HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Yes, that were the normal operation, but after 6 flashes the yellow led turn off and also the camera. At least I will try flashing new firmware, but it think i will give up and buy a new one. I thought the Jumbo 1080p. What do you think?

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate.
kenci is online now Find More Posts by kenci
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:28 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Reagrding that USB cable: Just found this on HK but not shure if it's the right one.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...USB_Cable.html
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:36 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
Voltage combinations from a 3-cell Lipo.
3.7 vdc is the nominal output of any one cell.
With a 3-cell pack, it is possible to get 3.7, 7.4 and 11.1, depending on how each cell is connected.
Not realy getting this as it's late, but what about using a 5V Bec insteat of the balance output?
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Reagrding that USB cable: Just found this on HK but not shure if it's the right one.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...USB_Cable.html
Yes that's the correct type.
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Not realy getting this as it's late, but what about using a 5V Bec insteat of the balance output?
It is intended to show what voltages are available on which pins of the balance connector, should anyone use that, as was discussed earlier.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:12 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenci View Post
So, i have replaced the battery with the new one. It doesnt charge at all, no green led, but it recorded above the 20 seconds. I think it is the board that doesnt charge the battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
My technical knowledge is limited. I can't answer at your question, sorry.
Maybe Isoprop can give you a better answer or another forum user.
In case you want to replace the charger IC yourself and you can't find the SGM4054 that Mtz recommended, you can also use the more common TP4055. These should cost less than $1 a piece.

Luckily, these ICs are quite large and if you have an SMD fine-tipped soldering iron and fairly good soldering experience, easy to replace yourself. I've replaced a similar IC on the #11 a number of times.
All the same, since it's a new camera, I would get it replaced.

A fixed level audio injection point is unknown.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:24 AM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
44 Posts
USB cable

Thanks for all answers regarding mini-USB cable. Now I know what I need.
George
fastguy is offline Find More Posts by fastguy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
Can anybody tell where I can get the cable shown on the attached picture? Because of shipping costs an european source would be best. Or is it available on ebay?
George
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
Thanks for all answers regarding mini-USB cable. Now I know what I need.
George
The link that Justapoke posted, is correct.

However, if you want to make the cable yourself, here goes...

The cable on the picture you posted is hand-made and will only work on the original #11 which requires a "special" cable. I have made many of these cables and I always mark them with a piece of white heat-shrink tubing, as you can see in the original picture.

I also very often make my own cables for the #16 because I can make them the quality and length that I want. I trust a soldered connection much more than a crimped connection.

If you have a fine-tipped soldering iron they are easy to make. The best place to buy the plugs is on eBay. Mini 5-pin USB plugs also exist as right-angled plugs, which are real space-savers. If you buy the plugs locally, beware of the solder pin connections. You want the plugs with 5 solder connections. Many locally available plugs have 5 pins but only 4 solder connections. On the #16, pin #4 is only used for video-out, but all the same, I don't believe in buying castrated plugs.
If you make the cable yourself, I strongly recommend you fill the plug with some type of glue to reinforce the plug. I use hot glue which I apply very quickly using a toothpick before assembly. Using hot-glue can become very messy if you use too much or are too slow. I'm sure there are better glues.

You can use the cable from an old or over-long USB cable.

eBay links:
5-pin mini USB right angled plugs
5-pin mini USB plugs

BTW, I noticed a typo on my original picture. The output should read 5V 450mA and not 450mAh Obviously 450mAh @5V would never give you 5.5hours recording time! Boy, it takes me over a year to notice my own typo from someone else's post
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:45 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Post 109090
post 109090 is some time in the future rofl, but that answers 25% of my question.
TVM
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
del
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:04 AM
Italy, Tuscany, Follonica
Joined Jun 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Your phone is in "peripheral" mode, that's so you can use keyboard,mice etc.
In order to "see" the drive in the camera you need to select "host mode" on the phone. Once you have selected that mode, connect up the camera and switch it on and you should be able to see the drive.

Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qfx_jaQ9jo
thank you very much
enea 54 is offline Find More Posts by enea 54
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:08 AM
Italy, Tuscany, Follonica
Joined Jun 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do not have sufficient knowledge of the android SDK to implement USB communication on android devices. I'm afraid I also don't have the time to dig into the very complicated USB protocol.

Implementing a GUI in any other environment than Windows requires starting to program from scratch. If I were retired and had nothing better to do, I would certainly take on the challenge

I think most people underestimate the enormous amount of time it takes to implement a user-friendly and flexible GUI. Other than the USB protocol, android devices have their own problems - different OS versions, different screen resolutions, lack of USB support on certain hardware/OS versions, etc. etc.

I'm sure most android programmers could whip up a quick-and-dirty GUI using the configuration file method. I know it's far from ideal, but maybe better than nothing. But they will need time and interest, especially if the GUI is to support all the parameters in all the firmware versions. I can tell you, that is not an easy job! Fitting all the radio buttons onto low-resolution touch-screens would also be a fiddly job in the design stage. An alternate method to the Windows GUI would be the method used by therau2000's java program which is also file-based and obviously won't work if there is no configuration file available.

Whoever may decide to program an android version has the choice of two programs on which to base his layout, and the number of parameters are more-or-less known, but the USB protocol is very challenging if it would implemented.
then you could do for java?
enea 54 is offline Find More Posts by enea 54
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2012
138 Posts
Can gui for Android be made like this
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...hon-7-Activity
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:20 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenci View Post
Yes, that were the normal operation, but after 6 flashes the yellow led turn off and also the camera. At least I will try flashing new firmware, but it think i will give up and buy a new one. I thought the Jumbo 1080p. What do you think?

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate.
That Jumbo 1080p camera has issues of it's own in both 1080p and 720p modes. I started a thread on it, so you might want to read about it.

I'd just get a replacement #16 camera if a different fully charged battery does the same thing. The #16 is the best small 808 HD camera available right now.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:06 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,907 Posts
Here is an FPV flight I did yesterday with my 808 #16 cam with a 120* lens.

I power the camera from an extra 5V port from the Rx. I love this camera.

BlueSkyRC Pusher Motor Mount FPV MantaStinger (2 min 51 sec)
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome