HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
Well I was kinda hoping for a seperate plastic bag with those cables in it labeled with something like "Hey stupid, these are for the #11" lol
Don't worry, you're not the first person to do this. Luckily you don't have a pre-release #16 or you would have burned your fingers....

It can happen to any of us, but all the same, I hope your camera survived.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask and if not I'm sorry. I'm wanting to buy a #16 and not wanting to spend a bunch if I don't have to. Can anyone recommend an Ebay Seller they had 1st hand experience getting a #16 from?

Thanks!
I think post #5 may have a list.

I bought a few from eletoponline365 on ebay and they are great.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
This information is being posted time and time again
Any newcomer should always read the first 5 posts. There's a LOT of information there!
Lol...fair enough and thank you very much! I read then last 5 pages! But didn't read the first 5 posts.
jdr00ejr is online now Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Guess you are a pro at that area to?

Please offer us a lesion to on a video.

Crash. Slowing the video down helps with watching a unstable vid enjoy
"Please offer us a lesion to on a video." More of your jibberish! And you can cut your "pro" and "expert" references when someone tries to correct or paraphrase your nonsensical posts... that comes across as derogatory (I've never claimed to be either, nor has anyone else!).

So here's your "lesion" (I guess you meant "lesson"!). Slowing down the video frame rate makes the entire video motion less smooth and jerkier with more noticable small "steps" in the smooth motion, and even more jerky faster motion. And you know that since you reference a 60 fps frame rate is better for smoother motion! So how does slowing down a video make it more viewable when the intent is to have motion stabilization (less movement)! Of course it doesn't.

How about you post all your replies in your own thread you started, and anyone who wants to read them can go there for enlightenment! It's getting very, very irritating to many of us here!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
cat fight! cat fight!

hard to understand why some are so adamant about chasing those they dont like away. remember the rcg ignore feature is just one click away (ok, maybe two).
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Here are some cool frame grabs from my buddies 808 Keychain #16 V2 with 120* lens. This was from a xRotor Spider Quad.
Wow They are Close
Has your friend posted the video anywhere you can link me to, I'd like to see it.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
cat fight! cat fight!

hard to understand why some are so adamant about chasing those they dont like away. remember the rcg ignore feature is just one click away (ok, maybe two).
I don't dislike Fishy. I (and many others) like most of his videos, but his typed posts are typically "thread clutter" since they frequently make no sense, confuse the discussion, are off topic, etc. etc.

This is a very high traffic thread (third largest and fastest growing in this forum as a matter of fact), and we don't need or want non-sensical posts like the majority of his. We've asked him repeatedly to stop if he can't make understandable posts, but that brings more retorts, more clutter, and wasted bandwidth. It's become a nuisance and obnoxious behavior (to me and others), not consistent with the forum rules, and since this is a thread I started for a specific purpose, I want it to stop. I could click the ignore button, but that doesn't solve the problem. If Fishy really cared, he would clean up his act.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, because I'm on and off this thread throughout the day, most every day, trying to maintain the purpose for which I started it. Fishy has been asked nicely to stop a number of times, yet continues to do it. People who log on infrequently probably don't care one way or the other. If other's agree with me, they can help by reporting the posts to the forum moderator (trolling - obnoxious behavior), also only a mouse click away - link in the upper right header of every post.

FWIW, the FW in this camera is nearing maturity, with no further improvements likely at some point in the near future. Once that point is reached, I will take further action with the thread since it will have served it's purpose, possibly just closing the thread to further posts. Everything has an expiration date.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
del
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
Update! I charged the batteries.. Green light went out as it should. Turned all three cameras and let them record.. The each got 28min of video (20min then 8min).. So they survived!
What had me worried was they got pretty warm last night with the red light on and wrong cables connected. But all looks ok now
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
Update! I charged the batteries.. Green light went out as it should. Turned all three cameras and let them record.. The each got 28min of video (20min then 8min).. So they survived!
What had me worried was they got pretty warm last night with the red light on and wrong cables connected. But all looks ok now
Did you test tv-out? Just curious
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
You are not the only one who feels that way Tom.
I read the posts everyday as well.

Fishycomics is a nuisance who posts garbled nonsense.
He seems to have an insatiable desire to post damned near incomprehensible posts on a daily basis, or, several times a day even.

He can't be bothered to take the time to type something that makes sense and he also can't be bothered reading his own drivel and correcting it before posting. Instead he just carries on posting meaningless rubbish that most people can't understand anyway.

We shouldn't need to have to select to ignore him, he should either get his act together or clear off. His continual posting of gibberish is very annoying and offensive when he has been repeatedly told about it.

He has a thread of his own but haunts this one, presumably because he hasn't got a sufficiently large audience, or, they don't understand "Klingon" !

If he posted stuff that was readable, understandable and made sense then he would be acceptable. As it is he posts unintelligible rubbish, continually does it and seems to think the occupants of planet Earth are eager recipients of stuff that can't be made sense of. He could go get a life but I somehow suspect his babbling will continue.

Tom started this thread with the aim of providing help and support. It was not his intention to create a platform for someone to clutter up with stupid posts from someone who makes no effort to post coherent messages.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
Haven't tested the tv out yet. I will when I get off work tho
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
I agree with Tom and sparklet, and it is Toms thread, and he works hard to try and keep it on topic, understandable and moving.
More I cannot say.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
He has a thread of his own but haunts this one, presumably because he hasn't got a sufficiently large audience, or, they don't understand "Klingon" !
lol! good one. obviously some truth to that. not everyone appreciates his "poetry". but note that hitting the report button requires just as much effort as ignore and has less guaranteed results. personally ive never considered either on rcgroups. so far.

anyway tom and iso do run a tight ship but are gracious enough to babysit so deserve some appreciation and respect.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Know what i noticed....

Since updating the camera with the latest fw i can now hear the internal clock if the camera is in a silent setting while recording.

Also with the latest fw the internal battery self discharges rather quickly.
If the camera is fully charged and i leave it overnight (8-10 hrs) then plug the camera back into the usb to charge,it takes 1.5 hrs to recharge.

Any explanation why a fw change would cause an increased rate of battery discharge when the camera is not in use?

Same with the hearing the clock,how could a new fw now allow me to hear the clock?

I've read about others hearing the clock on the v2 #16's,never read anyone with a v1 #16 stating the could hear the clock.

Wondering why/how this happens?
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker