HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I am sure a search on ebay with "headphone covers" will bring a lot of offers.
But first is better to search in the house maybe you have somewhere a pair unused. So you can see how it fit.

Before you buy you must choose the Earphone Ear Pad Foam Cover with the smallest hole.
Not only did I find an old ear bud head phone set, the foam covers are a PERFECT fit, with the elastic band fitting nicely in the groove in my rubber grommet!. Although the foam is very soft and pliable, I cut a circle of thin plastic from an old credit card to fit inside the foam cover to prevent contact from pushing it against the lens.

I updated my original post with the final details and a pic so the whole story is in one place.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: clarification of details
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Aug 2005
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
here's a time lapse vid i did yesterday when I tested the max runtime on full battery (86 minutes when using 60 sec intervals)

Image quality is bad but thats just becase of a dirty window and the autofocus not dealing with the window well.

I used this software (free, and so easy) http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen/photolapsedlc.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9jOV2nQrD4&hd=1

sir, this software for creating a timelapse video is stupidly great. it's so simple to use, thank you very much for posting that link!
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:35 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
I may have missed it somewhere but is anyone doing any mods for 5.5v BEC's? All of my ESC's put out 5.5v rather than 5v... Will this be a problem? Im guessing 5.2 is max?
Put a 1N4004 diode inline with the power wire to the #16 and it will drop the voltage approx 0.7V.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Put a 1N4004 diode inline with the power wire to the #16 and it will drop the voltage approx 0.7V.
Ya, I was thinking about just using an inline diode to drop the V some... Got some 1N4004's laying around from another project...
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Dream Machine For Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
Germany, BW, Freiburg
Joined Apr 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
For example, I'm probably not going to post about my project in the DIY section of an RC flying forum, since my project is neither RC nor flying. The discussion kind of got lumped in here because the common thread is: the camera.

That said, I am so appreciative of what you and Iso and others do...I will not reply to any more questions about my project, nor post any other details relevant to it...except maybe a video link of the actual flight. Very sorry.
Hello ezeeetm

I would be happy if you could present your project in my thread.

Collection and discussion of KEYCAM hacks, mods and improvements
HerrMueller is offline Find More Posts by HerrMueller
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
The Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
408 Posts
EV Settings Information

EV settings may not be obvious to all.

The following links offer information on the subject with examples.

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com...xposure-value/

http://digital-photography-school.co...tion-explained

Hope this helps.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Aug 2005
405 Posts
referring to the initial "FAQ" posts in the first page

The recording length a card can hold will obviously depend on the file size. With the lower (7Mbps) Quality setting a typical average data rate is about 52-53 MB/min., so an 8GB card should hold about 150 min. of recording.

So I just wanted to confirm, with this statement, in theory, a 2GB card will be full around 37 minutes of video, is that correct?

8GB=150 mins approx
4gb=75 mins approx
2gb=37 mins approx
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
referring to the initial "FAQ" posts in the first page

The recording length a card can hold will obviously depend on the file size. With the lower (7Mbps) Quality setting a typical average data rate is about 52-53 MB/min., so an 8GB card should hold about 150 min. of recording.

So I just wanted to confirm, with this statement, in theory, a 2GB card will be full around 37 minutes of video, is that correct?

8GB=150 mins approx
4gb=75 mins approx
2gb=37 mins approx
That's pretty close. Most probably 35 minutes is a safer value. I have just made a quick recording using an old, GUI-Formatted, 2GB card and I managed to record 36 mins. and 30 seconds.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Aug 2005
405 Posts
thanks for confirming that Isoprop, much appreciated.

And thank you to Tom and yourself as well for all the work and coordination with the developer to improve this litte cam's features by leaps and bounds. I'm sure the bunch of us who can't afford a gopro or just won't pay that much money for a cam is very appreciative of all the things that this little bugger can do.

