Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,848 Posts
Here are the screen shots of the settings.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hallo ISOPROP

the GUI is excellent,

but only for information

“The configuration tool needs no installation whatsoever. Just unzip it to your favorite location, even the camera's SD card if you feel so inclined.”

the execution of GUI from SD in 808 is not error free.

Regards
heribert
heribert808 is offline Find More Posts by heribert808
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Jun 2012
134 Posts
Excuse me, can I put D lens on my 808 #16 v1 camera?
Does it always have that fisheye effect?
stevohaker is offline Find More Posts by stevohaker
Last edited by stevohaker; Oct 27, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevohaker View Post
Excuse me, can I put D lens on my 808 #16 v1 camera?
Why Yes, you can, here is that video demo'ing again enjoy

KeyChain cam 808 lens D change out (3 min 27 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
96 Posts
Time-Laps

hello

my Test vidéo for the Time Laps 5 Secondes

808#16 V1 lens 120° "D"

808#16 V1 lens 120° "D" (0 min 12 sec)

@+++
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I guess the battery could be getting tired,it is after all, the original battery for the camera which was purchased Dec.2011.

...........Pressing the shutter button real quick while recording ended up stopping the recording and not saving it.(no kidding ) !

Happy to have figured that out.
Ridgewalker a user friendly issue great glad you found out. a better mousetrap to build,

No pun intended happy it wasresolved.

A we know Air is cold above, keep that in mind, while it is warm below. Also when landing you may get that turn off to LOL
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heribert808 View Post
Hallo ISOPROP

the GUI is excellent,

but only for information

“The configuration tool needs no installation whatsoever. Just unzip it to your favorite location, even the camera's SD card if you feel so inclined.”

the execution of GUI from SD in 808 is not error free.

Regards
heribert
Did you copy ALL the files in the archive to the card? ALL need to be in the same folder for the GUI to function properly. If you did that and had other problems... what were they?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Here are the screen shots of the settings.
Thanks. I tried these settings with both a V1 and a V2 camera running v0.49 MOV FW with the same results. Any momentary press of the power button while the camera is recording just recorded a simultaneous frame grab picture of the recording, just like it's supposed to. The cameras did not shut down until I held down the power button for about 2 secs., which overrides whatever the camera is doing and turns it off with 3 blinks of the red LED, as it is designed to do. The cameras then could be started up normally again.

So, I was not able to duplicate your results. Whatever is going on with your camera seems to be specific to it. If you have another #16 camera, can you duplicate your results with it? I'd at least try a fresh download of the v0.49 FW and a re-install on your problem camera to see if that resolves the problem.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Did you copy ALL the files in the archive to the card? ALL need to be in the same folder for the GUI to function properly. If you did that and had other problems... what were they?
The problem is, that GUI disconnects the 808 #16 from the usb (via software) (that is new).
I am using windows xp which does not like that. My desktop tolerates it but my Netbook not(system loop). The older GUI did not disconnect the 808 #16 from the usb, so I could execute the GUI from 808 #16, which is very useful. All what I need is the 808 #16 with GUI on SD and any PC

regards
heribert
heribert808 is offline Find More Posts by heribert808
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
What it is all about. Sorry Ridgewalker you best get that trobul resolved fast.

Night into Day enjoy shot with some cameras and i got a picture perfect moment ha ha ha no pun intended

2012 10 27 (4 min 48 sec)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Some remarks about bricking cards

Here are my perceptions about the card bricking issue.
I've bricked 3 cards so far (2 SANDISK, 1 TRANSCEND, 16 GB Type 4 and 2 x 32 GB Card 4). One out of the three was recoverable via the internal formatting utility of the cam, the other two returned to sender...

It all happended when i added an external power source to USB to the (fully charged) cam. The card shut down at more or less 45 min (the time for a standalone cam without any additional power source). Afterwards the (in)famous "Your card is write-protected" issue came up.

After those experiences I've tried one last thing: I severed the USB data lines (2, 3) at the USB cable to make sure that no false "data" twiddled with the cam and it's attempts to figure out whether it has a power source or a PC attached to it. After 6 hours of recording I finished the experiment by shutting off the cam myself. No probs, no card bricked, video properly recorded.

I will try later tonight a complete power cycle of the batteries to see whether the bug comes up again (willing to sacrfice another u-SD-card...).

It looks to me as if under certain circumstances (type of USB power source plus cable or whatever) the external source is not properly identified and the cam has a mixture state at it's inernal battery shutdown that causes the SD card to get bricked.

Maybe this is of help to identify the underlying issue.

And btw: my firmware is v.49avi.
d0wnl0rd is offline Find More Posts by d0wnl0rd
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heribert808 View Post
The problem is, that GUI disconnects the 808 #16 from the usb (via software) (that is new).
I am using windows xp which does not like that. My desktop tolerates it but my Netbook not(system loop). The older GUI did not disconnect the 808 #16 from the usb, so I could execute the GUI from 808 #16, which is very useful. All what I need is the 808 #16 with GUI on SD and any PC

regards
heribert
Thanks for the details... I'm sure Isoprop will respond to this when he reads it.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
I just ordered an 808 #16v2 with 120 degree lens for FPV applications. I have read the FAQs and a lot of posts. I did not see this question answered. I intend to power my camera off my receiver 5v (output of ESC BEC). I have read a lot of posts about the camera shutting down if the battery gets low or goes bad. If the camera is configured with the video out "on" and the battery goes bad or gets weak, will I lose video out even with a good 5v external source conected? My big concern is going blind while FPVing. Thanx for all your work on this thread and the tools. Best.
I am doing the same with my camera ( powering from the BEC). Be sure you check what the actual voltage is. On mr stock Radian ESC, the BEC puts out 5.61 V with Rx on and no load. My ElectriFly Silver Series 25A Brushless ESC, whose nominal BEC is 5V, actually puts out 5.34 V. I measured both with a fairly new and calibrated Fluke meter. So I would worry more.about overvolting the USB charging circuit. I put a 1N4004 into the + line and it dropped the voltage from 5.34V to 4.87V. Only 3 flights so far but it seems to be working. I am also not using the video out feature. It may be that the additional load brings the voltage down to where you want it.
leddhedd is offline Find More Posts by leddhedd
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Whiteout

Okay, messing with settings, I had a whiteout on my camera. Indoors under tungsten light was fine but when I stepped out into daylight it went white with just a few blue coloured bits of the scene showing. The settings were:

Exposure: Light
White Bal: Auto
Contrast: Lower
Saturation: Higher
Colour Options: Cooler

Latest FW and SW but recording in AVI format

If other settings needed, I have them but try duplicating with these first. After reverting to my normal settings, camera is fine. Maybe this combination causes problems?

Paul.
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Wow, with all the talk of the external power packs. I hope these are like not the one sold from the seller? I yet to have that issue, and cross my fingers not to run it down hope you can get this resolved. Mine is the Vaas and never saying it is the best