Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
I tried the FAQ
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3867

But it did not help, can a Micro SD card become "bricked" ?

I will try and format in the 808
Could be a problem with some Sandisk cards, which switch into read-only mode, and can't be fixed. See post 1706.
Ciao
Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:57 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post
Could be a problem with some Sandisk cards, which switch into read-only mode, and can't be fixed. See post 1706.
Ciao
Falconerider
Not that, i tried formating it in my Mac, does not work.
Formating with 5 different programs on Win 7, does not work

Nothing works

I belive the card is bricked
If i delete or add anything to the card, then remove it from computer, and put it back again, its the same it was before....GRRR

I belive its bricked
Iv emailed the ebay seller ,and i guess i have to wait and see if they refund me

Any other ides how to make it work again ?
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Tom you said that developer is watching this thread.

I dream about one feature, that would make 808 camera even better.

It's very simple but it would probably require some hardware switch ?

1. +5V connected -> camera turns itself ON + autorecord ON
2. +5V disconnected -> camera end recording seamlessly and turn it's self OFF.

Two main reasons why i would want such a features:

- KISS when flying FPV, auto record is a great feature but with auto power it would be even better.

- Camera would be then 100% complete as recorder for cars and motorbikes.

There is quite a big hype about 808 #16 D videos quality in forums that dispute about car AV records.

On one of the national forums i already saw hardware mods to achieve +5V power on, i will try to dig again for pics.

It's probably not possible on current hardware, maybe consider such feature in 808 #16 V3 ?
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Lets hope tha ad card was just a fluke and as we'll hearing a gopro3 and issues at hand.

What was the time you got. On the 32 gb? With recording
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:

Nothing works

If i delete or add anything to the card, then remove it from computer, and put it back again, its the same it was before....GRRR

I belive its bricked
Iv emailed the ebay seller ,and i guess i have to wait and see if they refund me

What brand, capacity, and class, is your card?

Are you saying you've asked for a refund from the ebay seller of the card?
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:33 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
...Nothing works...
I believe the card is bricked
Try to not record in the future if your external charger will cut the power or until it will become empty. When recording, if enough mAh the camera will use the power from the external source, but when that source is no more available the camera will record from the battery and when the battery will become empty is possible to brick the card.
I bricked few cards when using in the car, the car computer cut the power from the charger (after about 30 minutes), the camera still records until the battery become empty and then the problem appear.

I think when using only the battery with no external power, when the battery will go empty there will be no problems with the card and recordings, but only when using external 5V power.

Try to format your card with some Android phone. If the card will work on that device and no other devices, just use it in the Android device and buy another for the 808 if you can't replace it.

Quote:
On one of the national forums i already saw hardware mods to achieve +5V power on, i will try to dig again for pics.
V1 and V2 need some electronic component from the factory to work as you want. Is not possible only with firmware or some wires inside the camera.
On this thread is a mod made by a polish user called wszim which made the hack using some attiny45.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:35 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
My #16 cam in 2 weeks ago, still have not had time to test it

How do you set the time on this one?

Thanks,

FCA
Start by reading the first few posts here. They are full of FAQs with links to solutions and a whole lot more. Get the GUI utility to set ALL the many parameters, not just the date/time, all at the click of a mouse button.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,524 Posts
Quote:

Nothing works

I belive its bricked

Yes, like Mtz has posted, you have a bricked card. Is it by any means a Sandisk? These cards are known to have a problem, also with other devices, and will be replaced free of charge by Sandisk.

I have bricked 5 cards already. I believe it only happens when you use external power supply and the power is "cut" unexpectedly. Is this how you used your camera?

If you search the thread for "write protect" you will find quite a few posts. Someone reportedly had success with the linux tool GParted. I didn't.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Dont have a Android phone or deivce, only have Iphone and Ipad and such.
Might be able to borrow one and try and format it.

I belive its bricked, everytime i try and remove the items, and remove the card after that, and put in the disk again, they appear again.

