SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,679 Posts
New MOV Firmware v0.49 just released

This new firmware is now available for download. It adds three new features:
  • Motion Detection - when this function is toggled ON in the camera configuration, the normal video recording mode is bypassed with first a 2 sec. pause, after which it will only start recording when motion is detected in the camera's field of view. Recording will continue until the scene has no detectable motion for 30 sec. The function will then repeat and continue until the card is full, the battery is depleted, or the user manually presses the shutter button.
  • Time Lapse Photo - when this function is toggled ON, the normal single photo capture mode is bypassed and continuous photos will be captured with a variable pause between images. The pause is user-selectable via the configuration settings with 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 second pause options. The image capture will continue until the card is full, the battery is depleted, or the used manually presses the shutter button. Note: this does NOT create a time lapse video! The images are .jpg photos just like the normal single photos the camera will capture when this mode is toggled OFF. BUT, it is possible to easily join these images using WLMM (or other video editors) to create a time lapse video! More on that later.
  • Finally, new memory card communication code is included which has shown to correct the sudden recording abort that can happen with certain problem memory cards.
Be aware the new function modes require that certain other functions, i.e. the Auto-Power Off and Auto Record modes, be turned OFF before they will work! Because of this, use of the Isoprop's Windows Nr16Setup GUI v3.0.2.3 program is strongly recommended for easily setting camera configurations and avoiding any function setting conflicts that can occur by manually editing the configuration text file. Read the alert text file in the FW D/L archive for more information.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Hello, I would have two questions.
1. Does motion detection do something with captured sound as well? It would be good if not only captured video but also (or selectable) a minimal dB of sound would be taken into consideration when starting of recording. For example recording would be started when no picture change is recognized yet but some sound can be heard, like a VOX mode in walkie-talkies or sound recorders.
2. When the camera is set into motion detect mode but not yet recording (it is in waiting period), is it's power consumption lower than when it is in recording period after detecting motion and started recording? Or is the camera also in full wattage when in motion detection's waiting period?
BR, nagyger
nagyger is offline Find More Posts by nagyger
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:41 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Is this new firmware working for everyone else? doesnt seem to work on my v1 cam...I push the power button, get a quick red light then nothing...pc dont even see it...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
I have a v2, everything is fine. But it seems you must push the power button for a bit longer. For a bit more than 2 secs.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:53 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Keychain cam 808 lens D Fw beta 41 Night time and wreck planes.

Same spot stood at, as you can clearly tell teh cams apart.

That wrecked plane is a SeaBee from the 1940's.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350024824.165444.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 15.9 KB
Description:
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:06 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Is this new firmware working for everyone else? doesnt seem to work on my v1 cam...I push the power button, get a quick red light then nothing...pc dont even see it...
The new firmware works perfectly with all V1 cameras, but nagyger is right. You need to press the power button until the yellow LED turns on. This is an added security measure to prevent the camera being inadvertently turned on.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
42 Posts
Tom, Isoprop, once again thanks for your great job.

Let's try that new FW
CalvinHob is offline Find More Posts by CalvinHob
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,295 Posts
How would you guys like a custom made case for your 808's PCB rather than a keychain shape that serves no purpose for aircraft? The bottom should be flat, not rounded, the sides could have slits for straps, and the battery could be removed for an ultra thin case due to external power capability.
This guy CJ has a 3D printer and he is looking for ideas for items that us RCers want made. I just told him about the #16 case, and if you would want one, go to his new thread and post a +1 so he can gauge the demand.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749857
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Hmm...As soon as I hit the power button to install firmware the yellow light flashes real fast then shuts off then red light blinks once...firmware should be installed...I delete the file and start up the cam and all I get is a fast red light then nothing...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Hmm...As soon as I hit the power button to install firmware the yellow light flashes real fast then shuts off then red light blinks once...firmware should be installed...I delete the file and start up the cam and all I get is a fast red light then nothing...
You are not following the instructions BY THE LETTER

After the camera starts to blink, WAIT at LEAST 10 seconds (more is better).
Then remove the card.
Turn on the camera until the yellow LED starts to blink.
Now insert the card into the camera.
Connect the camera to your PC.
Wait until the camera is recognized as an external drive.
Delete the firmware file, or even better, format the card using the GUI or Windows.

OR, much easier, use the GUI (Tools) and follow the instructions. In the GUI, it's all automated, but you still have to follow the instructions shown.

I don't know what the fast red blinking means. You'll need to define this better if the above doesn't work.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:45 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
[*]Motion Detection ....The function will then repeat and continue until the card is full ...
I think this is not correct because if the Loop Recording is activated it must work. Maybe this card full stop is valid only for Time-lapse feature.

Regarding motion detect:
- is normal to not have Auto Record because recording will start when motion is detected. So in another wat we still have Auto Record.
- we must to learn how much motion is needed to start the recording. I counted about 10 seconds after the first motion in front of camera until the camera started recording. Then about just 4 seconds. Maybe some users will ask for the sensitivity of the motion to be detected.
- we must know how many time the camera will be ready for recording in stand by mode with and without TV Out activated, when the battery is full. But in that time nothing to be recorded (maybe just first 30 seconds).

Regarding firmware: we must learn to keep at least 2 seconds the power button to power on the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 12, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyger View Post
Hello, I would have two questions.
1. Does motion detection do something with captured sound as well? It would be good if not only captured video but also (or selectable) a minimal dB of sound would be taken into consideration when starting of recording. For example recording would be started when no picture change is recognized yet but some sound can be heard, like a VOX mode in walkie-talkies or sound recorders.
2. When the camera is set into motion detect mode but not yet recording (it is in waiting period), is it's power consumption lower than when it is in recording period after detecting motion and started recording? Or is the camera also in full wattage when in motion detection's waiting period?
BR, nagyger
This functionality is for motion detection only. It has nothing to do with sound detection!

I believe the motion detection functionality is an integral part of the processor and can't be tweaked manually (sensitivity). I may be wrong here, but I do know the developer tested this functionality back in March and was not satisfied with the results (as you may have gathered, he's a perfectionist!). However, people have asked him for this functionality, so he has added it.

When I tested this functionality I measured the current draw when in idle as approx. 130mA, so pretty much the same as when the camera is in standby mode. So, theoretically, the battery will last about 80 minutes when motion detection is enabled and not recording. I didn't verify these theoretical times since I don't need motion detection. It's better to use an external USB power supply if you leave your camera unattended for longer periods of time.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Thank you for answer.

Maybe -if possible- a sensitivity adjustment for the motion detection would be fine to be implemented.

Of course if there is no sound detection yet, I have a question to the developer if it is possible to develop a sound detection function (also adjusting the sensitivity of it)?

BR, nagyger
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
That wrecked plane is a SeaBee from the 1940's.
Attachment 5224361
Thank you, very god to know, a lot of histor , never knew that thanks iskess
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:57 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You are not following the instructions BY THE LETTER

After the camera starts to blink, WAIT at LEAST 10 seconds (more is better).
Then remove the card.
Turn on the camera until the yellow LED starts to blink.
Now insert the card into the camera.
Connect the camera to your PC.
Wait until the camera is recognized as an external drive.
Delete the firmware file, or even better, format the card using the GUI or Windows.

OR, much easier, use the GUI (Tools) and follow the instructions. In the GUI, it's all automated, but you still have to follow the instructions shown.

I don't know what the fast red blinking means. You'll need to define this better if the above doesn't work.
OK...I got it working on my V1...seems you need to hold buttons longer...thanks