Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,927 Posts
I wired the flight battery to the camera on one of my old cameras. Although my flight battery is 11.1 volts I took the center two wires from the charge plug on the battery and connected it to the camera at 3.7 volts. Make sure you get the polarity right. I have not done this on a #16 and can not verify if the camera loses memory without a power source attached at all times.

I removed the battery that comes in the camera being afraid that if I hooked the big battery to the little battery it would charge too fast.
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I wired the flight battery to the camera on one of my old cameras. Although my flight battery is 11.1 volts I took the center two wires from the charge plug on the battery and connected it to the camera at 3.7 volts. Make sure you get the polarity right. I have not done this on a #16 and can not verify if the camera loses memory without a power source attached at all times.

I removed the battery that comes in the camera being afraid that if I hooked the big battery to the little battery it would charge too fast.
Don't think that is a good idea, you are using only 1 cell that way I think and unbalance the lipo.

Besides that voltage is probably to low anyway.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_wanabe View Post
@fastguy That appears to just be a USB to miniUSB cable, I'm sure you could find one that short by just searching for "miniUSB cable"
I assume that there are several different "mini USB" connectors? Is there a special name for the specific mini USB connector of the KeyCam#16?

George
fastguy is offline Find More Posts by fastguy
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
Somewhere lost in Texas
United States, TX, Flower Mound
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
@nosepo

I see 3 wires coming out.. Is the white going to your vtx? Would you have a sample of that? and where did you get the cradle for the cam? I've been looking very something like that too.. Awesome vid..
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:59 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,392 Posts
I bought this camera to me from digitalele889, same vendor as eletropoline.

Mouse over image to zoom

Mini DV 808 #16 V2-D Sport Camera HD 720P Camcorder H.264 DVR Video Recorder New

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320955526583...84.m1423.l2649

What´s the best recomendations, once I won´t be able to read all the 800 pages here I allways used the number 3, I think this one is a few better...
right?
Luis_Claudio is online now Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
I assume that there are several different "mini USB" connectors? Is there a special name for the specific mini USB connector of the KeyCam#16?

George
Technically there's 2 types called "mini" but I've never even seen anything that uses the other type. If you want to get specific, you want a USB Type A to Mini Type B cable. These are the main "regular" and "mini" connectors, so if you see a cable that says it has a "mini" connector on one end most likely it's this type. There's also "micro" connectors but those are smaller and won't work with the #16 cam.
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:31 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Don't think that is a good idea, you are using only 1 cell that way I think and unbalance the lipo.

This camera has such low draw on a big battery I don't think it will make a difference plus if I want to throw one of my small lipos on I could fly a really long time and have batteries to trade out if we are traveling.

I am getting about 20 minutes on my stock #16 camera battery. I do have the external power source sold for the camera.

Another video. I had moderate turbulent wind in the canyon but it's fun anyway.

Albatross up Tibble Fork with #16 keychain (3 min 25 sec)
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post

Voltage combinations from a 3-cell Lipo.
3.7 vdc is the nominal output of any one cell.
With a 3-cell pack, it is possible to get 3.7, 7.4 and 11.1, depending on how each cell is connected.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
del
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
just a reminder for lens D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-D-Modul...item2a251314c4

just a reminder for lens B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-B-Modul...item2a2512ffe3

just a reminder for lens A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-A-Modul...item23247cfccc

And for that holder

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bike-Hol...item3ccbb2c1f8

Well almost a perfect four they all have 365 in common. the three are of our top seller .
er Fishy why did you post this?
Is it in answer to a question that I missed?
Or did you think the thead was hetting a little bit quiet ?
enjoy lol
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
del
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I hope that card works for you. But there are two things about it that have been repeatedly recommended in this thread to avoid:

1. It is a "no name" brand card - you don't know anything about the manufacturer or reliability or warranty.

2. It is a Class 10 card - while the latest firmware has apparently solved the communication problem with many higher speed class cards, the higher speed (if the card can actually do it) has no advantage at all over a Class 4 card with this camera. It only adds cost. This is just one example of a better card choice, and there are many others like this. Good cards for this camera can also be ordered from the camera eBay vendors.
Mem card arrived in todays post,
I can now confirm that the card works fine in my #11 copy so I am sure it will work in the #16 when it arrives.
It came from PC Galaxy, Taipei City, Taiwan.
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
Somewhere lost in Texas
United States, TX, Flower Mound
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
It was me looking for that holder... Thanks And the ebay links might come in handy..
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Now if I press the record button it flashes 3 times fast and then 6 times slower. What could be the problem for this?
kenci is offline Find More Posts by kenci
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenci View Post
Now if I press the record button it flashes 3 times fast and then 6 times slower. What could be the problem for this?
Sounds like normal operation if you toggled on the LED recording indicator? Three blinks of the yellow LED shows a video is started, then a flash of the yellow LED every second means it is still recording.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank