HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
sir, this software for creating a timelapse video is stupidly great. it's so simple to use, thank you very much for posting that link!
I am often associated with stupidity, and happy to be so. Enjoy!
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Love the beginning of the clip, funny



Smart way, might have to do something simular to my €1 cap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
The main goal wasn't the price of the cap, but to make the 808 invisible as much possible to keep people which are around me acting normally. And of course when I don't have the camera there, to use the cap as usual.
The position of the 808 is very close to my head and also is protected from sunlight.

enjoy,
Mtz
With the video I provided about lens D here is a vid response

Baseball cap lens D protection (0 min 14 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
hi guys, this is my first post on your great club it's a minefield of great information however my age is 76 a lot of this tech is now i fear out of reach ,you young guys have such a lot to look forward to,only have one question on the changing the date and time on my #16 key cam,i did it once ,found a post that all you had to do is plug cam into PC and hold down a couple af buttons and it was done great,but i now can't find where it was,can you put me onto it,thank you guys role the nice flying days. GARY.
grandy, are you using iso's setup utility?

Current Version: Nr16Setup.zip v.3.0.2.3 (11 October 2012)
http://www.mytempfiles.info/nr16/Nr16Setup.zip

download, unzip, and run that software...there is a feature to reset the time.

If the tech part as you say is out of your reach, just grab a grandkid or a neighbor kid and show them the instructions I just posted above. They'll know exactly what to do. (EDIT: have them follow Ulrik_A's much more detailed instructions in the following post)

If it comes down to it, you can start a join.me session and call me on the phone...I'll walk you through it.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Ulrik_A's Avatar
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
hi guys, this is my first post on your great club it's a minefield of great information however my age is 76 a lot of this tech is now i fear out of reach ,you young guys have such a lot to look forward to,only have one question on the changing the date and time on my #16 key cam,i did it once ,found a post that all you had to do is plug cam into PC and hold down a couple af buttons and it was done great,but i now can't find where it was,can you put me onto it,thank you guys role the nice flying days. GARY.
Download the program called Nr16Setup from here

http://www.mytempfiles.info/nr16/Nr16Setup.zip

Unzip the Nr16Setup.zip
Start the Nr16Setup.exe

Connect your cable to your USB in your computer
Connect your camera to the micro usb
Hold down the power button untill the LED is yellow (then it automatically switch to red light when connected)

Then you should be able to see a letter , for me its

G: Capacity = 14,82 gb

Press that text

Then you can choose "set date/time" and everything.
You can even update the firmware inside the tool button

Good luck

Edit:

ezeeetm beat me to it :P
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
ezeeetm beat me to it :P
only because you took the time to write WAY better instructions.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
video recording time update:

using the same setup as I had previously for the time lapse that yielded 9+ hours, I observed 3 hours and 5 min of video (in loop record mode)

Iso / Tom does this sound correct to you? 3h5m is enough for my purposes, just want to make sure the camera didn't crash or something, I expected it to be a little more for some reason. (EDIT: after reviewing run times of the "external battery" post here, my expectations were ill-founded. If 4xAA alkalines yield 4hours, then 2AA lithiums yielding 3+ hours is a huge success)

I'm going to test the batteries later to see if they were drained to the same level as in the time lapse test.

refresher: running two brand new AA lithiums through a boost converter, and a fully charged battery onboard the camera.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Last edited by ezeeetm; Oct 16, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Victspilot;

With Lens D, you say you are getting "GHOSTING", do you mean Barrel issue?
FISHYCOMICS
Thanks for your ideas!

It's not shadow, the sun is behind me. It may be unique to my lens. I can only speculate, but normally the image circle from the lens contains features that are cropped by the rectangular CMOS. However any internal reflection/refraction might ghost some edge features to the CMOS edges.

I can duplicate it by slowly panning past a vertical object (tree) framed by sky. For AV it's not an issue because sky is generally uniform across the frame. Since I have used the lens a lot, I'm not requesting a replacement, but just wondering if anyone else sees that
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrMueller View Post
Hello ezeeetm

I would be happy if you could present your project in my thread.

Collection and discussion of KEYCAM hacks, mods and improvements
jawhol
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,724 Posts
Hi can anybody advise me or suggest anything as to why my 808 no3 key chain cam has suddenly gone from recording about 80mins with full battery to less than 10mins?? DId anyone experience a big cut in battery life like this? would pressing the reset button solve it since this seems like the only solution before binning it and getting a new one?? thanks for your replies
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:57 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Hi can anybody advise me or suggest anything as to why my 808 no3 key chain cam has suddenly gone from recording about 80mins with full battery to less than 10mins?? DId anyone experience a big cut in battery life like this? would pressing the reset button solve it since this seems like the only solution before binning it and getting a new one?? thanks for your replies
see tom's post below. My reply was assuming the camera was very old since it was a #3. If your time drop happened quickly, its probably not the battery...its the temperature. If it happened gradually over weeks and months, that points to battery reaching EOL.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Last edited by ezeeetm; Oct 16, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: tom answered
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:09 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Hi can anybody advise me or suggest anything as to why my 808 no3 key chain cam has suddenly gone from recording about 80mins with full battery to less than 10mins?? DId anyone experience a big cut in battery life like this? would pressing the reset button solve it since this seems like the only solution before binning it and getting a new one?? thanks for your replies
I'll assume that you are using the same memory card the whole time. I'd try a different memory card just to rule out a problem there. I don't know what kind of time frame you mean by "suddenly", but lipo batteries do age and their internal resistance increases with time as deposits build up on the eletrode plates. But this would not normally show a "sudden" decrease in performance, but rather more gradual over a period of weeks.

