HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:32 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
I resynced the 4 #16s using Nr16setup, and videod the computer times of the resync. 3 of the cameras set to the same time as the computer, and were close to the WWV clock. One camera, N9, sync'd to the computer, but was minutes off the WWV clock. I reset the computer time to the WWV clock, it was running about 6 seconds slow.
Anyway, it's worthwhile to resync the camera time to real-world time, if one is running multiple cameras at the same time, to make comparing scenes easier.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply on motion detection from before, Tom.
I'll definitely contribute with researching the motion detection once I have the chance.
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:19 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbahmumtaz View Post
Thanks for the reply on motion detection from before, Tom.
I'll definitely contribute with researching the motion detection once I have the chance.
You may want to hold off on doing much testing for now. I think there may be some improvements in the works.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The sad part is a month ago the canyon was bright red and yellow with the fall colors.

I wanted to go a little farther up the canyon and shoot some video there where the canyon is a lot smaller but I needed to get my courage up plus the wind was a little too high to risk loosing the plane on the cliffs.

You have to remember this is only an 18 oz or about 540 gm plane. It is a little bouncy in the wind. I am sure the 5 lb version would be more stable. I am going to put the 16D on a couple of my fast planes and fly in some of the sites too.
I love to grab some footage of Hurricane Sandy, I am afraid Hurricane Tom will be blowing in. SO I do what is best avoid another storm. (jk)

Yes it is always great to see other peoples video's around the world than to say your NYC video's are not wanted. (jk)

It is sad that now most the leaves are gone for the fall shots, not a problem, life goes on
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:29 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
I resynced the 4 #16s using Nr16setup, and videod the computer times of the resync. 3 of the cameras set to the same time as the computer, and were close to the WWV clock. One camera, N9, sync'd to the computer, but was minutes off the WWV clock. I reset the computer time to the WWV clock, it was running about 6 seconds slow.
Anyway, it's worthwhile to resync the camera time to real-world time, if one is running multiple cameras at the same time, to make comparing scenes easier.
Thanks for posting the additional pics. Three of the cameras perform as I would expect. I don't know what to say about the 4th one.

Looks like you are using an older version of the GUI. The latest GUI and FW can directly communicate with the camera without the need for the intermediate config file and manual countdown button press to set the camera time in sync with your PC. maneuver.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:39 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I love to grab some footage of Hurricane Sandy, I am afraid Hurricane Tom will be blowing in. SO I do what is best avoid another storm. (jk)

Yes it is always great to see other peoples video's around the world than to say your NYC video's are not wanted. (jk)

It is sad that now most the leaves are gone for the fall shots, not a problem, life goes on
You are free to shoot all the NY or Sandy videos you want and post them here... if they are aerial video with the #16 camera. That's one of the MAIN purposes of this thread. Ditto for #16 AV of other places around the globe, which I also enjoy seeing.

And as I suggested in a prior post, you can post anything you want in the thread you started, so please, no more ragging on me for trying to keep this one on topic, or the forum moderator may be banging on your door.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You are free to shoot all the NY or Sandy videos you want and post them here... if they are aerial video with the #16 camera. That's one of the MAIN purposes of this thread. Ditto for #16 AV of other places around the globe, which I also enjoy seeing.

And as I suggested in a prior post, you can post anything you want in the thread you started, so please, no more ragging on me for trying to keep this one on topic, or the forum moderator may be banging on your door.
Tom sorry I was talking about flying, and grabbing footage with the Keycam and super cub. too much detail confuses ya. and I did what you requested. Peace.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Tom Frank, i got my #16 today and downloaded the new loader and firmware. It was very easy to do thank to your setup tool. I have tried to take some indoor videos and I am so far very happy with this cam. Very easy to use and the videos is pretty good. I cant wait to put this on a plane and take some aerial videos now that i have it setup with a class 10 16gb card. Thank you for the effort you have put into this, making the use of this cam like childsplay.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:18 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The latest GUI and FW can directly communicate with the camera without the need for the intermediate config file
do you know where one can get information on the protocol for direct control?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:28 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,479 Posts
Color

I reinstalled my B lens, and refocussed it. It needed about 10deg more to get reasonable focus at infinity. I decided then to try correcting color using Cineform. My original setting is Fluorescent, +1 Saturation, -1 Contrast. With Cineform I needed to set Saturation to 1.25 (normal is 1). I then clicked on Protune which is a preset, it seemed to improve whiteness. That was with color cards.

I then used the same settings and Cineform tweak on a normal scene. FWIW
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,952 Posts
Quote:
I think there may be some improvements in the works.
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
do you know where one can get information on the protocol for direct control?
The protocol is NOT available (most likely closed source with non-disclosure agreements). It's easy to sniff the data though. If you have good USB driver development skills (which maybe you do) then this should be plenty to get you started. USB programming is far from easy and documentation is scarce. From what I've read, USB communication is easier to implement in Linux than in Windows.

FWIW, don't compare USB communication with serial port (RS232) communication. That latter can be done without having profound programming knowledge and is pretty simple.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I reinstalled my B lens, and refocussed it. It needed about 10deg more to get reasonable focus at infinity. I decided then to try correcting color using Cineform. My original setting is Fluorescent, +1 Saturation, -1 Contrast. With Cineform I needed to set Saturation to 1.25 (normal is 1). I then clicked on Protune which is a preset, it seemed to improve whiteness. That was with color cards.

I then used the same settings and Cineform tweak on a normal scene. FWIW
Cineform from Gopro.com, does a great job. loved it Victapilot? not great fan of limitations, Using Sony, and other editors we can color correct.

thanks for thetips
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:44 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Tom sorry I was talking about flying, and grabbing footage with the Keycam and super cub. too much detail confuses ya. and I did what you requested. Peace.
Oh Poor old FC, no one understands you and your desire to serve the world.
ike

empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
602 Posts
If the developer is working on some new firmware I hope to check if the camera is working OK when external charger is connected.
From what I read in this thread, when the charger is connected and the battery is full, the camera will use only the power from the external source.
Because my battery died in just 2 weeks I suspect something is wrong with this procedure. In theory, if using external source for recording, the battery should live more.
If external source amperage is bigger than the power needed by recording+power needed to charge the battery, should be no problems.
Also the developer must check this type of connection to not have more bricked cards. I wrote in some previous post how I see this procedure.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz