HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Isoprop,
Is there any way to have an auto on config with power? and maybe auto off once power is removed... (Maybe 10sec of recording once power is removed if an internal battery is present?)

Many car DVR's have this and it is a nice feature... you just connect the Power to the camera on the plane, then when you plug the planes batteries in, the camera records. when you land and remove the battery, the camera finishes recording and shuts off...

*Edit
Oh wait... is that what the "auto Record" option does?
No, and no. This question has been asked a lot of times already.
I doubt if such a feature is possible with the current hardware design.
So I repeat: it is not possible to start the camera as soon as power is supplied. But hey, Tom answered this 6 posts ago....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks905 View Post
Hey Tom, I'd like to repeat my question. How to use motion detection function?
Toggle it on in the config file, then press the power button to turn on the camera. It boots up in Motion Detect mode.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Thanks Tom, but how to recognize cam status in this case? If I push Power button ones it starts. For stop it I should push same button again. Is it correct?
aleks905 is offline Find More Posts by aleks905
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Sorry, just forgot to ask, does it work on #16V1?
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
OK, the firmware is working just as it should, so there's no need to upgrade anymore! I have a hunch the lens is not seated correctly. I haven't tried turning on my camera with a dislodged lens myself, but I seem to remember that someone else had a similar problem. On the #11, a steady yellow LED without any reaction was due to a broken wire in the ribbon cable. I assume you haven't swapped the lens assembly, so a broken wire shouldn't be the problem. However, the ribbon cable may have become dislodged if you let the camera fall, had a crash or even in the post. I would almost bet there is some sort of problem with the lens assembly.

If you fiddle with the ribbon cable, you must first disconnect the battery and then very carefully re-seat the ribbon cable in the connector. A few posts back, Rubis posted an excellent close-up video of how to do this and how the ribbon cable should be correctly seated. If you don't have the proper tool like Rubis, you can use a wooden toothpick or similar item, but don't even think about using anything metallic. You don't need to wear any special gloves (I believe Rubis used professional ESD conductive gloves), but it's best to ground yourself before opening the camera by touching a kitchen cold water tap (as long as it or the pipe isn't plastic) or radiator or...

BTW, you never need to press the shutter button for more than second. It should react immediately.

I'm sure you don't have a pre-production camera, but I do, and it works perfectly
Thank you, this seems to have done it.
Tried reseating it, nothing. Tried installing A lens from my V1, nothing. And then after reinstalling the B lens back it came to life.

Too convinient to blame the bootloader for the problems appeared right after I updated it. The V2 has not seem much abuse, the V1 is missing couple of its components on the circuit board....tried couple hacks to get it going but I cannot find parts for it around here, maybe cheap #3 and salvage the parts....
Neverth is offline Find More Posts by Neverth
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
But hey, Tom answered this 6 posts ago....
Sorry about that, I read through the first 15-20 pages and then decided to ask... Probably missed it...

Guess Ill have to pull out my trusty PICAXE chips to build a auto start module

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It wouldn't have the delay EVERY time, unless you ONLY use the camera for motion detection?

To make sure I explained clearly enough, that delay would ONLY be present if you have the camera set to go into motion detect mode every time you turned it on. Any other mode would not have the delay. Seems like it takes me that long after I push the button to place the camera on a table and get it pointed at what I want to be captured when using motion detection. And once it's in place, I have nothing to do but wait anyway
OK I misunderstood. As long as I can start a regular video without having to wait the 5+ seconds then that's fine.
Lothar286a is offline Find More Posts by Lothar286a
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:02 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Tom, but how to recognize cam status in this case? If I push Power button ones it starts. For stop it I should push same button again. Is it correct?
If you don't have the LED toggled ON in the config, you never know when the camera is recording whether in Motion Detect mode or regular recording mode. So you need to turn that on. Then the yellow LED will blink every second while recording, and a solid yellow LED will be on when not recording. You can manually start a recording with the shutter button any time the camera is waiting for motion, and that will start another timed recording sequence as well. Right now, the motion sensitivity is not set real low, so it can take a bit of motion to start the recording. This is being looked at.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:04 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, just forgot to ask, does it work on #16V1?
You should have asked that first.... NO. V2 required, but this is also mentoned in the GUI and help files, which you should access to learn more about the camera. The Motion Detect function is not well documented yet because it's in a state of flux.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Sorry Tom, but GUI does show that tip about V2 for TV Video Out only. That was confusing for me. But thank you anyway!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:29 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
I don't see any vignetting with my B lens.
The center area of the B lens photo has a brighter hot spot in the center, and that darkens uniformly to a noticeably darker image at the sides/corners. It's more obvious in other videos I've seen, but it's still visible in your picture if you look for it. But hey! What you see and find OK is the only thing that counts!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:35 PM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You should have asked that first.... NO. V2 required, but this is also mentoned in the GUI and help files, which you should access to learn more about the camera. The Motion Detect function is not well documented yet because it's in a state of flux.
Sorry have I missed somethng some where? motion detect works with V1, mine do, tv out is V2 only I think, or have I got it wrong, will check mine latter on.

pintail.
pintail1 is offline Find More Posts by pintail1
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Motion Detection doest not work on mine V1. GUI does allow to switch it ON, and red LED does flash when I push Power button, but nothing else.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
#16 Video Out for FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
1) ...

2) Yes, the #16 can do that. I prefer not to for one important reason - the video size is letterboxed compared to the actual video transmitter's output. That means you're losing detail vs. a regular CCTV type camera.
Rick NR417
Some who fly FPV with this set up actually like it better, because they overlay flight data in the letterboxed black bars, where it's much easier to read.

It's possible to display the 16:9 frame stretched vertically to eliminate the letterbox black space, but then the image is distorted. Would you find that preferable to letter boxed images?

I don't think anyone flying FPV would want the 16:9 image cropped on the edges to a 4:3 aspect frame, losing all the side image sections, just to look in proper proportion (would they?)

What's needed is a video transmitter (and remote display) that handles 16:9 images (and while were at, we also need HD video out, not lousy composite video).
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail1 View Post
Sorry have I missed somethng some where? motion detect works with V1, mine do, tv out is V2 only I think, or have I got it wrong, will check mine latter on.

pintail.
OH... too many subjects flying around. YES, you are absolutely correct. Motion detect will work, but not video out.

I sit corrected!