SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Proof is in the pudding and demo if need be a demo can be presented but hex like said your option to choose a program or txt Do not force people your way or the highway isopropyl there was a feature you chosen not to ignore enjoy
fish, c'mon dude...if you set the auto power off option, the f'n thing will TURN OFF. You gotta know this?

the motion detection will take a picture, but it will not bring it out of OFF mode, lolz. It will be OFF.

This may have been addressed in the previous 600+ pages of this thread, but I'm sensing that English is not your primary language? You might have better luck (and stop making iso pull his hair out) if you ran your posts through google translate first?

Just a suggestion...clearly you are engaged in this forum and have useful feedback to offer, but the language barrier is a little rough, my man. Try a few posts w google translate.

I totally offer this as a helpful suggestion, not to be rude, and I apologize to you fish if it is offensive, sir.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:39 PM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Oignies
Joined Dec 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
they are really two completely different functions. There isn't much use for a time lapse that only triggers when there's motion (or vice versa)

for that you'd just use motion detection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The two modes will be fighting each other for turning on and off the photo capture. One wants to do it based on motion detection, and the other based on a time delay sequence. Both cannot function simultaneously without more sophisticated coding. There may be insufficient camera memory to do more than what you have available, or the developer may have decided it's not worth the effort to develop this duplex capability. I'd think the motion detection would mainly be used in some kind of surveilance application or sequence where it's not possible to capture images with a hand held camera, like some wildlife nature scenes. Either way, shooting intermittant photo might miss the key scene you want, so just shooting video triggered by motion detection is a better solution for most.
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Thank you so much for this Great job !!!
flahut59 is online now Find More Posts by flahut59
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
fish, c'mon dude...if you set the auto power off option, the f'n thing will TURN OFF. You gotta know this?

the motion detection will take a picture, but it will not bring it out of OFF mode, lolz. It will be OFF.

This may have been addressed in the previous 600+ pages of this thread, but I'm sensing that English is not your primary language? You might have better luck (and stop making iso pull his hair out) if you ran your posts through google translate first?

Just a suggestion...clearly you are engaged in this forum and have useful feedback to offer, but the language barrier is a little rough, my man. Try a few posts w google translate.

I totally offer this as a helpful suggestion, not to be rude, and I apologize to you fish if it is offensive, sir.
I was talking about Motion detect, and not time lapse or a combo of motion and time lapse. I gave some pointers, nothing more and there you go..

Lol. on the background stuff.

FISHYCOMICS Imac user.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I made this post, and they are pointers of Motion detect, not time lapse. to clearify up the confusion, of why I kept to one subject and not both.

Added note to the pointer if you preferre to have power set to a time you may do so, but when no motion around the cam will be off.

thank you for understanding.

Quote:
We know in order to get best results with Motion detection

Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0 set to off.

If you are using the cam on any surface that will move , motion will activate.

If you are using the cam on a surface that is stationary, motion in front may not activate as fast.

Motion strength, and distance, is on fixed focus lens was not given, and be interesting to know?

Battery life will depend on the situation put into cold wx shorter, unless external power supply/source.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
I was talking about Motion detect, and not time lapse or a combo of motion and time lapse. I gave some pointers, nothing more and there you go..

Lol. on the background stuff.

FISHYCOMICS Imac user.
and, just like that, ezee went to go sit with iso.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I agree time lapse VIDEO made from stills shot at longer delay times are not useful for aerial video, but there are quite a few that only want to be able to shoot still images, not video, from the air without having to find a way to trigger the camera shutter button via remote control.
[offtopic]The cheapest way to shoot good quality aerial photographs easily is to get a (second-hand) Canon pocket camera and upload CHDK -software on it, which among other things enables intervalometer.

Mounting a pocket camera on a RC-plane can be a little bit tricky, and of course is not possible with smaller planes. But works with Hobby King Bixler for example. (With upgraded motor.)[/offtopic]
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
[offtopic]The cheapest way to shoot good quality aerial photographs easily is to get a (second-hand) Canon pocket camera and upload CHDK -software on it, which among other things enables intervalometer.

Mounting a pocket camera on a RC-plane can be a little bit tricky, and of course is not possible with smaller planes. But works with Hobby King Bixler for example. (With upgraded motor.)[/offtopic]
Yep, that's OT, but also not the only cheap way. I use a point&shoot with continuous setting, hold down the shutter with a rubber band

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=830

Back on topic, I did change out that horrible B lens with a D lens. It's better for vignetting but not perfect. Also the Fluorescent setting not so great on cloudy days.

BTW it sees a little ghost of whatever is just outside the frame. See the upper right in this.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
lens D

vid to come.
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 14, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
I would like to have some kind of protection cap over the Lens D so i don't damage it when transporting it, does something like that exist ?
You'll find my solution in post #8595
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:22 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8595

I see, yeah thats one solution
Thats for the tip

I dont know the exact size, but maybe something like this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eight-Vinyl-...item3cc0909f9b

Or "finger condom" ? :P haha
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...m&_sacat=12576
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Last edited by Ulrik_A; Oct 14, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:
We know in order to get best results with Motion detection
who are WE ?
Quote:

Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0 set to off.

If you are using the cam on any surface that will move , motion will activate.
real ! who'd have thought of that ?
Quote:
If you are using the cam on a surface that is stationary, motion in front may not activate as fast
So you are saying that the motion detection is useless - if the surface moves it false detects, if the surface does not move then it does not detect ?????
Quote:

Motion strength, and distance, is on fixed focus lens was not given, and be interesting to know?
didnt know there was a variable focus lens available for the #16 - link please.
Quote:

Battery life will depend on the situation put into cold wx shorter, unless external power supply/source.
Yes that is common knowledge and the external power supply could well suffer the same problem, do you have a solution for us?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:11 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8595

I see, yeah thats one solution
Thats for the tip

I dont know the exact size, but maybe something like this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eight-Vinyl-...item3cc0909f9b

Or "finger condom" ? :P haha
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...m&_sacat=12576
Oh yea, I didn't notice you were in Sweden. May be hard to find mine with the exact unmetric dimensions. Yours looks good too. I don't know about the finger condom though. The D lens definitely needs some protection though.
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:
Proof is in the pudding and demo if need be a demo can be presented but hex like said your option to choose a program or txt Do not force people your way or the highway isopropyl there was a feature you chosen not to ignore enjoy
huh ?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
didnt know there was a variable focus lens available for the #16 - link please.
All lenses are variable focus as far as I understand. Screw the lenses in or out to adjust focus. Not too hard.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:09 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
All lenses are variable focus as far as I understand. Screw the lenses in or out to adjust focus. Not too hard.
Thanks.
You know that, I know that but FC seems a little , or he wouldnt have mentioned it.
ike