HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I am sure you will get much more feedback about your warm... settings if you will make the same record, but cut from the sentence above the word "dog."

Ontopic: try to make the settings in the middle of the day. Now the night is closer and your next settings will differ very much because of low light

enjoy,
Mtz
Haha, dont get any funny ides , she is for you guys
Will try and make some more 808 vs Iphone tomorrow in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Your English is fine (better than some who post here with English as their first langauge!).

I understand your desired end result... same as mine, but we may see colors differently. I hope one of the settings will get you closer, but it will vary when the illumination changes between bright sun and shadows or overcast. That's just something we have to accept with the current camera hardware.
True, we see colors differently, sometimes i forget that, haha

I belive for now, im happy with the settings, thanks for the tips and a great forum.
Love this little camera
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
But I still use Vdub every once in a while, though I'm still running v1.9.11, the last formal non-beta release.
No problems here with 1.9.11 and the quicktime plugin. I prefer VirtualDub 1.10.x because of its "External encoders" feature, so I can use ffmpeg/neroaac and MP4Box as muxer to create mp4 videos that can be played through flowplayer on a (private) homepage.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
What kind of accessories do you have for your 808 #16 ?
Post a picture ?

I have on the way:

Extra Battery
Window Mount

Thanks
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
This is a feature that was implemented because the vast majority of people wanted it! It's a lifesaver, I can promise you. There's nothing worse than taking the camera out of your pocket only to find that the battery is flat because it was videoing your pocket.

The red LED is an indication that you have pressed the button, it does not tell you that the camera is ready to use. You have to wait until the yellow LED is on. Yes, the manual needs to be updated. I will update the detailed manual when I have the time. The developer will also update his manual, also when he has the time.

I never complained about how the power-on used to function, but I am very pleased how it functions now. In the past, I too have had black videos and a flat battery....
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.
SeCuRiT is offline Find More Posts by SeCuRiT
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Powering camera from Rx servo port

My #16 just arrived with what appears to be a mini USB to servo- style plug. I've got an ESC for my Radian with a 2A switching BEC, so I should have plenty of juice for the Rx, servos and camera. But, the BEC output is 5.5V. I've seen a couple of posts from folks who've powered their cameras off the Rx with success, but also a couple of posts suggesting a Zener diode is needed to drop the voltage. Which is correct?

many Thanks
leddhedd is offline Find More Posts by leddhedd
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I believe that is actually video out and not for powering the cam, but I could be wrong.
skitchen8 is online now Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:43 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddhedd View Post
My #16 just arrived with what appears to be a mini USB to servo- style plug. I've got an ESC for my Radian with a 2A switching BEC, so I should have plenty of juice for the Rx, servos and camera. But, the BEC output is 5.5V. I've seen a couple of posts from folks who've powered their cameras off the Rx with success, but also a couple of posts suggesting a Zener diode is needed to drop the voltage. Which is correct?

many Thanks
I'd use the diode. The 5.5V is too high above the nominal 5V spec of the USB port. The voltage may sag a bit on it's own under load, by why risk stressing the camera hardware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I believe that is actually video out and not for powering the cam, but I could be wrong.
Well, you're half right (assuming it's the standard camera cable). There are actually two standard male servo plugs on mini-USB cable, one for video out and the other for 5V USB power in.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Thank you for correcting me Tom
skitchen8 is online now Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddhedd View Post

many Thanks
I'm thinking that 2a is minimal for a Radian. If you overload it, the voltage will drop below nominal, maybe brown out the radio, better be sure!!
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Thanks for ll the helpful replies. I will use the diode and play it safe. Just to clarify, it's a 30A ESC with a 2A BEC. the stock Radian BEC is 700 mA, which just didn't seem like enough for the Rx, servos and the additional 300 to 400 mA for the camera. On a side note, I just wanted to say how helpful it is for news (like me) to have access to the kind of knowledgeable support found in these forums
leddhedd is offline Find More Posts by leddhedd
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:20 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,091 Posts
Post #10001! Wow.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:35 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Post #10001! Wow.
At least you could have added fireworks - as you didnt, I will
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Hi,
I have ordered a new 808 #16 V2 with lens D and 8 Gb Kingston memory card today from Webbex.ecrater.co.uk.
I was wondering if the lens D would be suitable to use in a micro quad size 250 for line of sight only?
Any suggestion or advice please?
Thanks,
AeroR
AeroR is offline Find More Posts by AeroR
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Here just the way I like flying enjoy a 1 sec time lapse as i show a short movie.

Hobbyzone Champ New #16 lens B Key cam time lapse (1 min 21 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,612 Posts
New v3 Boot Loader Released

After this new boot loader is installed and running, any new firmware .BIN file (or new bootloader .BIN file) will be automatically deleted from the flash card in the camera after the installation is complete, eliminating the need for the user to do this manually in order for the memory card to be use normally in the camera. The file and instructions are now available for download on the Post #4 download page.

It's optional, but recommended to simplify the FW updating process. It is
being installed as standard for new cameras.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank