SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Aeroparts, Thanks for the link. It was a good view of the mod but not to instructional. I was hoping for something more along the lines of how he did it so others could DIY it.
Jerry
Jerry42 is offline Find More Posts by Jerry42
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:58 PM
Sweden
Joined Nov 2004
105 Posts
Aha, I didnt see the problem I think he just use some plexi and put it over the existing LEDs, and with some matt finish on the plexi it will be possible to see the lights from all angle. Thats the way I will do it. I can upload some pict when Im ready
/Lennart
aeroparts is offline Find More Posts by aeroparts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry42 View Post
Aeroparts, Thanks for the link. It was a good view of the mod but not to instructional. I was hoping for something more along the lines of how he did it so others could DIY it.
Jerry
Hi jerry try this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1263 this sould help you.

Pintail.
pintail1 is online now Find More Posts by pintail1
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:02 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,389 Posts
Plexiglass will work, a clear rod if possible. Google this for engineering details=>

light pipe design guide
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
To enable me to see the led's easier, I just put a little piece of Scotch 3M tape (matt finish Sellotape that you can write on) over the led hole. It refracts the light slightly making them more visible and also acts as a further seal against wind noise that can reach the mic.

Just had a thought to try out! Take the same tape and roll it up into a small rod. Insert it in the hole and trim off? Dunno if it will work, 'cos the inspiration (?) hit me while typing this.

Let me know if it works... not near my camera at the mo.
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Thanks, guys. What would you use to hold the little button in? some CA or something else? Or is it really necessary to glue it in at all? i can't see any reason to ever remove it once it's there.
Thanks again, aeroparts, Pintail1and Victapilot..
This is a great thread and TF and Iso really deserve all the credit they are receiving, great job.
Jerry
Jerry42 is offline Find More Posts by Jerry42
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Re. my last post and idea... I can't make it work. Tried to roll up the tape and it's impossible to make it small enough.

Anyway, not such a good idea to poke things through there... might knock off some electric components... sorry just a thought!
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:17 PM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan View Post
Re. my last post and idea... I can't make it work. Tried to roll up the tape and it's impossible to make it small enough.

Anyway, not such a good idea to poke things through there... might knock off some electric components... sorry just a thought!
I opened the case, enlarged the hole a little bit (~2 mm), and glued a small piece of clear tape over to seal the hole against water, dirt, wind.
No plastic tube, not as elegant as the others, but veeery easy to do, even for me

Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Yep open the case to a djust cleaned out the hole and no need to squint anymore

Led (0 min 10 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
Hello

808#16 this is perfect

I love this Caméra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7W-Yq6bx9I
My camera is waaaaaaaaaaay less sensitive than yours, you have to jump in frony of the camera a couple of times before it even thinks to start recording and after 5 sec it does
pimjan is offline Find More Posts by pimjan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:32 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Usb cables

I think I should Clarify my comments about
3 out of 6 recent cables faulty
only 1 faulty cable came with a #16 camera, the other 2 were from other sources.
and one of them was a total disconnect job that came with small electronic device.
The impression I get is faulty 'computer end' plug connections.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,389 Posts
B Lens

Here's my B lens, not too bad for focus now. Around 3pm, Fluorescent, Saturation +1, Contrast -1, still not great, but at least stable. No editing adjustments.

It's still quite breezy here!

B lens #16 Ace High (2 min 19 sec)
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
source file

Does anyone have a source code of the firmware???

I want to change some setting which i cant do with the gui
pimjan is offline Find More Posts by pimjan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:52 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry42 View Post
Jerry
I did this one.

http://s134.beta.photobucket.com/use...74224425095185

I put the led in a drill and used a file to cut down to the small post. It works great. The base that's inside the camera needs to be real thin so it doesn't push on the board.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:58 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
a tiny dab of silcone (elmers stix all) on the hole makes the led visible from all angles. i did this so i could tell when the 808 cheapie on my hat brim ran out of battery or memory.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993