HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,874 Posts
Were you guys able to update the fw in the camera using the GUI?
I was still on the first version of the GUI so i clicked Program update and it said there was a new version and the GUI installed the new version with no trouble.

But when i clicked to check Available firmware versions online it says there are no new versions....and there is,the new v49.

I thought with this GUI we would not have to go through the button pressing and waiting X number of seconds ect to update the camera with a new fw? did i miss something?
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Were you guys able to update the fw in the camera using the GUI?
I was still on the first version of the GUI so i clicked Program update and it said there was a new version and the GUI installed the new version with no trouble.

But when i clicked to check Available firmware versions online it says there are no new versions....and there is,the new v49.

I thought with this GUI we would not have to go through the button pressing and waiting X number of seconds ect to update the camera with a new fw? did i miss something?
I did upadate the FW with the GUI...but it ran a little different than the previous FW update. Can't really explain it (I did my first FW update last night in the GUI after recieving the camera)...it just didn't run as perfectly as the one I did last night. The light sequences on the camera didn't exactly match up to the directions. When I did the FW update last night, the camera's behavior matched the step-by-step directions perfectly.

Maybe that's the issue...they fixed it so the FW updates without the button pressing/waiting...but the instructions still come up during the update process?
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
It worked fine for me. Does it have "V0.49 MOV Local" in the white box to the left of the check firmware button? if it does you have already downloaded it and just need to click on it, the check button will change to an install button, click on that and follow the instructions.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,874 Posts
Here is a screen shot.
I have not downloaded the fw ,thought it would automatically do that when pressing the available fw versions (connect to the internet and download/install it is what i figured was going to happen when clicking that)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Here is a screen shot.
I have not downloaded the fw ,thought it would automatically do that when pressing the available fw versions (connect to the internet and download/install it is what i figured was going to happen when clicking that)
Strange...

Could it be that your antivirus/firewall is blocking program access to the rc groups?

The firmware is downloaded from Tom's thread, the software is downloaded from the #16 site.

I don't quite see how one works but not the other, but one never knows... I also think you are using XP. I tested on XP SP3 but don't know about older versions.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,874 Posts
Ahh yes...now that you mention it i think that could be it...thinking more now this may have happened to me before and i even asked about it...when this new GUI first came out.lol
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:55 PM
Sweden, PiteŚ
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Ok, so I bought a #16 v2 D Lens 808 keychain camera and got it.
But when I start it I get a yellow light that stays on, and when I press the shutter button to record nothing happens, and it's a brand new sandisk memorycard in it. I even tried with another older memorycard and I get the same problem.

The camera wont even mount as removable disk on the computer either, can I fix it?
Hayvosh is online now Find More Posts by Hayvosh
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sweden, MalmŲ
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Ahh yes...now that you mention it i think that could be it...thinking more now this may have happened to me before and i even asked about it...when this new GUI first came out.lol
Same for me, have to disable firewall when updating
Then it works
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,874 Posts
Quote:
Same for me, have to disable firewall when updating
Then it works
Tried that and no luck.
Guess it's going to have be a back door delivery for the v 49 fw for me.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
with a FULLY charged battery, time lapse set to 60sec, I got 86 minutes out of it.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,874 Posts
Made the back door delivery of v 49 fw and was successful.

But the value of my settings is different than with the previous fw.

These were the settings before installing the v 49 fw......
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5215079

And the current settings after loading the v 49 fw can be seen in the screen shot at the bottom of this post.
No big deal just pointing it out/giving feedback ,...it's not like changing the settings is difficult with the GUI
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,374 Posts
Contrast & vignetting B lens

This is with Fluorescent, Saturation [3] as I had before, then adding low contrast [0].

Seems to me vignetting a little less visible, but a side effect is the fence is bluish. The dynamic range (detail in shadows) is better so I will split the difference and go with contrast [1]
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
with a FULLY charged battery, time lapse set to 60sec, I got 86 minutes out of it.
Thanks for doing the measurement. I guess my theoretical calculation based on current draw wasn't that far off and was based on measurements I did a long time ago. 86 images is only about 3 seconds of video!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,486 Posts
Quote:

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1349675824

And the current settings after loading the v 49 fw can be seen in the screen shot at the bottom of this post.
No big deal just pointing it out/giving feedback ,...it's not like changing the settings is difficult with the GUI
You will always lose all your settings when you update the firmware because memory gets overwritten. This has always been the case.

The RTC (Real Time Clock) keeps running, so the date and time will remain correct.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5215079

Yeh if you'd managed to get it to update with the GUI it would have warned you about that. You can save all your settings as a profile though and simply reload them after any update.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly