SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Video with the newest firmware (exposure set too high).

AXN Clouds Fly - Fall flying (1 min 43 sec)

Still using the fisheye, I did buy the 120, but it is not quite wide enough for me and the rolling shutter is not acceptable.

White balance set to Daylight, colors adjusted a bit in Premiere. Had exposure set too high so the sky is over exposed most of the time.

Is there any way to set the exposure manually? I know when contrast is set to Lower and exposure set to Light (or Lightest) it will not adjust the exposure, but at those settings it is unusable in daylight.
tbob18 is offline Find More Posts by tbob18
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:04 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
I just got back from recording 15 minutes of heli flight with my #16 Late V1 FW 0.49. First time for me to get corrupted video and oddly it wasn't moving or plane/heli/quad/tri mounted - sitting on a bench, filming some flips.
The second video was fine however so I wonder if it might just have been the card which wasn't correctly inserted etc.
Maybe worth mentioning just in case the new card access code still has a bug but I'm thinking that mounting the mem-card before recording important video might just be another pre-flight check I need to carry out.

Anyone else seen corrupted files without any obvious cause? (This was my first in about a year of occasional [every other weekend] usage.)
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
I have a technical question for you. Maybe you can help.
1. # 16 in the camera
There is a problem with these cameras. At a resolution of 1280 * 720. While a web cam picture freezes.
Freezing depends on the location targeted by the camera.
When write  the white ceiling - everything works.
And in places with dark objects - it may freeze.
100% freezes when the camera in a dark room, and forwards it to the open door of the room where the light is on.
100% if it is to bring 10-40 centimeters to the floor or wall.

Freezing disappears only when pointing the camera at a different location.
Work stoppages occur when using the camera in the same mode. Crashes every 30-90 minutes.

At a resolution of 640 * 480 works well.

I think that it freezes due to the lighting.

The same problem occurs in the cams # 11, but it freeze almost immediately. It can not be used at a resolution of 1280 * 720.

CPU and memory are the same in # 11 and # 16

I can almost understand why the camera freezes.
When framing a big dark object (1/3 of the frame), and the other part of the frame is directed to a light place, the camera freezes.
It seems to me that the camera attempts to equalize the brightness and freezes.

You can help solve this problem?

2. may have the firmware in which this camera works with a microphone?

PS Sorry for my english.
lynxchat is offline Find More Posts by lynxchat
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I just got back from recording 15 minutes of heli flight with my #16 Late V1 FW 0.49. First time for me to get corrupted video and oddly it wasn't moving or plane/heli/quad/tri mounted - sitting on a bench, filming some flips.
The second video was fine however so I wonder if it might just have been the card which wasn't correctly inserted etc.
Maybe worth mentioning just in case the new card access code still has a bug but I'm thinking that mounting the mem-card before recording important video might just be another pre-flight check I need to carry out.

Anyone else seen corrupted files without any obvious cause? (This was my first in about a year of occasional [every other weekend] usage.)
In the past, I've had on rare occasions a corrupted file, but it was random with no known cause. No problems reported by others with v0.49 FW. If not already done, format the card using the camera's internal format routine. If it happens again, also see if you can duplicate the issue with a different memory card.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:44 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxchat View Post
1. # 16 in the camera
There is a problem with these cameras. At a resolution of 1280 * 720. While a web cam picture freezes.
Freezing depends on the location targeted by the camera.
When write the white ceiling - everything works.
And in places with dark objects - it may freeze.
100% freezes when the camera in a dark room, and forwards it to the open door of the room where the light is on.
100% if it is to bring 10-40 centimeters to the floor or wall.

Freezing disappears only when pointing the camera at a different location.
Work stoppages occur when using the camera in the same mode. Crashes every 30-90 minutes.

At a resolution of 640 * 480 works well.

I think that it freezes due to the lighting.

The same problem occurs in the cams # 11, but it freeze almost immediately. It can not be used at a resolution of 1280 * 720.

CPU and memory are the same in # 11 and # 16

I can almost understand why the camera freezes.
When framing a big dark object (1/3 of the frame), and the other part of the frame is directed to a light place, the camera freezes.
It seems to me that the camera attempts to equalize the brightness and freezes.

You can help solve this problem?

2. may have the firmware in which this camera works with a microphone?

PS Sorry for my english.
I can't prove it, but I don't think this is a camera issue, but rather one of your PC's resources (e.g. web cam program, video card/memory, USB port speed, etc.) not being able to handle the high data rate. I get the same issue, but it's worse on my older PC with not as much computing power. Some of my webcam programs do not even offer the 1280x720 frame size mode, probably for good reason.

Adding an audio stream to the webcam mode would increase the data rate even more. I don't know is it's practical with the camera hardware, but the developer monitors this thread, so your suggestion will be seen.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
In the past, I've had on rare occasions a corrupted file, but it was random with no known cause. No problems reported by others with v0.49 FW. If not already done, format the card using the camera's internal format routine. If it happens again, also see if you can duplicate the issue with a different memory card.
Yep - that was what I planned to do after transferring the videos. I think the most likely cause is a poor contact since the second video was just fine.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxchat View Post
1. # 16 in the camera
Is it freezing or stuttering?

The webcam appears to output as mjpeg which is a heavy protocol and so if you point towards a lot of detail it will stutter. Pointing towards something dark will slow down the shutter as well and it will stutter.

The easiest way to see complexity stutter is bring it close to the monitor so you start to see the pixel pattern.

Does the freezing happen when pointed at a well lit, normal situation?
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I can't prove it, but I don't think this is a camera issue, but rather one of your PC's resources (e.g. web cam program, video card/memory, USB port speed, etc.) not being able to handle the high data rate. I get the same issue, but it's worse on my older PC with not as much computing power. Some of my webcam programs do not even offer the 1280x720 frame size mode, probably for good reason.

Adding an audio stream to the webcam mode would increase the data rate even more. I don't know is it's practical with the camera hardware, but the developer monitors this thread, so your suggestion will be seen.
I get the same problem, it seems to freeze more often where there is little to no movement.. If i wave my hand in front of the camera it usually starts up again. It also seems to happen more often the longer I have been using it as a webcam - after it gets somewhat warm, this tells me that it could be related to the camera hardware.

I'm pretty sure it is not a computing power issue, it hardly uses any CPU/GPU on my system (q6600@3.2ghz/4870/8gb) it is more likely a camera software/firmware/hardware issue.

If you use something like WebcamViewer you can test at all capable resolutions.
tbob18 is offline Find More Posts by tbob18
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
#16 v2

I 've just had my #16 v2 come, and updated the firmware etc.. no problems apart from the obvious focus problem that everybody has.. can anyone give me a little video on how to this without me breaking anything?
camenthusiast is offline Find More Posts by camenthusiast
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camenthusiast View Post
I 've just had my #16 v2 come, and updated the firmware etc.. no problems apart from the obvious focus problem that everybody has.. can anyone give me a little video on how to this without me breaking anything?
Stay tuned I do my videos if followed an unconventional way. Have a lens on its way
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post

The webcam appears to output as mjpeg which is a heavy protocol and so if you point towards a lot of detail it will stutter. Pointing towards something dark will slow down the shutter as well and it will stutter.

The easiest way to see complexity stutter is bring it close to the monitor so you start to see the pixel pattern.

The reason is not exactly hang computer resources. I tried on a very powerful computers.

Interesting fact: Debian on a computer and the router TP-703N (and others) completely freezes after 30-90 minutes. UVC driver
on a computer running Windows XP no freezes (or so I was lucky)

First, stuttering, if left for a long time, then after 10 seconds of freezing. We have to turn off the power and connect again, it's the only way.

streams the cameras
the camera 640x480 v0.35 # 16 - 7-13 Mbit / s
1280x720 - 13-33 - and more

the camera v0.49 # 16 from 9.5 to 20 Mbit / s average 15 Mbit / s
maximum was 20.5

the camera 640x480 # 11 - 8-16.5 Mbit / s
1280x720 - 22-29 - and more
(this camera freezes almost immediately)

Camera # 11 and # 16 have the same processor and memory. The reason lies precisely in the firmware.

It may be the case in a data stream through the usb, but 100% I'm not so sure, especially stuttering under different conditions.
When the room included two fluorescent lamps of 15 watts - stuttering.
When included 2 light bulbs of 100 watts - works.
But it is when there is no light at all works too.
Hence the reason for freezing when dealing with highly different light objects.
Can coding can flow, but when hangs - does not increase the size of the stream, and falls to 0.

But on Linux 100% completely freezes after 30-90 minutes. this I can not explain it at all.

Or maybe it is technically possible to obtain flow in H264?? let the less than 25 frames.

Another interesting fact. the camera can be 1,2,3,4 frames per second or maximum. The camera can not give 5 or 10 or 15 frames per second.

If you have old firmware 0.15 or higher - please lay, where to download or write.
I'll try as he works with them.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Got my battery from eletoponline365 now
And a tripod from another seller on ebay.

Going to see how long a full charged 808 #16 v2 Lens D + battery (1200mAH) can record on a 16gb class 10 card

Will post results later / tomorrow

Thanks
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
598 Posts
#16 v2, 0.49 firmware, White Balance - Fluorescent, Saturation - High, Color Options - Warmer:

Vzlet z polní cesty - 20.10.2012 15:36 (14 min 16 sec)
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post

firmware 0.36 work without stuttering.
it freezing after 30-90 min working. (I make auto power reset)

firmware 0.49 stuttering.

Please send me to mailbox. 0.36 firmware!
561424 (at site) mail.ru

or wrote how i can reed firmware from others cameras.

Please Help!!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Stay tuned I do my videos if followed an unconventional way. Have a lens on its way
I won't get the screwdriver out just yetr then
camenthusiast is offline Find More Posts by camenthusiast