SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:29 AM
Happy when flying!
France, Aquitaine
Joined Sep 2011
160 Posts
Little test of 0.49 on all cameras, same setup on all cameras (all auto)

0.49 test (0 min 42 sec)

left v2 has slightly richer colors and right v2 has slightly lighter exposure

Only got 2 micro sd cards so V1 is not synchronised
kjrell is offline Find More Posts by kjrell
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Tom/Isoprop

Have you guys ever thought about migrating this thread (and the other similar cam threads for other models) to a dedicated forum? That way you could have subforums for each topic, and a more historical and useful record of all this great info?

643 pages of linear info is a bi**h to sort through.

I volunteer to set it up and take care of the hosting if you guys want to do it. I'll register it in your name so you have complete control over it...I'll just do the legwork.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Yes, manual editing of the config file still works and has been kept as a back-up and for those who may have no other way to use a GUI. But stay aware of the function key conflicts I mentioned in my v0.49 introduction post. Some combinations do not work with each other. The GUI sets these correctly. I think, but am not positive, that the FW also ignores keys that are in conflict, or may set to their defaults. You can test this... I have not.
I'll do a few more tests, very carefully!

I'm curious to see if reducing contrast has any effect on vignetting with the B lens.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Thought I get yelled at by isoprop again

Enjoy time lapse of o e of the 808 just time lapse enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toh8_jUjys8

A quick video at 1 second.
Thanks to Nerys. I have a vase power source/external USB supply.

With time lapse running :

How many stills can be taken before the bat needs recharging?

Average bat time 40 minutes with camera snapping away the time will differ?

1 minute time lapse up to 40 shots. Interesting to see some results on that? How long will it go?

30 sec 80 minutes, etc....
I won't yell at you this time Fishy, because you have posted a video, and most people can understand your videos which are usually very good.

During the testing phase, Tom also made some very impressive test videos of moving clouds with different time-lapse settings, so, for me, your video is nothing new - sorry
Like I said, the videos were test videos and were partially used to find firmware bugs.

All the same, your video shows others the potential of this remarkable $40 camera.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyger View Post
I have a v2, everything is fine. But it seems you must push the power button for a bit longer. For a bit more than 2 secs.
i experienced the same thing.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
i experienced the same thing.
+1

But i think its better this way
Like it even more now

Thanks for the great updates to the program and the firmware guys
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
is there a way to turn off the led when in time lapse mode (set Recording Indicator = No?)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,394 Posts
Last edited by victapilot; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Duplicate
who me?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,394 Posts
Quote:
who me?
No, me

I duplicated my previous post. Sorry, maybe Tom can delete.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
is there a way to turn off the led when in time lapse mode (set Recording Indicator = No?)
No!

The developer modified the original routine so it's clearly visible when a picture is taken, and this is a good thing.

Of course, we anticipated this question would come up sooner or later.... more like later than sooner.....

I don't know if the developer will implement an invisible time-lapse LED or not, but be assured he reads this thread!

@victapilot, just put in a couple of dots to avoid confusion. I also understood you were in favor of the invisible time-lapse LED!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
No!
...so it's clearly visible when a picture is taken, and this is a good thing...
!
what I'm observing on my end is:

- put it in photo standby mode (which takes a little more of a press than a tap compared to before)

- snap first photo with shutter button. normally this would blink yellow a few times then go back to red in the previous single image mode. now it flashes one time yellow, then back to red

BUT

I do not see any subsequent yellow blinks for subsequent pictures. They are taken to be sure, but light just stays red solid after first image.

This is just FYI, makes no diff to me...thing works great. I only mention turning off the LED to save power (every mAH counts for me lol)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
what I'm observing on my end is:

- put it in photo standby mode (which takes a little more of a press than a tap compared to before)

- snap first photo with shutter button. normally this would blink yellow a few times then go back to red in the previous single image mode. now it flashes one time yellow, then back to red

BUT

I do not see any subsequent yellow blinks for subsequent pictures. They are taken to be sure, but light just stays red solid after first image.

This is just FYI, makes no diff to me...thing works great. I only mention turning off the LED to save power (every mAH counts for me lol)
I'm unclear. Previously, the yellow LED flashed when taking a picture but you could barely see it because the red LED remained on.
As of v0.49 the red LED turns off so you can see the yellow LED and then turns back on. I find this much better.

Are you talking about time-lapse or normal picture taking? I have tested both, and both work for me, so I need more information. Can you also confirm you are running firmware v0.49?

What I have found is that if you press the shutter button before the picture is saved to the card the LED will remain yellow. However, this turns off the next time you take a picture.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiDonavan View Post
Can anybody confirm this ebay sellers items are good?

digitaleleonline-yuanbin

The two listed on page 1 do not ship to my country
Contact them via the ebay website and ask if they will send you a paypal invoice. They didn't send to my country either but sent me one when I did that.
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I'm unclear. ...However, this turns off the next time you take a picture.
There's no problem here, don't waste your time with it. I was just pointing out that in time lapse mode the yellow light only blinks for the first image (not subsequent images) and it blinks a little differently than it did previously for a single image.

It was more of an FYI for others who are just now experimenting with the time lapse. No problem to be solved...freakin thing works FANTASTIC.