, motion detection is not mentioned in any of the manuals, so it was previously a hit-and-miss to find out how it was activated. Unless you've been very attentively watching this thread

In version v0.49 it was possible to press the shutter button immediately after turning on the camera. This did not affect anything, and maybe some thought this was the way to start motion detection. It wasn't, but the early button-press didn't have any ill effects on the motion triggering.

In v0.58 motion detection is started immediately the camera is turned on, but you will have to wait 2-3 seconds before it is activated. If you press the shutter button at the wrong time you will start a normal recording, so motion detection will not be activated until you manually stop the recording by pressing the shutter button again.

To summarize, you should not press the shutter button when using motion detection. Turning on the camera is all that is required.
[/EDIT]
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
I would like to thank tom

Thanks tom For puting in this new version the option to stretch the screen - now it fit my screen / fpv googles when i fly my quad.
thanks !

שדות שילר ביום גשום ומלא בוץ (4 min 18 sec)
Mitamar is offline Find More Posts by Mitamar
Last edited by Mitamar; Nov 29, 2012 at 02:18 PM.