HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
Going to wipe the cam and do a 60s time lapse connected to a PC so it will only be limited to the size of the card...going to be pretty silly long w a 32GB card. That will be my last test, and its just for fun.
See you next year

I expect the camera will choke before the card is full. I wonder if the numbering scheme will work correctly, and remember there's only place for 65534 files.

Your results would be interesting, but....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
See you next year

45 days if your math and mine are both correct.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:24 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I gotten the moisture out with general heat from a toaster oven, not inside, If I can find that video, I shall post it up or redo it?
Thanks, great videos, but I'll pass on that and just buy a couple of new ones. They are so cheap it's not worth any hassle.

I did find that medium size Easter eggs make decent protective cases (and you look like a real man with those in your front jeans pocket )

I'll build a waterproof case with the screw top from a large mouth orange juice bottle. I will put a clear window in the lid, and use silicone to attach the pointed end of an Easter egg on the back = low drag LOL
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
43 Posts
Been looking around this site but cant find anything on WIFI and the #16...Can someone point me in the direction of any info on wether or not the new 808 #16 v2 can do wifi? I want to set it up in my yard as a wildlife cam when it isnt flying but dont wanna run an extension cord out there...or leave my laptop out there all day...lol
Unless anyone knows of an inexpensive, BATTERY run wifi camera as good as the #16... Im open to suggestions...thanks!
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Thanks, great videos, but I'll pass on that and just buy a couple of new ones. They are so cheap it's not worth any hassle.

I did find that medium size Easter eggs make decent protective cases (and you look like a real man with those in your front jeans pocket )

I'll build a waterproof case with the screw top from a large mouth orange juice bottle. I will put a clear window in the lid, and use silicone to attach the pointed end of an Easter egg on the back = low drag LOL
All sounds great.

maybe the guys here would want the old one's the y do not like to see things junked.

The video was of the metal lenses, so quite understandable about these.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
When im filming in my apartment , black things appear as blue/white.
Should i change something ?

Whats the best "overall" settings in all weather and conditions ?

I have the following settings, see my picture
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
VirtualDub: Load the video. In the menu select Video->Frame Rate. Decimate by: 6, Change frame rate to: 180. This is like taking 5 pictures a second (30/6) or one picture every 0,2 seconds. The video is saved with 30fps (180/6)
Works fine, thank you!
It's very easy to convert .mov to .avi, so that VirtualDub is able to process it.
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacker View Post
Been looking around this site but cant find anything on WIFI and the #16...Can someone point me in the direction of any info on wether or not the new 808 #16 v2 can do wifi? I want to set it up in my yard as a wildlife cam when it isnt flying but dont wanna run an extension cord out there...or leave my laptop out there all day...lol
Unless anyone knows of an inexpensive, BATTERY run wifi camera as good as the #16... Im open to suggestions...thanks!
No, it does not support WiFi... the only option for that would be a composit to wifi transmitter (Many conversion kits exists for CCTV system upgrades) you would need power anyways to the camera unless you are going to go change the battery every 30-45 min...
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What does the FAA think of FPV?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
tom can you link us to one of the sellers that offers these? thanks.
Please read (or re-read) the first several posts. Sellers are already linked there in post #2, and the post says they also sell spare parts like batteries and lens modules.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
When im filming in my apartment , black things appear as blue/white.
Should i change something ?

Whats the best "overall" settings in all weather and conditions ?

I have the following settings, see my picture
The camera is not a stellar performer indoors, but black would not normally appear as blue/white A sample image would help understand what you are seeing.

The default settings, which you have per your picture, ARE the best, overall, SINGLE configuration for all conditions. There is no one setting that can give the best results in a wide variety of scenes with widely varied lighting conditions, hence all the Advanced Image user-toggles to tweak the variables.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:53 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
No, it does not support WiFi... the only option for that would be a composit to wifi transmitter (Many conversion kits exists for CCTV system upgrades) you would need power anyways to the camera unless you are going to go change the battery every 30-45 min...
How about using the motion detection option the camera has to start a recording when there is movement in the lens FOV? You'll need an external battery pack, though, if the camera needs to be in the mode for very long.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The camera is not a stellar performer indoors, but black would not normally appear as blue/white A sample image would help understand what you are seeing.

The default settings, which you have per your picture, ARE the best, overall, SINGLE configuration for all conditions. There is no one setting that can give the best results in a wide variety of scenes with widely varied lighting conditions, hence all the Advanced Image user-toggles to tweak the variables.
Will post pics / videos tomorrow with both 808 and my iPhone or d3100
Thanks Tom
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
How about using the motion detection option the camera has to start a recording when there is movement in the lens FOV? You'll need an external battery pack, though, if the camera needs to be in the mode for very long.
I think he was wanting live feed as well...
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What does the FAA think of FPV?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Thanks!!
i figured that, i didnt know how to get my thoughts out onscreen...lol for cam power, the guy who sells them on ebay also sells a portable battery charger type devise you can plug into for extended use. anyone have a link to a transmitter / reciever device?
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacker View Post
Thanks!!
i figured that, i didnt know how to get my thoughts out onscreen...lol for cam power, the guy who sells them on ebay also sells a portable battery charger type devise you can plug into for extended use. anyone have a link to a transmitter / reciever device?
You should go over to the FPV Forum here. There's plenty of hardware for sending the video out to a remote display, but it is off topic for discussion here. Also, the video-out quality is only composite video... far inferior to the recorded HD video.