Remove partition, and after a few seconds, the memory card have its files back again.

Nothing works at all, and i have tried it all (beside android format)

Its a OEM 16gb class 10 card, from ebay

So to sum it up

The external power i bought, i cannot charge both the external battery and my 808 full.
Then use them together, till they run out of power , then it will brick my card ?

W.T.F, then why did i buy the external power ?
That sucks...wish somone would told me this before
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,524 Posts
Quote:
Dont have a Android phone or deivce, only have Iphone and Ipad and such.
Might be able to borrow one and try and format it.

I belive its bricked, everytime i try and remove the items, and remove the card after that, and put in the disk again, they appear again.

Remove partition, and after a few seconds, the memory card have its files back again.

Nothing works at all, and i have tried it all (beside android format)

Its a OEM 16gb class 10 card, from ebay

So to sum it up

The external power i bought, i cannot charge both the external battery and my 808 full.
Then use them together, till they run out of power , then it will brick my card ?

W.T.F, then why did i buy the external power ?
That sucks...wish somone would told me this before
You must not let the external power run out. I use a Just Mobile GumPro and the camera will record more than 10 hours. So it will fill my 32GB card and then the camera will turn off.

You must always guarantee that USB power is 5V +-5%. That is the specification! I know it's not perfect, but the cards have a problem, not the camera
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You must not let the external power run out. I use a Just Mobile GumPro and the camera will record more than 10 hours. So it will fill my 32GB card and then the camera will turn off.

You must always guarantee that USB power is 5V +-5%. That is the specification! I know it's not perfect, but the cards have a problem, not the camera
You say the cards have a problem, so if i get a another card, can the power on both the 808 and the external power supply run out and wont brick the unit ?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,415 Posts
More color comparisons

Compare with those posted here. same conditions, sunny, blue sky, 11am
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Last edited by victapilot; Oct 23, 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added JVC3CCD
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:06 PM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
You say the cards have a problem, so if i get a another card, can the power on both the 808 and the external power supply run out and wont brick the unit ?
I ran power out on the power pack and the cam, to test how long it records. See my post #9892, point 1. I let it run till batteries were empty. No problem with a bricked card. I used a Samsung class 10, 8 GB card, and a Medion (from Germany) class 4, 8 GB.
I don't know why your card is bricked. Try it with some other "non-OEM" card, maybe you have a hidden Sandisk
Ciao
Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post
I ran power out on the power pack and the cam, to test how long it records. See my post #9892, point 1. I let it run till batteries were empty. No problem with a bricked card. I used a Samsung class 10, 8 GB card, and a Medion (from Germany) class 4, 8 GB.
I don't know why your card is bricked. Try it with some other "non-OEM" card, maybe you have a hidden Sandisk
Ciao
Falconerider
What power pack do you have ?
You also have this one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/External-Pow...item256af1009a

Im going to try with my Samsung 16 gb class6 card now.
Full charged 808 and full charged external battery.

See if it also bricks my samsung card....

Thanks

Edit:

Do not buy from
pc_galaxy
This is the card that got bricked
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEAFB:IT

And they dont respond to emails
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
Polska, małopolskie, Nowy Sącz
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post

V1 and V2 need some electronic component from the factory to work as you want. Is not possible only with firmware or some wires inside the camera.
On this thread is a mod made by a polish user called wszim which made the hack using some attiny45.

enjoy,
Mtz
I noticed that version 0.49 has changed the system by turning the camera PowerOn button. In all previous versions of enough 1 second hold PON. In version 0.49 we need the longer hold key. From my testing shows me that more than 2s but less than 4 seconds. Above 4s immediately start photo mode. The reasons for these changes are not properly on version 0.49 running my mod.

auto on/off recording

So I did attiny45 adaptation program that will allow proper operation of version 0.49 and I updated my hack in 808AutoPonRec_DocOut_23102012.zip.
wszim is offline Find More Posts by wszim