SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Unfortunately for some reason I can not access the GUI that allows changing the Tungsten/flourescent settings. It is greyed out. I did try to update tp the latest firmware but no change. Also I cannot access PAL, only NTSC is available.
More information is needed to find your problem. The symptoms suggest you have an old FW in your camera that does not support those settings. If you are using the latest version of Isoprop's GUI, it should flag that your FW is out of date when you select the camera in the selection pane, and then you can update it from the Tools menu automatically. It's pretty foolproof if you let it do the work.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
Tom F.......It was sad to see the thread closed after coming back to it after some time. This thread moves very fast. Much much to catch up on and read. Checked this morning and whaddya know....you....it....is back. With new fancy firmware. Fan-bloody-tastic. Thank you mate.
101airbourne is offline Find More Posts by 101airbourne
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Extended lens question?

This may be a question for Tom. Anyone know if the 6" extended lens for the #18 will work with the #16 or if there is one available for the #16? Sorry if external links are not allowed but I saw the lens here http://www.ebay.com/itm/320999258340
vstarman5 is offline Find More Posts by vstarman5
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
The lens from #16 will not work on #18 and the lens from #18 will not work on #16 because of the different pattern ribbon. If you will connect the lens to the wrong camera it will become very very hot in 2 seconds and you risk to kill the camera and/or the lens module.

Look HERE for my experiment and pictures of lens.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this is off topic but I been away for a long time and I just upgraded to the latest firmware and my #16 works so much better. I want say thanks to Tom and everyone else that made this a great camera. I never learn how to fly a RC so I will just read the post if I have a video I will post a link to it. I just process e-scrap for the gold and this year I only process 7.2 gram about $400.00. So again sorry for the off topic this can be delete if it need to. Thanks
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:55 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
More information is needed to find your problem. The symptoms suggest you have an old FW in your camera that does not support those settings. If you are using the latest version of Isoprop's GUI, it should flag that your FW is out of date when you select the camera in the selection pane, and then you can update it from the Tools menu automatically. It's pretty foolproof if you let it do the work.
Yep I checked the versions and mine was .36 or similar, Now .58 and all working well. I have tried a few different settings now as it is so easy with Isoprops GUI. It should be called FUI (friendly user interface) Thanks all for the help.
Doug
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:10 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
My Maxi Swift flight with #16 cam v2 controlled standard not FPV way from ground. But really enjoyed the flight and recording of the flight with this camera attached in front of wing is simply great! Wheather not so good though, but at least it was not raining. Settings used below. :-)
Maxi Swift is Machine! (22 min 10 sec)
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Last edited by pavn; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:25 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
I had first FPV flight with Maxi Swift and with first just use of #16 keychain cam v2 both for FPV and HD video recording simultaneously yesterday. I used NTSC and 4:3 mode and video transfered on 5.8 GHz. I must say it is not bad. But I rather prefer to use Sony Super HAD 600TVL CCD camera for FPV flights control since it handles dark parts better from my opinion and does not change so much the view. Not sure if it is possible improve #16 keychain cam v2 further to optimise the view for FPV flights visibility and stability.
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Last edited by pavn; Nov 29, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:08 AM
Deutschland, HE
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
nice new features with 0.58 !

But I`m not able to get the motion detection with high sensitivity to work. I tried V1 and V2 cam and both are showing the same behavior:

Pressing power button until the yellow light turns on: no motion detection recognizably.

Presing power button 1 sec longer after turning yellow led on, the cam swiths to photo mode and with each motion, a photo is shot. Video not possible....

Any reason for this ?

welcome
welcome99 is offline Find More Posts by welcome99
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
I have done two test with 5 fps and both times recording stops after ~8:35 minutes (playing time with 30fps) and showing the same image until the end of the video (~52 minutes).
#16v1, settings: 7Mbps/70min

edit: ok, recording starts at 09:22:30 and stops at 10:13:52 so recording time is 51:22min. This is exact the time mpc-hc shows for the complete video @30fps. So the reportet video length is wrong and should be 8:33.67 (51:22m / 6)

edit2: mediainfo shows for the video the correct length of 8:33 but the audio stream is 51 minutes.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Last edited by _Klas_; Nov 29, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome99 View Post
nice new features with 0.58 !

But I`m not able to get the motion detection with high sensitivity to work. I tried V1 and V2 cam and both are showing the same behavior:

Pressing power button until the yellow light turns on: no motion detection recognizably.

Presing power button 1 sec longer after turning yellow led on, the cam swiths to photo mode and with each motion, a photo is shot. Video not possible....

Any reason for this ?

welcome
After you turn the camera on, motion detect will be enabled after about 3 seconds. Turn on the camera and don't press any other buttons.

Are you sure you have installed v0.58, and are you using Nr16Setup?
I'm asking this because motion detection will not work if there is a conflict with some other parameters. Using the GUI will ensure there is no parameter conflict.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
I have done two test with 5 fps and both times recording stops after ~8:35 minutes (playing time with 30fps) and showing the same image until the end of the video (~52 minutes).
#16v1, settings: 7Mbps/70min

edit: ok, recording starts at 09:22:30 and stops at 10:13:52 so recording time is 51:22min. This is exact the time mpc-hc shows for the complete video @30fps. So the reportet video length is wrong and should be 8:33.67 (51:22m / 6)

edit2: mediainf shows for the video the correct length of 8:33 but the audio stream is 51 minutes.
Now I'm

Based on your original post I made a test recording of 17 minutes and everything worked perfectly. Avidemux also showed the correct information.

So, for your 51:22 min. recording what is exactly wrong?
What is the size of your file, and at what frame number do the duplicate frame images occur?

Have you tried using another player, like Avidemux or VLC?

As it stands, if you record for 51:20, then your video length should also be 51:20.
This is the same as if you record at 25fps. 1 hour at 25fps yields 1 hour of video. The sound should also be synchronized, although I didn't test that.

You will not be speeding up your video if you record with a lower frame rate.

I'm sure Tom will jump in, but I think we first have to know exactly what your problem is.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Nov 29, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
I don't know if this can be called a problem. The video is speeded up to show 30fps, the audio is not. So we have an overall play time of 51:22, the player has only frames to show a 8:33 minutes video with 30fps. I don't know if it's possible to speed up the sound, maybe it's better not to speed up the video, or record without sound.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:45 AM
hin
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Hello Welcome99,

the sensitivity of the motion detect is very low. My #16 v1 cam needs approximately 10 sec of heavy movement before starting recording. That was already the case with the former 0.49 fw and is the same with 0.58. With low Motion Sensitivity ther is even longer movement necessary, high seems to be identical as with the 0.49 fw.
So the cam is not really useful as an observation cam, but apart from that it is absolutely great, especially with all the new features.

greetings Hin
hin is offline Find More Posts by hin
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:48 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
107 Posts
Hello all

work perfectly with this block support vehicle for the 808 #16

Chargeur (1 min 45 sec)

@+++
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis