HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:54 AM
Sweden
Joined Nov 2004
105 Posts
B Lens: I had "black" corners on the upper and lower right side and opened up the hole and it was a huge different. The 4 soft corner is still there but that is normal I think.
/Lennart
aeroparts is offline Find More Posts by aeroparts
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:02 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
@ victapilot und empeabee ..... you two are correct, the included USB cable is not too good. Intermittent connection ability to #16. I monitored unit for roughly one hour, watch unit drop from Win7 on intermittent basis. I have to wonder if one of the power leads is bleeding onto a signal lead?

Anyway, I use known good USB and now unit communicates properly. Able to get FW loaded at last, I will see if LEDs perform accordingly.

thanks
damn - by helping, we just did Tom out of a new camera to play with....
Glad you got going..
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:05 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
To Developer

thoughts out loud; Video recording stills snapping per 3 second, 5 second or 15 second per shot

ike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post

ike
Emphabee

You are telling the developer it is not good, so when I say

To the developer:

Dual video & still/time lapse

Record video camera snaps shots per choice 3, 5, 10 or 15 seconds

Yes we can grab frames of 1280x720 that was what emphe we was saying

No pun intended and ontopic
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 02, 2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: explained
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:31 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
111 Posts
Hello

808#16 this is perfect

I love this Caméra

808#16 V1 Motion Détection (3 min 27 sec)
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:44 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Welcome to the ignore list and no, I am not lazy.
Tahnk you
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:20 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
Are you by any chance an expert in USB Driver development?
not expert but some experience. mostly windows hid and cdc. since isoprop has this up and running im hoping he might be able to help us here.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
not expert but some experience. mostly windows hid and cdc. since isoprop has this up and running im hoping he might be able to help us here.
The USB protocol used by the camera has absolutely nothing to do with hid.

The public usblib won't help you either. Sorry. You'll have to dig a lot, lot deeper and first understand how the USB protocol works. Weeks of reading I'm afraid....

I can only imagine that someone with profound USB driver knowledge could reverse-engineer the protocol used by the camera.

[EDIT] I will take this to PM to avoid cluttering the thread with technical humbug. [/EDIT]
[MORE EDIT] dave1993, please clear your PM message box - it is full, so I can't send you my PM. [/MORE EDIT]
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Nov 01, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:13 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i have some experience beyond hid but anyway was curious about the actual camera protocol itself. how did you gain access to the command set? afaik yours is the only ide with that capability so nothing for you to reverse engineer.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Rubis, great vid on how the cam is supposed to work. (Sometimes a picture is worth alot to some people)
Question: did you modify the led or did it come that way? It's a great help to see the led so easily. If you did a modification could you please share with us how you did it ?. I know someone already shared their mod of this but am always interested in how someone else would do it.
Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry42 is offline Find More Posts by Jerry42
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Turn lens through 90 degrees?

I know I'm in a minority on this forum because I use my 808#16 V2 D lens in a motorbike helmet. (But I've had a few RC planes and helis in my time).

Anyway, I opened mine up to see if I could turn the CMOS through 90 degrees. I wanted to stick it on the right-hand side of my helmet (I'm a Brit) with the mic hole on the lower side and the buttons facing out.

The flat flexible cable to the CMOS is too short to turn 90 degrees so I looked for other people's ideas but nothing ready-made came up.

So, anyone have an easy solution? I know I'm probably asking the impossible, but how about a longer cable as a standard fitting? I think there would be room if folded and it would give us tinkerers an extra option?

Cheers,
Paul.
PS. My Motorbike YouTube Videos are under my username of "FlyingPanMan"
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:28 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
[MORE EDIT] dave1993, please clear your PM message box - it is full, so I can't send you my PM. [/MORE EDIT]
sorry, a few guys sent messages to me when i mentioned the camera commands. normally my how-to threads create overflow problems but these last few pushed it over the edge. it would be better if people reserved pm for personal info and placing orders (meter diodes and avr chips) too. but best to ask questions in my threads so others can benefit.

any info you can provide would be appreciated. mostly not so much general usb driver stuff as specifics to the camera command set. if you like post in any of my diy threads because i check at least every day or so. although i really dont think its too ot here. this thread gotten into technical issues before. and there are a few others that are curious about it too judging from the pms that just came in. its amazing how many surf but are too shy to post. its like 100 to 1.

i did delete some messages and made room though if thats the only way.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan View Post
I know I'm in a minority on this forum because I use my 808#16 V2 D lens in a motorbike helmet. (But I've had a few RC planes and helis in my time).

Anyway, I opened mine up to see if I could turn the CMOS through 90 degrees. I wanted to stick it on the right-hand side of my helmet (I'm a Brit) with the mic hole on the lower side and the buttons facing out.

The flat flexible cable to the CMOS is too short to turn 90 degrees so I looked for other people's ideas but nothing ready-made came up.

So, anyone have an easy solution? I know I'm probably asking the impossible, but how about a longer cable as a standard fitting? I think there would be room if folded and it would give us tinkerers an extra option?

Cheers,
Paul.
PS. My Motorbike YouTube Videos are under my username of "FlyingPanMan"
Yes, you're asking for the impossible

A longer cable wouldn't help much. These cables are extremely fragile and any bends will crack the tiny wires embedded in the ribbon. Of course it would be possible if you would make a whacking large case, but I don't think that's what you want. It's also not possible to flip the video by 90 degrees in firmware or software. Well, yes, it can be done in software, but you'll end up with a narrow and tall video! The CMOS module does not have enough vertical sensors to capture a 90° flipped scene. Your question has been asked a few times in the past, but I'm afraid there just isn't a solution with the existing case.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:45 PM
Sweden
Joined Nov 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry42 View Post
Rubis, great vid on how the cam is supposed to work. (Sometimes a picture is worth alot to some people)
Question: did you modify the led or did it come that way? It's a great help to see the led so easily. If you did a modification could you please share with us how you did it ?. I know someone already shared their mod of this but am always interested in how someone else would do it.
Thanks,
Jerry
I agree, I found this about led in his earlier posts, I will modify mine
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5035
aeroparts is offline Find More Posts by aeroparts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You may want to hold off on doing much testing for now. I think there may be some improvements in the works.
:O

I hope I could test those improvements by mid-November.
That's when I'm expected to receive my 16GB microSD.
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz