SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
I think is more easy to search in some shop in Malmö, for example charger for iPhone. If is wrote on the box about 1500-2500mAh you are in the safe area.
But if you want ebay, eletoponline is selling also the car charger.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
So with the record indicator set to on and with motion detection set to on should i be able to notice after 30 seconds with zero motion the led should stop flashing...then if there is motion camera starts to record again the led would start to flash again (indicating recording)?
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Tried again with the record indicator set to on and although the led flashes letting me know it's recording....the camera does not stop recording after 30 seconds with zero motion in the fov.

Has anyone had success with using the motion detection?

Did the camera stop recording for you after 30 sec of zero motion in the frame...and then start to record again when motion was present...with out touching the camera?

Is there something i'm doing wrong...i turn the camera on...long press the power button,led turns on red then very quickly the yellow led turns on (as it always has since new) then i press the shutter button till the led flashes 3 times and release.
Yellow led flashes on/off indication recording.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
Somewhere lost in Texas
Joined Jan 2011
300 Posts
<sigh> Now if we could only have motion detect video <sigh> with extra ...........

No really.. amazing little camera..

Paul
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Last edited by Patchitagain; Oct 12, 2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
... then i press the shutter button till the led flashes 3 times and release.
I don't press that (shutter) button. Just turn on the camera and make a little motion in front of camera.

To make a test for stopping the recording just put the camera in a front of simple wall. And after you are sure is working try some more complicated scenes.
For example I put the camera in front of the TV and turning on and off the TV to test the motion detection.
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 12, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiDonavan View Post
Can anybody confirm this ebay sellers items are good?

digitaleleonline-yuanbin

The two listed on page 1 do not ship to my country
I think that seller is okay - someone in this thread successfully bought a #16 from them (see here).
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I don't press that (shutter) button. Just turn on the camera and make a little motion in front of camera.

To make a test for stopping the recording just put the camera in a front of simple wall. And after you are sure is working try some more complicated scenes.
For example I put the camera in front of the TV and turning on and off the TV to test the motion detection.
That's the answer. I was just trying it out myself after ridgewalkers problems. It does seem to take a bit more than a little motion in front of it but it would pick up someone walking in a room for instance. The clue is highlighted in the quote from Tom's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
This new firmware is now available for download. It adds three new features:
  • Motion Detection - when this function is toggled ON in the camera configuration, the normal video recording mode is bypassed with first a 2 sec. pause, after which it will only start recording when motion is detected in the camera's field of view. Recording will continue until the scene has no detectable motion for 30 sec. The function will then repeat and continue until the card is full, the battery is depleted, or the user manually presses the shutter button.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post

Ok,tried that...powered on camera ...after about 6 sec yellow led flashes about 4 times very quickly and yellow led goes off....no led on.

I set camera on table facing a still object....after about 10 sec yellow led flashes,but i didn't expect that so couldn't count the flashes...they were very quick,then yellow led goes off...no led on.

So i press the power button..red led turns on then yellow...in about 6 sec yellow flashes and then nothing.

Plug cam into usb to check and although on my pc it shows there is a removable drive plugged in when i click it to open the pc asks me to insert a disc into said drive...even though the pc is showing the drive does have a disc in it??
The pc is making the "ding ding" sound alerting me that the camera has been plugged in the usb.

So i unplug camera from usb and replug in...green led lights indicating charging.
Press the power button,red led turns on then yellow....click on the drive and same as before...asks me to insert disk (which it shows is already there er else i wouldn't have clicked on it to open.

So....decide...run the GUI and turn off the motion detection.
The GUI will not read the camera!

Seems like the cameras not being seen as a removable drive (if that makes sense).

So at this moment the camera seems to be inoperable.

The green led still comes on and the camera will power up so it should be saveable....just have to figure out what's going on here.

EDIT:

With the camera not connected to the usb i pressed the power on button,red led then yellow.
After about 6 sec yellow led flashes quickly and turns off.
I press the shutter button,hold it down for about 2 sec and then the yellow led comes on but flashes really fast for about 1/2 to 1 sec and turns off.

I press the shutter button as to turn the camera off and nothing....press the power button and nothing
PLug the camera into usb and green led turns on....i press the shutter button,red led turns on then yellow (as normal).
I click on the drive and lo and behold it opens!...but no video in there...it's alright,the cameras working again.

So run the GUI and turn off motion detection.
Take quick sample video to be sure camera is working and it is...will wait to see what others say/do...how the motion detection works...lol
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 12, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Your battery was empty or your card was bad.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Neither,after getting the camera working again i put it on charge and it took 10 min to charge so the battery was good.
The card,been using it since January and always worked alright,the test clips i just made to be sure the camera was working all play fine.

Also just tried the time lapse still photo and it works fine.

Not sure why the trouble with the motion detection but will probably fool with it a little later,try and see if i can get it working...on a mission now to figure it out.lol
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 12, 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: got it working!!!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Ridgewalker.

Motion dectector video demo shows it working?

If anyone cares to view the simplicity of what Tom saidearlier today. Press on let it do its job, force cancel by hitting shutter.

Key cam motion detection showing the works (3 min 26 sec)

808 #16 ver 1 lens D.

Place cam

step 1 turn on cam. Long press 3 secs, motion detected from 4 secs-17 secs.

step 2 see step 1

sorry I am not good for this but my video explained it ifneed be Ridge When I get time I will do a better one.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Hi all, just wanted to jump in and praise my new 808HD #16. I've had several of the previous #11 cameras and this is my first #16. I got the "D" V2 model with the wide angle lens. LOVE it, truly. :-)

As usual, low light is a real problem for this kind of camera, but the good points can make this an easily overlooked thing. It's tiny, it's very light weight, and it does a lot of things that would really surprise you like video out, 5VDC in, motion detection, time lapse photography, and many other features the #11 didn't have. Arguably, though, the best thing about the #16 is that all the modifiable features can be changed with a GUI program, which is quick, efficient, trouble free, and just makes using the camera just SO much better than the #11 ever was. NICE.

Now I just need a good way to deliver 5VDC to the camera while it's attached to the top of my EasyStar's FPV camera pan turret... I'm sure I'll find a way. :-)

Those guys that made this amazing little device should be really proud. It just keeps getting better and IMHO it's the best lightweight, small footprint option there is for HD video recording, period. :-)

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
35 sec long,got the same here.
Don't know what i was doing wrong before but it is working now.
Made a test,it was working,came on here to let you all know and saw fishys video.

Great video fishy showing the motion detection working,thanks for making it.

EDIT:

Fishy...

When string together stills to make a time lapse...how long should each still play....so they all play at the proper speed?
Think i recall .17sec...make each still play for .17 in the timeline for a smooth time lapse playback...does that sound right?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
35 sec long,got the same here.
Don't know what i was doing wrong before but it is working now.
Made a test,it was working,came on here to let you all know and saw fishys video.

Great video fishy showing the motion detection working,thanks for making it.

EDIT:

Fishy...

When string together stills to make a time lapse...how long should each still play....so they all play at the proper speed?
Think i recall .17sec...make each still play for .17 in the timeline for a smooth time lapse playback...does that sound right?
Each person sees their work of art differently.

24 fps times 30 seconds = 720 frames

Link to the full artical

I let the editor load in, I choose the frames, over the secs.

10 frames at .17 = 1.70, thats like 15 fps. I am exhausted and that about sound right.

Sorry if I was not of great help.

thanks RIDGEWALKER me hat off to ya

FISH

Time lapse leads to miniture efx video's
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Read the article,thanks for the link.
Can see having some fun with creating time lapse,good time of year for it!