Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heribert808 View Post
Hallo ISOPROP

the GUI is excellent,

but only for information

“The configuration tool needs no installation whatsoever. Just unzip it to your favorite location, even the camera's SD card if you feel so inclined.”

the execution of GUI from SD in 808 is not error free.

Regards
heribert
I don't have a camera at hand to test until next week, but maybe you could edit the Nr16Setup.cfg file which will be created in the same folder as the GUI. Change SafelyRemoveDevice=1 to SafelyRemoveDevice=0.

Sorry, I'm in a big rush, wife is calling....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
Excuse me, can I put D lens on my 808 #16 v1 camera?
Does it always have that fisheye effect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Why Yes, you can, here is that video demo'ing again enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuvVs80SnIc

But If I recall correctly, (IIRC) don't you need to modify the case, or buy a replacement case, because it's bigger than the standard lense?

Maybe you should have mentioned that too Fishy!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:48 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddhedd View Post
I am doing the same with my camera ( powering from the BEC). Be sure you check what the actual voltage is. On mr stock Radian ESC, the BEC puts out 5.61 V with Rx on and no load. My ElectriFly Silver Series 25A Brushless ESC, whose nominal BEC is 5V, actually puts out 5.34 V. I measured both with a fairly new and calibrated Fluke meter. So I would worry more.about overvolting the USB charging circuit. I put a 1N4004 into the + line and it dropped the voltage from 5.34V to 4.87V. Only 3 flights so far but it seems to be working. I am also not using the video out feature. It may be that the additional load brings the voltage down to where you want it.
Are you testing the BEC voltage while exercising all your servos. If not, you should, since you need to know how that affects the voltage under FULL possible load. While you may not fly that way most of the time, you never know when you might for a brief period, and it only takes a short brownout of the RX (or camera with FPV) to be the kiss of death.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Are you testing the BEC voltage while exercising all your servos. If not, you should, since you need to know how that affects the voltage under FULL possible load. While you may not fly that way most of the time, you never know when you might for a brief period, and it only takes a short brownout of the RX (or camera with FPV) to be the kiss of death.
That is a VERY good point, and one I had not considered. I'm out of town this weekend, but will check that as soon as I get home. Many thanks!
leddhedd is offline Find More Posts by leddhedd
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan View Post
Okay, messing with settings, I had a whiteout on my camera. Indoors under tungsten light was fine but when I stepped out into daylight it went white with just a few blue coloured bits of the scene showing. The settings were:

Exposure: Light
White Bal: Auto
Contrast: Lower
Saturation: Higher
Colour Options: Cooler

Latest FW and SW but recording in AVI format

If other settings needed, I have them but try duplicating with these first. After reverting to my normal settings, camera is fine. Maybe this combination causes problems?

Paul.
Well, yes, of course these settings can do that. We've already found that the exposure toggle settings are too large, especially on the "light" side which over-exposes too much. And going from indoor lighting to bright outdoor lighting is also a major change by itself. This is why these different settings are needed to compensate for vastly different lighting conditions. I expect there will be some adjustments to the settings in the not too distant future when teh developer has time to work on them.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
But If I recall correctly, (IIRC) don't you need to modify the case, or buy a replacement case, because it's bigger than the standard lense?

Maybe you should have mentioned that too Fishy!
Common sense lens D and case lol
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0wnl0rd View Post
It looks to me as if under certain circumstances (type of USB power source plus cable or whatever) the external source is not properly identified and the cam has a mixture state at it's inernal battery shutdown that causes the SD card to get bricked.
If more people are using external charger, I think (until some firmware will solve the problem) to know some SD Card brands which never had problems with this.
So I am waiting for some feedback from experienced users with USB charging during recording and never-bricked-card.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 27, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
If more people is using external charger, I think (until some firmware will solve the problem) to know some SD Card brands which never had problems with this.
So I am waiting for some feedback from experienced users with USB charging during recording and never-bricked-card.
Plus 1 on that.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I don't have a camera at hand to test until next week, but maybe you could edit the Nr16Setup.cfg file which will be created in the same folder as the GUI. Change SafelyRemoveDevice=1 to SafelyRemoveDevice=0.

Sorry, I'm in a big rush, wife is calling....

Yes as I sad, GUI is excellent. You are right, changing SafelyRemoveDevice=1 to SafelyRemoveDevice=0 fixes the problem. But than you must disconnect the 808 #16 from usb by hand
that's ok.

Regards
heribert
heribert808 is offline Find More Posts by heribert808
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
Very cool firmware v0.49. I made a timelines with it and I can upload it tomorrow. But I wonder how to reset the picture counter? In the old firmware it begin with number 1. Now it counts straight forward. How can I reset the counter?
Ultrazauberer is offline Find More Posts by Ultrazauberer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:34 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Try to reformat the card.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
I already tried it but the counter still stands on the old position.
Ultrazauberer is offline Find More Posts by Ultrazauberer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
If more people is using external charger, I think (until some firmware will solve the problem) to know some SD Card brands which never had problems with this.
It was also mentioned about the use of regular USB data cables possibly being part of the problem, as opposed to the two-wire external power cables (with standard USB plugs) that come with the camera specifically for external power use. People are using a wide gamut of external USB power supplies with who knows what kind of cables with the cameras. I have bricked one of two identical cards (Sandisk 8GB CL6), but not the other, and I don't know what I was doing when it happened. I've used external power from both the PC with both data and power only cables, and a home-made 4-cell AAA battery pack with a dedicated two wire mini-USB plug for the camera. So until we know what the root cause is, knowing which cards haven't been bricked doesn't tell me anything definitive.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazauberer View Post
I already tried it but the counter still stands on the old position.
Did you try unplugging the battery from the camera, and waiting a minute or two before reconnecting it?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
The gap between videoclips (5 minutes, loop mode) is 5 seconds?