BUT cold weather CAN make a lipo suddenly appear to be deficient. I've got some that won't even fly my plane in cold weather, but perform almost normally in warm weather.

The reset button would not have any effect on this, but I hope you mean only binning the battery, not the entire camera!

p.s. The #3 keyfob camera and the close to one dozen other older VGA resolution variants are discussed in this thread.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 16, 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
video recording time update:

using the same setup as I had previously for the time lapse that yielded 9+ hours, I observed 3 hours and 5 min of video (in loop record mode)

Iso / Tom does this sound correct to you? 3h5m is enough for my purposes, just want to make sure the camera didn't crash or something, I expected it to be a little more for some reason. (EDIT: after reviewing run times of the "external battery" post here, my expectations were ill-founded. If 4xAA alkalines yield 4hours, then 2AA lithiums yielding 3+ hours is a huge success)

I'm going to test the batteries later to see if they were drained to the same level as in the time lapse test.

refresher: running two brand new AA lithiums through a boost converter, and a fully charged battery onboard the camera.
I've had bad experience with AA cells, albeit the normal 1.2V species, so I don't use them. I can't say if your figures are correct or not, but obviously you know what you are doing and are not trying to under power the camera. It might be interesting to mention the battery capacities in mAh which remains the same value when connected in series. I don't have any 1.5V AA batteries.

The only tests I have done is with a 4400mAh USB battery pack which gives me well over 10 hours of recording with a 32GB card. I don't use loop recording.
Based on 11 hours (may be a bit longer), this would assume your battery has an approx. 1200mAh capacity, but this is without taking into account that you need to increase your voltage by 2V. A 3 hour recording time seems too long to me....or I've screwed up in my calculation, or your batteries are more than 1200mAh....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I've had bad experience with AA cells, albeit the normal 1.2V species, so I don't use them. I can't say if your figures are correct or not, but obviously you know what you are doing and are not trying to under power the camera. It might be interesting to mention the battery capacities in mAh which remains the same value when connected in series. I don't have any 1.5V AA batteries.

The only tests I have done is with a 4400mAh USB battery pack which gives me well over 10 hours of recording with a 32GB card. I don't use loop recording.
Based on 11 hours (may be a bit longer), this would assume your battery has an approx. 1200mAh capacity, but this is without taking into account that you need to increase your voltage by 2V. A 3 hour recording time seems too long to me....or I've screwed up in my calculation, or your batteries are more than 1200mAh....
2900 mAh each (lithiums, spec sheet here)
they are indeed a full 1.5V fresh
2xAA in series, correct
voltage being increased by one of these
recording indoors to remove temp from the list of moving parts

thanks iso.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:44 AM
Fly by Guzzi
falconerider's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
EV settings may not be obvious to all.

The following links offer information on the subject with examples.

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com...xposure-value/

http://digital-photography-school.co...tion-explained

Hope this helps.
I always wondered what to do with exposure settings.
Now I know! Thanks!

Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
video recording time update:

using the same setup as I had previously for the time lapse that yielded 9+ hours, I observed 3 hours and 5 min of video (in loop record mode)

Iso / Tom does this sound correct to you? 3h5m is enough for my purposes, just want to make sure the camera didn't crash or something, I expected it to be a little more for some reason. (EDIT: after reviewing run times of the "external battery" post here, my expectations were ill-founded. If 4xAA alkalines yield 4hours, then 2AA lithiums yielding 3+ hours is a huge success)

I'm going to test the batteries later to see if they were drained to the same level as in the time lapse test.

refresher: running two brand new AA lithiums through a boost converter, and a fully charged battery onboard the camera.
Your time lapse photo mode had the delay set for 60s, so the camera was only recording and writing one frame of data to the memory card per minute, while in video mode it would be continuously recording and writing to the card 30 fps * 60s = 1800 times per minute! So your camera is using a lot more power when shooting video than when in time lapse mode. I don't know what the average current draw the camera has in that time lapse mode compared to the approximate 300 mA in video recording mode, so I don't know if the time you measured sounds reasonable or not. But just eyeballing it, the approximate 2/3 reduction in recording time is not surprising to me.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The REAL (#11) HD Key Cam Thread (PLEASE! READ POSTS #1-#3 BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 9936 Feb 11, 2014 10:56 AM
Discussion Looking to buy #11 HD Key Cam within US Abolfazl Aerial Photography 1 Feb 14, 2012 02:59 AM
Poll Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users Tom Frank Aerial Photography 0 Sep 26, 2011 12:55 AM
Discussion New HD Key Cam CHAMP? 1080x720p 3 HOUR RECORD TIME! Jaybee Aerial Photography 4 Jun 02, 2011 12:39 PM