HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
[QUOTE=fishycomics;23315297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post

Isoprop

This is one of them . telling you not to directly plug into the wrong ports and camera, that is one company called Kodak for two camera's a zi8, and zi10.
What was the point of posting a gigantic meaningless picture?

I clearly quoted "I've only very, vary rarely seen a cable from any manufacturer marked". I did not say I had never seen a marked cable.

I have hundreds of different cables and I can assure you that only very few are marked properly. Sure, some have the manufacture stamped on the plug or silly meaningless stickers, but that won't tell you much in a year or two. The post was also about the #11 "special" cable which is so dangerous it should be marked as such.

[QUOTE=VideoKing;23315370]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

So how does this gem of information help any #16 user ...........
It doesn't - no further comments.....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Removed what was helpful info
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Sorry about your lose of $20.
LOL- Thanks man. Millions of dollars they spend on those damned F1 cars and a lousy $100 Alternator fails. Gezzzzzzzzz!!

So I don't get busted for off topic, I'm loving the Time-Lapse and Motion Detect of FW v0.49. Gunna try and set a camera up out at the field (somehow with solar charging) to keep an 'eye' out for vandals. Just gotta figure out where to mount the camera so they don't find it and smash it or knock it off.
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:38 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,850 Posts
Here are some cool frame grabs from my buddies 808 Keychain #16 V2 with 120* lens. This was from a xRotor Spider Quad.

Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I agree thx. It looks like youtubes deshaker shakes worse then the raw footage. I will reupload my video and choose youtube to not fix anything again!! Lol
Hey crash74...

With however you like to edit and whatever programs you use. A simple crossfade is only needed. Adding in effect of speed or CPA to 24 fps will work but better with a 60fps video. This cam is only a 30fps and if allowed switching to pal may offer some help or not

Sad that Eis. Was not implemented to this cam.

However you go about the load enjoy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,445 Posts
deleted...
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 23, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: it doesn't matter any more...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
The cables are never marked, it's up to the user to mark them!
fish probably posted the pic in response to that part of the comment and imo did not deserve another attack. like they say "no good deed goes unpunished". lol!

anyway im glad i was steered away from getting a #11 by iso and tom. what i dont need are more killer cables floating around.
dave1993 is online now Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
del
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
[del
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
Preliminary testing after connecting the 16's to the 11 special cable, they turn on, they record video so things might be ok? I only took short clips.. they are now charging with green lights glowing.. i will give them full charges then hit record and see what happens and how long they record for.. I admit I'm an idiot

Peter from eleptoline365 (eBay seller) is aware of my actions, after I emailed him explaining what I had done he said don't worry he will stand behind it.. He was worried this might happen as he sent my two seperate orders in one package (I ordered three #16's.. Then seperately ordered a long and short special cable for my old #11.. When I opened the package there were 3 short and 3 long special cables do I figured this was one order only)

If I killed the video out I'm ok with that since these cameras will be used on the exterior of this 1945 Texan T6 to make a video for these folks... My old #11 is on the wing tip facing in.. I will mount (package tape is the bomb!) a 16 on the wingtip, one on the rear Horizontal stab facing forward, one on the canopy facing rearward, and my old #11 on the underside to catch the gear retracting..
T-6 ride over Lake Oroville (1 min 51 sec)

This video had 11 on wingtip and rear stab.. You can't beat the quality if these cameras!

1946 Navion Tachyon XC HD (7 min 39 sec)

The t6 ride was a test from me to get an idea of where to mount cameras and what to capture to help them sell rides. The quality of the other footage in that temp video sux
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Last edited by savage 40; Nov 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask and if not I'm sorry. I'm wanting to buy a #16 and not wanting to spend a bunch if I don't have to. Can anyone recommend an Ebay Seller they had 1st hand experience getting a #16 from?

Thanks!
jdr00ejr is online now Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
If I killed the video out I'm ok with that
if it was plugged into a pc or other standard usb its almost certainly ok. usually takes more than couple hundred ma to kill a fet. if plugged into a high current usb charger then more chance for damage but still probably ok. a lot depends on the sink load in other parts of the circuit when reverse biasing clamp zeners like that.
dave1993 is online now Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
Preliminary testing after connecting the 16's to the 11 special cable, they turn on, they record video so things might be ok? I only took short clips.. they are now charging with green lights glowing.. i will give them full charges then hit record and see what happens and how long they record for.. I admit I'm an idiot

Peter from eleptoline365 (eBay seller) is aware of my actions, after I emailed him explaining what I had done he said don't worry he will stand behind it.. He was worried this might happen as he sent my two seperate orders in one package (I ordered three #16's.. Then seperately ordered a long and short special cable for my old #11.. When I opened the package there were 3 short and 3 long special cables do I figured this was one order only)

If I killed the video out I'm ok with that since these cameras will be used on the exterior of this 1945 Texan T6 to make a video for these folks... My old #11 is on the wing tip facing in.. I will mount (package tape is the bomb!) a 16 on the wingtip, one on the rear Horizontal stab facing forward, one on the canopy facing rearward, and my old #11 on the underside to catch the gear retracting..
Well, if you can record, things may not look so gloomy

The "red" charging LED was most probably lit by current seeping thru the circuitry where it aught not to be! I would expect most of the circuitry runs on ~3V, certainly not 5V. Anyway, I am very interested in the outcome.

@dave1993, FWIW, admittedly the formatting in my post was screwed up, but it was in direct reply to savage 40's question from the previous post.

savage 40:
"Why in the world would eptoline (eBay seller check spelling) send all the cables mixed and not marked?"
My reply:
"The cables are never marked,.....".
which is absolutely correct

and a few words later
"...I've only very, vary rarely seen a cable from any manufacturer marked."
in which I'm not asking for people to post all the pictures of all the marked cables they can find....

Since this is a #16 thread, I don't see any relation to a Kodak cable. But let it be....
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
Well I was kinda hoping for a seperate plastic bag with those cables in it labeled with something like "Hey stupid, these are for the #11" lol
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask and if not I'm sorry. I'm wanting to buy a #16 and not wanting to spend a bunch if I don't have to. Can anyone recommend an Ebay Seller they had 1st hand experience getting a #16 from?

Thanks!
There are only two official sellers and they are linked in post #2.

They have an excellent reputation and stand behind their product.

This information is being posted time and time again
Any newcomer should always read the first 5 posts. There's a LOT of information there!