HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Thanks for doing the measurement. I guess my theoretical calculation based on current draw wasn't that far off and was based on measurements I did a long time ago. 86 images is only about 3 seconds of video!
how long will it record video on one charge from your experience...isn't it about 90 min? (I have not tested yet, will test next with the loop feature so I can test until dead.)
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
This new firmware is now available for download. It adds three new features:
  • Motion Detection - when this function is toggled ON in the camera configuration, the normal video recording mode is bypassed with first a 2 sec. pause, after which it will only start recording when motion is detected in the camera's field of view. Recording will continue until the scene has no detectable motion for 30 sec. The function will then repeat and continue until the card is full, the battery is depleted, or the user manually presses the shutter button.
  • Time Lapse Photo - when this function is toggled ON, the normal single photo capture mode is bypassed and continuous photos will be captured with a variable pause between images. The pause is user-selectable via the configuration settings with 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 second pause options. The image capture will continue until the card is full, the battery is depleted, or the used manually presses the shutter button. Note: this does NOT create a time lapse video! The images are .jpg photos just like the normal single photos the camera will capture when this mode is toggled OFF. BUT, it is possible to easily join these images using WLMM (or other video editors) to create a time lapse video! More on that later.
  • Finally, new memory card communication code is included which has shown to correct the sudden recording abort that can happen with certain problem memory cards.
Incredible. Wow, I even do not expect this. Time laps photo. This is definitally the best mini camera ever.
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
how long will it record video on one charge from your experience...isn't it about 90 min? (I have not tested yet, will test next with the loop feature so I can test until dead.)
Click here for all the information about how long a battery will last, external power and much, much more. I will update this post in the near future to include new topics that have come up during the last two weeks.

This post is also linked in the first 5 posts of this thread. The first five posts contain links to a wealth of information.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,942 Posts
The Motion Detection feature does not seem to work for me.
Maybe i'm misunderstanding something about how it works.
I'm thinking the camera will record video and if there isn't any movement in the fov then the camera will stop recording...if then there is again movement in the fov the the camera will begin to record again until 30 sec pass with zero motion at which point the camera will stop recording...and this would continue till the battery is dead or card is full.

Also when motion detect is on and the camera is recording...no led's are on....i press the shutter button to stop recording and the yellow led comes on...and after a few seconds it blinks quickly and the led goes off and the camera starts to record again?
I have to "catch" it when the yellow led is on and quickly press the power button for the camera to turn off.

Maybe someone could make a video demonstration of how this function (motion detect) works,that would be helpful.

Here's screen shots of the settings.

EDIT:
video explanation soon to follow.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
I did the update last night and sure enough it worked. Wow, I can't believe what it does now. That motion detection seems neat but I'm not sure how much I will use it. Maybe setting the camera on a log in the yard and waiting for a bird to come into view or something. Still, very cool!

I hope this cam keep developing both in software and hardware.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
64 Posts
I just got mine yesterday.. what is the two wires for that it comes with it. Not the USB but the ones with the small square mini plugs on one end?
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:02 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,396 Posts
I crashed the plane with my new #16 on it.

I think the camera is toast, but wanted to see if there were any last efforts I should make.
  • The camera stopped recording on crash
  • I had 18 minutes of freeze frame of the instant of contact.
  • The PC does not recognize the camera
  • The camera appears to turn on/off and charge. LEDs work.
  • The camera doesn't respond to the record button.
  • I have reset the camera
  • I have disconnected/waited/re-connected the battery
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacker View Post
I just got mine yesterday.. what is the two wires for that it comes with it. Not the USB but the ones with the small square mini plugs on one end?
That cable is for connecting to an FPVB video transmitter, used in RC plane flying to allow the pilot to fly the plane with a view as if he were sitting in the cockpit.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
I crashed the plane with my new #16 on it.

I think the camera is toast, but wanted to see if there were any last efforts I should make.
  • The camera stopped recording on crash
  • I had 18 minutes of freeze frame of the instant of contact.
  • The PC does not recognize the camera
  • The camera appears to turn on/off and charge. LEDs work.
  • The camera doesn't respond to the record button.
  • I have reset the camera
  • I have disconnected/waited/re-connected the battery
Does it connect as a webcam if you remove the memory card? Have you tried a different, known good memory card?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
Canada, MB, Woodlands
Joined Oct 2012
79 Posts
Resetting Still photo count

I apologize if this has been asked. I searched all 600 plus thread pages for this subject and couldn't find it.

Still photos are numbered sequentially starting at MINI0001.JPG

If I take 12 images, the camera remembers the count and the next time I use it, it starts at MINI0012.JPG I'd like the count to go back to 0001 every time I shoot a series of stills.

Is there a setting for this? If not, how do you reset the counter?

Thanks in advance.....

Jim

PS... Thanks for the upgrades. I'm having fun with time-lapse
jwt873 is offline Find More Posts by jwt873
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,942 Posts
EDITroblem solved
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 12, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
If i want to use the 808 #16 v2 Lens D in my car, record and charge it from the USB in the cigarette outlet at the same time, do i need something special ?

I dont want to damage the camera, any tips ?

Thanks alot
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
585 Posts
ridgewalker, turn ON the Recording Indicator and try another place for motion detect. Is more easy to make a visual test not a blind test with LED off. You are complicating your life with tests like that.

Ulrik_A, be sure to have a Car charger which have about 1000mAh real. Don't use cheap chargers which can provide about 250mAh because is not enough. If not enough mAh you can damage your card, not camera.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
ridgewalker, turn ON the Recording Indicator and try another place for motion detect. Is more easy to make a visual test not a blind test with LED off. You are complicating your life with tests like that.

Ulrik_A, be sure to have a Car charger which have about 1000mAh real. Don't use cheap chargers which can provide about 250mAh because is not enough. If not enough mAh you can damage your card, not camera.

enjoy,
Mtz
Can you maybe link me a "right" charger on ebay ?
So i dont get the wrong one, thanks
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post

Mtz
Ok,will do that...thought it may have to be off for motion detection to work.