HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
And of course you will need power also for the transmitter.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:45 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Guys, my #16 went beserk.

Suddenly it dropped all the focus on the left side

I've noticed that hot-glue holding lens has released

Is there anything i can do to correct that ?

Armattan 339 maiden. (0 min 0 sec)
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:20 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
We should make a tutorial / test with different tests, so new users with their new bought 808 could test them out and see if they work 100% as they should.
Example:

1) See if they focus right by doing this and that
2) See so the camera display colors as it should and so on

Is that possible to put together such a test?

Thanks guys
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:08 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post
Works fine, thank you!
It's very easy to convert .mov to .avi, so that VirtualDub is able to process it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Yes, but it never did work with MOV files on my W7 (64x) Windows PC. Maybe they've got it working now? The program needs to be updated to do this natively, as well as output to more common formats than just .AVI
I have done a quick test on a fresh installed XP and found that you also need to install a x264 codec. No problem with VirtualDub 1.10.3, fcchandler's QuickTime plugin and x264vfw, also ffdshow works fine. I am using this on my W7 x64 for months without problems in 32 and 64 bit versions. The plugin archive contains a 32 and a 64 bit version of the plugin. Copy it to the plugins32 folder of VirtualDub (plugins64 if you are using the 64 bit version).

Links: VirtualDub, QuickTime plugin, x264vfw
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
We should make a tutorial / test with different tests, so new users with their new bought 808 could test them out and see if they work 100% as they should.
Example:

Thanks guys
The camera should normally work perfectly right out-of-the-box. As with any electronic gadget, there are always exceptions. It's usually people with these exceptions that come looking for help. We rarely hear from the thousands of users who have no problems.

The color settings are still BETA and will most likely be changed so I would think it's too early to make any recommendations for the time being. The settings will always be a personal preference anyway. New users should always start off with the default settings and only when they become accustomed to how the camera works should they play around with the advance settings.

For a newcomer it's also very difficult to evaluate if the focus is right or not. Some people don't understand how these cameras work and can't understand why a close-up is not in focus or a night scene is "grainy". And then there are the 3 different lenses....

I don't know if you can call it a test, but the first thing should be to look at the lens and see if it's properly centered in the hole. Not everyone is confident in opening the camera to seat the lens correctly. The new cases are better designed for a correct seating than the old designs.

I understand your idea, but I haven't the foggiest how such a tutorial/test should be written. If anyone would write such a tutorial or test, it won't be me
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Example:

Thanks guys
Sure that can be done, and kinda already Posted in the top five posts. it is also with the seller , giving directions to visit the Forum. That was type of an agreement they have?

It would not be called a test, it be called. a check list.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Guys, my #16 went beserk.

Suddenly it dropped all the focus on the left side

I've noticed that hot-glue holding lens has released

Is there anything i can do to correct that ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQCFCXzX20
"IF" the lens and glue as mentioned gave way? you have the camera in focus, and shown in the clip?

I mark with whiteout a easy to remove marker, and fine point, if they have. you will torqe mark on the lens barrel, and Module/housing (if that is the word for the threaded part). a horizontal line and vertical line. So when you adjust you can see

A) you do not go to far in/out

B) and over/under turn

the you can gently back out the lens. and reinsert to uncock it.

If it is a Ver one you have to take video, as well stills and view each tim you adjust.

If it is version 2, plug into the tube and view as you adjust, but still take a video and still from the cam, and not the tv portion as the video is cropped and overlayed.

Be careful not to adjust in large turns, because

A) you can damage the sensor

B) strip the threads if cross threaded. and not knowing it if one just adjusts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

see below post. of Dogdude:

His vid frame, shows not a good sign either.

If both think this is a problem that you cannot correct, would it be best to let the sellers know? if all else fails. only like and said when you buy a plane, once you fly it any crashs not responsable. so for those that may have an issue when new out of the box, you need to let not just the site know, feedback directly is very important. If you ask me, thank you

keyword today "IF"
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 18, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,354 Posts
Focus problem

Hi guys
A friend of mine bough an identical camera (#16 V2 D lens) but his seems to be blurred around the edges

We have tried to focus it the best we can but even when getting a sharp centre of image anything away from the centre is very blurry, any ideas ?

Image on the left is from my camera, the right is from his

Notice that the number plate is sharp in both but the grey car in front is blurred on the right picture and lookingh to the left of centre you can see that the stone wall is in focus on the left but out of focus on the right
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
Hi guys
Notice that the number plate is sharp in both but the grey car in front is blurred on the right picture and lookingh to the left of centre you can see that the stone wall is in focus on the left but out of focus on the right
Clearly, the lens is tilted. You should try to get it in the correct thread.
ko2610 is offline Find More Posts by ko2610
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
"I

If it is version 2, plug into the tube and view as you adjust, but still take a video and still from the cam, and not the tv portion as the video is cropped and overlayed.
Fishy, i appreciate your willingess to help, but from your post "Ich verstehe nur noch Bahnhof”.

I can confirm the video out and webcam is useless for lens adjusting.

Maybe you could make a video about it ? They are great help.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Last edited by shafter; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Fishy, i appreciate your willingess to help, but from your post "Ich verstehe nur noch Bahnhof”.

By that time I have the issue at hand, it be fixed fixed. Your request , marked it on the list

Understand ....

Nah reply with a vid I respond back
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 18, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:41 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:

Useless? Really?

The FAQ in Post #3, links to full instructions from Tom.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
Useless? Really?

Yep that is one way Guess that is your way of being polite

Keeping to the topic at hand
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,468 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
Useless? Really?

I think he meant to say he's already tried focusing the lens but it didn't work. I may be wrong. But I have to agree that I also didn't understand one word of Fishy's gibberish, once again....

There could be moisture on the inside of the lens or the outer lens coating could be scratched or dirty. I would first very carefully clean the lens front with a very soft tissue dipped in lens cleaning fluid. But don't rub hard. The surface can easily be damaged. If possible, do this upside down to prevent fluid entering the lens.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
And try to make a macro photo to see if something wrong on the lens.
Like in the attached example.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:29 AM.