HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:20 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
I did dear friend, but as this thread has more than a year I thought there were more selleres...

But I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a2102bb65

Correct?
You got it!

Great little camera for the money no doubt about it.
You may want to read back through some posts in this thread to see video from the different lenses that are available for this camera before purchasing,see for yourself which lens you like better.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Do you see this camera not improving beyond version 2?
Ah polytixs 101, answer a question with a question.....
Ike - Don't kick the baby
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:48 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
Are you kidding? $30? You give up so easilly did you? Or you are lazy to try even little?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-SD-SDH...item33665cece5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-SIM-Micr...&forceRpt=true
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-USB2-0-...item564e252418
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Tran...item3cc61846bf
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-porta...item564e252402

There are tons of readers of this price. And it is relly clever man to not invest $30 as you said (max $5 in reallity) and throw $40 into trash. Super investment. Unbelievable
Welcome to the ignore list and no, I am not lazy.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:59 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarebanner View Post
I have 808#16 for almost a year. No problem so far. I have updated firmware all along except the very latest (motion etc). I don't have a card reader & follow these instructions...after No 1. Downloading the new Firmware . No 2. Copying the File to the camera...

"In-camera "backdoor" method:
Make sure the camera is turned off.
Remove the card from the camera.
Turn on the camera and wait for the yellow LED to blink, indicating it needs a flash card.
Insert the card back into the camera. DO NOT PUSH ANY BUTTONS.
Connect the camera to the PC using a standard USB cable.
When the camera connects as a removable disk, delete the firmware file (FWMICDVR.BIN) from the disk.
Unplug the camera from the USB cable. It is now ready for use. YOU ARE DONE!"
I am afraid that I have already tried the backdoor method a number of times. I assure all that I read all of the recommended posts, several times, downloaded all files, GUI/Instruction and read those instructions. All that was before the unit arrived in the mail.

Now, sometime Win7 sees the device and sometimes not. Maybe it is a faulty unit, battery charged for 4 hours, even though help files say 2.5 hours should be enough. Only thing left to try is to load the bootloader.

I used the GUI for every action. Nothing worked. For the cost of sending back to China, I will hammer the unit and trash it if installing new bootloader does not work. Sometimes it works out this way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:22 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post

Now, sometime Win7 sees the device and sometimes not. .
Sure sounds like a bad USB cable. If you have another, you should try it.

The hammer doesn't help. It was tried way back on the #3 thread, and was posted on YouTube
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:36 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Sure sounds like a bad USB cable. If you have another, you should try it.

The hammer doesn't help. It was tried way back on the #3 thread, and was posted on YouTube
I agree - 3 out of 6 usb cables received in new kit over the summer were faulty, one made intermittent connection and confused poor olf vista to the point of needing power off & reboot, & not just on #16s either.
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Lens B

jwt873 posted "What I did was enlarge the lens opening in the 808 case by removing the camera's circuit board and then enlarging the hole by drilling it with a 5/32 inch drill bit. (That's 3.9 mm in metric). After that I beveled the opening slightly with a countersink bit.. It made a world of difference."

I just wondered if anyone else has tried this and if it worked as well as jwt873's comparison pics show it did.
dan30677 is offline Find More Posts by dan30677
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,428 Posts
My case has a 7mm hole that I drilled out for a D lens. So it is even bigger than what jwt873 did. The B lens still has vignetting as you can see here. Also hotspot in center.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:26 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,558 Posts
@ victapilot und empeabee ..... you two are correct, the included USB cable is not too good. Intermittent connection ability to #16. I monitored unit for roughly one hour, watch unit drop from Win7 on intermittent basis. I have to wonder if one of the power leads is bleeding onto a signal lead?

Anyway, I use known good USB and now unit communicates properly. Able to get FW loaded at last, I will see if LEDs perform accordingly.

thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
do you know where one can get information on the protocol for direct control?
Are you by any chance an expert in USB Driver development?
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:29 AM
Deutschland, HE
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
I made a short video with the #808 V2 on my glider in France/Vosges:

Le Schweissel, Vogesen, rc soaring (1 min 26 sec)

the settings of colour, saturation etc. are not yet optimized...

welcome
welcome99 is offline Find More Posts by welcome99
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:32 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
I agree - 3 out of 6 usb cables received in new kit over the summer were faulty, one made intermittent connection and confused poor olf vista to the point of needing power off & reboot, & not just on #16s either.
Mike
That is my experience too: One of three cables is "bricked" and bothered me ("why do I get no stable connection in webcam mode???") with time-to-time blackouts. The other cables are ok, hope it stays so.

To the developer/dealers: Please, please send better cables with this great camera!

Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Last edited by falconerider; Nov 01, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
I did dear friend, but as this thread has more than a year I thought there were more selleres...

But I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a2102bb65

Correct?
Yes, that is correct. eletoponline365 is one of the sellers listed in post #2. Sorry, ridgewalker has already told you that

There have never been more than two official #16 sellers and these are listed in post #2, as you have noticed. There is also an eBay reseller in the US if you live in the US and want faster delivery times. Obviously his prices are higher than if you buy direct from China, but it's certainly more convenient to buy from the US if you live there. Delivery from China can take from 7 days up to a month or even longer in some parts of the world. Normally you can expect delivery within 2-3 weeks.

The two sellers noted in post #2 work closely with the developer. Most probably this is one of the reasons there are no more sellers and assures excellent support and perfect communication in case of difficulty or technical questions.

The thread may be almost a year old, but the first 5 pages are always kept up-to-date as best as possible. Post #2, where the two sellers are listed, was last updated 4 days ago
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Nov 01, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I drilled th hole larger, as well. Like Victapilot did I even went the extra step to scrape a tad off the mic hole. A excellent mod when you purchase the Lens B.

I wonder when you make that purchase already in place, will the shadows be present?r
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
To Developer

thoughts out loud; Video recording stills snapping per 3 second, 5 second or 15 second per shot
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)