SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
from what I get from reading his post clearly is that "fishycomics" is stateing it doable...as in "HE" has done it... and that he passed on the info he came up with to " the people in charge" for conformation/ further testing...... maybe you wernt included...lol Just kidding
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
but to be fair... It wasn't a clear read . I did read between the line a little...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
but to be fair... It wasn't a clear read . I did read between the line a little...
I'm sure he will be posting a video of how he did it shortly. And it will clear it up for you...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
from what I get from reading his post clearly is that "fishycomics" is stateing it doable...as in "HE" has done it... and that he passed on the info he came up with to " the people in charge" for conformation/ further testing...... maybe you wernt included...lol Just kidding
You're absolutely right! After re-reading his post a couple of times it really does appear that Fishy has mutated to a firmware engineer! Wow, whoever would have thought that possible. I can't wait to see his video, most probably lots of lines of assembler and hex codes The "people in charge" will be ever so pleased

Too bad I wasn't on his mailing list
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You're absolutely right! After re-reading his post a couple of times it really does appear that Fishy has mutated to a firmware engineer! Wow, whoever would have thought that possible. I can't wait to see his video, most probably lots of lines of assembler and hex codes The "people in charge" will be ever so pleased

I'm not surprised that he left you off the list,, the way you pick on him all the time...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
Quote:

its just a couple of 1's and 0's.. we all learned that in kindergarden. some of us are just trying to figure out if the 1 or the 0 comes first... and how many of each!! ????
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:28 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,011 Posts
Why alter the camera speed if the editing software not only can shrink or stretch the video but gives you the ability to see the changes and choose the best???
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Yes, Vdub can also do it (except for easily reversing the sequence). A post was made just a few days ago showing how to do it... use the "search this thread" tab with some appropriate key words to quickly find it.
Photolapse and VirtualDub can only do timelapse videos from jpg's, am I right?

I tried to speed up a video with WLMM and succeeded.
Never have been so fast with the old Guzzi…

airone timelapse 4x.wmv (0 min 48 sec)

It works better for me as the photo mode. It is post processing of videos with variable speed. I can choose if I want a normal video or a time lapse. No need for making lots of jpg's for timelapse which is far too fast for me..
Speeding up to 4x is in my eyes a good choice for a bike ride!

Thank you, Tom!
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Yeah hang me for using the word do a ble possible of gee

Video soon to come
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post
VirtualDub: Load the video. In the menu select Video->Frame Rate. Decimate by: 6, Change frame rate to: 180. This is like taking 5 pictures a second (30/6) or one picture every 0,2 seconds. The video is saved with 30fps (180/6)
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Time lapse is already on the 808 made history.

To advance time lapse do a ble does apply, we will wait and see?

I keep optimistic. In my video I is 100% no insult to anyone. At all. If I pick on ya it means I like ya. And that said. And today's word is

Doable

Time lapse do a ble (2 min 57 sec)

poker. calling a bluff.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
Quote:
.. it really does appear that Fishy has mutated to a firmware engineer! (
I hope not, that would be a step down from actor and director

I hope we get off this timelapse subject soon, I see little interest for AV, although I must confess it crossed my mind today while flying a sailplane for a while that it might have some value there, when flight time exceed normal battery life when doing video..

There's not much other advantage than battery life (well, maybe card size), because as stated many times, decimation of the video can be done for mild (fast forward) type timelapse.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Last edited by victapilot; Oct 16, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: cmos is only 1MP
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:28 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
The 808 internal timelapse is good only for stationary camera and have better results for nature as subject.
If the camera is moving, use video recording to create a timelapse.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Why alter the camera speed if the editing software not only can shrink or stretch the video but gives you the ability to see the changes and choose the best???
The only advantage is for those who can't or don't want to take the time to do ANY post-processing. We have a few...
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post

I tried to speed up a video with WLMM and succeeded.
Never have been so fast with the old Guzzi…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGRT...ature=youtu.be

It works better for me as the photo mode. It is post processing of videos with variable speed. I can choose if I want a normal video or a time lapse. No need for making lots of jpg's for timelapse which is far too fast for me..
Speeding up to 4x is in my eyes a good choice for a bike ride!

Thank you, Tom!
I like the 4x much better as well. PhotoLapse only works with .JPG images, but Vdub can load and process most common types of picture files. You can see all the loadable file types if you boot Vdub, click "file/open video file" menu, then use the "files of type" drop down box to see them in the in the "image sequence" option.

<EDIT> I might have mis-understood the question. Klas gave an explanation on how to do it with video clips with Vdub rather than still image sequences. AviDemux can manipulate videos like that as well, but it can import most any video file type, where Vdub only imports .AVI files. <EDIT>
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 16, 2012 at 05:00 PM.