Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Eletoponline is not showing UK as a postage exclusion on my PC and it changed a couple of days back?
The battery problem is not only UK or even US related but also China-related.

I ordered some items from a large, well known online store in China, and after two weeks was informed that the package had been returned to them by China customs. The store will now try and resend the items, which includes 5 rc LiPos, via HK or Singapore post. They even offered me a 30% discount for the inconvenience

It appears that these new? regulations affect anything sent from China, which may become a big problem. I guess if we receive our items normally we should consider ourselves lucky.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Oct 28, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
quick question... can I charge my camera from a cell phone car charger???
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
quick question... can I charge my camera from a cell phone car charger???
Crash74. Yes, You can charge the KC808 with most any aftermarket chargers, keep in mind voltage, and amp rating, .
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Camera Just turns off

Hi everyone,

I just got my #16 Camera and I've been having a problem with it. I have updated the firmware to the latest one posted on this forum and I have configured it with the GUI to the settings of my preference and I'm still having this problem. My problem is that after varying amounts of time when the camera is recording it just turns off. Times vary from 2-3 min of recording before it turns off to the longest recording I had was 19 min. and a few seconds. It did this before I updated the firmware so I thought that's what was causing it but it is still shutting off after different lengths of time after the updates and configuration. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I'm using a 8 GB PNY class 10 micro SD card. I'm out of ideas. I just bought it and the camera is brand new. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
jeeps4u2nv88 is offline Find More Posts by jeeps4u2nv88
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4u2nv88 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got my #16 Camera and I've been having a problem with it. I have updated the firmware to the latest one posted on this forum and I have configured it with the GUI to the settings of my preference and I'm still having this problem. My problem is that after varying amounts of time when the camera is recording it just turns off. Times vary from 2-3 min of recording before it turns off to the longest recording I had was 19 min. and a few seconds. It did this before I updated the firmware so I thought that's what was causing it but it is still shutting off after different lengths of time after the updates and configuration. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I'm using a 8 GB PNY class 10 micro SD card. I'm out of ideas. I just bought it and the camera is brand new. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
Could be your card check link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1706

Pintail.
pintail1 is online now Find More Posts by pintail1
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:57 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I just got my #16 Camera and I've been having a problem with it.

Times vary from 2-3 min of recording before it turns off to the longest recording I had was 19 min.

I'm using a 8 GB PNY class 10 micro SD card.

Thanks!
1. Weak lipo ... try recording on external 5V power to exclude this problem.
2. Class 10 card could also be a problem -> Class 4 Kingston seems to work best.

If it records ok on external power you know it's battery.

If it records ok on another card it's card fault
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Post #3 read. the linked posts. 3224, and 1706
3224 How long does the battery last and how long of a recording can a memory card hold?
1706 My camera stops recording after about 1 min. and then doesn't respond normally to button presses. What might be causing this?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
137 Posts
Maybe, I will order new #16 v2 camera D lens.
But, I want to know can this fisheye effect be minimized, because it looks like that everything is like a circle.
My current v1 camera A lens seems to comparison with v2 lens D that first one like that has zoom, and second one like that video is zoomed out, can you explain me this and tell me why is lens D better, because I don't get it ?
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
I = V/R
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
But, I want to know can this fisheye effect be minimized, because it looks like that everything is like a circle.
My current v1 camera A lens seems to comparison with v2 lens D that first one like that has zoom, and second one like that video is zoomed out, can you explain me this and tell me why is lens D better, because I don't get it ?
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...era-lenses.htm

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...gle-lenses.htm
Tw34k is offline Find More Posts by Tw34k
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddhedd View Post
I am doing the same with my camera ( powering from the BEC). Be sure you check what the actual voltage is. On mr stock Radian ESC, the BEC puts out 5.61 V with Rx on and no load. My ElectriFly Silver Series 25A Brushless ESC, whose nominal BEC is 5V, actually puts out 5.34 V. I measured both with a fairly new and calibrated Fluke meter. So I would worry more.about overvolting the USB charging circuit. I put a 1N4004 into the + line and it dropped the voltage from 5.34V to 4.87V. Only 3 flights so far but it seems to be working. I am also not using the video out feature. It may be that the additional load brings the voltage down to where you want it.
Thanx for the heads up. I'll use a diode, if required. Are you deleting the internal battery for operations? My understanding is 5v +/- 5% so 4.75 to 5.25. I have seen an FPVer using a #16 with 5v and no internal battery. Wouldn't this negate the USB charging circuit concern?
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
1 Since Tom Frank said read post 2 and..... about 25 pages back or so, is a USA seller. that has them up.
only 25 pages IF you have not altered the posts/page (10...100) ike
Quote:
2. Since there are two people mentioned in post #2 that is where you will find that lens.

good luck in your search,
t you will probably have to email them to get a quote...
ike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
The fisheye effect is inherent and unavoidable in these inexpensive, simple, wide angle lenses. It cannot be reduced except by post-processing with a capable editor, and even then there are still artifacts. Also, wide angle lenses make everything look smaller than a lens with a narrower angle of view, and it's usually also harder to get good sharp focus across the entire field of view because the focal "plane" of the lens is not a flat plane at all, it's curved, so the image that actually projects on the flat CMOS array cannot be in perfect focus at the center and edges at the same time. But for some uses, like FPV flying where you need to see what is off to the sides better, the D lens is a better solution in spite of it's drawbacks. Maybe whoever said the D lens is "better" might have been thinking of FPV use, or some other use where the wider angle brings into view objects to the side that would otherwise not be seen in the video frame.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,706 Posts
Ok I read posts 1 through 6 and my question isn't covered. Here it is ... how does this camera compare with the #16 camera? I know this thread is all about the #16 camera but there is soooooo much info here that I'd just like a simple honest opinion as to which is better and why?

Thanks!

Colin

I can't expect an unbiased response but I'll take my chances!
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
only 25 pages IF you have not altered the posts/page (10...100) iket you will probably have to email them to get a quote...
ike
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320980528019...1497.l2649Like said its out there good luck in your search
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins View Post
Ok I read posts 1 through 6 and my question isn't covered. Here it is ... how does this camera compare with the #16 camera? I know this thread is all about the #16 camera but there is soooooo much info here that I'd just like a simple honest opinion as to which is better and why?

Thanks!

Colin

I can't expect an unbiased response but I'll take my chances!
save your dough, and go for the KC 808 16 ver 2 lens D.

HK is cool but they do not make the RD32 enjoy

in the thread will be some talk about this cam, and it is not good. they like to keep to the KC808,

Emphabee will correct me its a good 250 plus pages back or so