Thank YOU.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:23 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Best i found on ebay was

25 pair (50 pcs) Headphone Cover
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50X-Headphon...item45f3436665

5x Rubber Grommets 10mm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Protect...item35bff77224

Only problem i see is that the rubber grommets have a Outter Diameter of 16mm and would stick out a bit from the camera, so i might have to look at the local hardwarestore for another one
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
A few more D lens tests, happy with the color (Fluorescent, Saturation+1, Contrast -1). Not so happy with ghosting in corners when objects just outside the frame. I'll probably crop it in edit.
Victspilot;

With Lens D, you say you are getting "GHOSTING", do you mean Barrel issue?

Has anyone else besides you are concerned, or complaining about this?

I may take a few snaps later, and see myself, and when my other lens D come in will observe someshots as well again?

I am thinking out loud; If the lens was seated to far in, or plastic housing lipping, this can be corrected by modification, but not advisable. Am sure it may just be a bad lens you got (keeping optimistic) and maybe if it is an issue, talking to Mandy, if purchased from the post #2 shop, will help in a new module?

FISHYCOMICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Best i found on ebay was

25 pair (50 pcs) Headphone Cover
S_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item45f3436665

5x Rubber Grommets 10mm
http:///Wire-Protective-Black-Rubber...6?pt=US_Cable_

Only problem i see is that the rubber grommets have a Outter Diameter of 16mm and would stick out a bit from the camera, so i might have to look at the local hardwarestore for another one
In my Video comment response I made, and video soon to come I answered the question at hand with Bluetooth ear buds. Be careful eitherway. to protect lenses, any item we place on will eventually start to wear down the cameras lens. Oil, rubbing on lens etc. I again protect with a lens micro fiber cloth.

FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 16, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:27 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
MTZ beats me to it, credits to you MTZ.

Lens D protector, fourth post of today, about what I said I was going to get out, and see what we all can dig up, Mtz was on the money, and I clearly said, video soon to come. Here in my video. Crash74, thank you for seeing the enjoyable side in me? and I thank you.

Video has my response and clearification to the lens protector. Use not adhesives that are liquid base, use rubber cement or an Elmers stick, for the micro cloth mentioned for protection of lens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u8DJmI1VM

I will top this video trust me.

Ear buds available online ebay sellers of hong kong click me

Something we have called elestic or plastic electrical tape. makes a great temprary lens cap, till one is found.
Love the beginning of the clip, funny

Quote:
Fisy you made me remember my first version of Hat-Cam, until 808:
- the first version was for the vertical camera
- the second version was for the 808.

The main goal is to keep my black cap nice and usable when not using the camera. So for the first version was rotated 90 degrees.

Now I can use my baseball cap as usual when no camera, and the same way when using the 808 camera.
Most people can't see I have a camera there and is best with the A lens.

enjoy,
Mtz
Smart way, might have to do something simular to my €1 cap
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:15 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Smart way, might have to do something simular to my €1 cap
The main goal wasn't the price of the cap, but to make the 808 invisible as much possible to keep people which are around me acting normally. And of course when I don't have the camera there, to use the cap as usual.
The position of the 808 is very close to my head and also is protected from sunlight.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:18 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
The main goal wasn't the price of the cap, but to make the 808 invisible as much possible to keep people which are around me acting normally. And of course when I don't have the camera there, to use the cap as usual.
The position of the 808 is very close to my head and also is protected from sunlight.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes i know
I have a "spare" cap for €1 that i will use it on

I was going to stuck it with velcro first, but your way seems much safer
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
date time

hi guys, this is my first post on your great club it's a minefield of great information however my age is 76 a lot of this tech is now i fear out of reach ,you young guys have such a lot to look forward to,only have one question on the changing the date and time on my #16 key cam,i did it once ,found a post that all you had to do is plug cam into PC and hold down a couple af buttons and it was done great,but i now can't find where it was,can you put me onto it,thank you guys role the nice flying days. GARY.
grandy is offline Find More Posts by grandy