SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashed22 View Post
Thanks for asking this, I wasn't aware that it would live feed, and record at the same time... just tried it and hoowa there it is. Will try it out on my fpv rig now.
Yup, this tiny $40 camera does a lot more than most people can imagine. The developer is really pushing the chip's capabilities to it's limits.
I'm sure you aren't the first person to be taken by surprise
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Exactly! For people to think a $40 CMOS camera can record with their perfect color rendition in any light is VERY wishful think (and impossible, to boot).

The only way to achieve one's personal optimal results is to use post-processing with a capable editor.
Very true, and now that the color balance can be set manually, it is easier too!

This is a comparison with my Exilim (on auto) at mid-day, bright sun. The #16 with 0.41beta and Fluorescent [4] and Saturation [3]. Close enough, I think. The lens B now the weak link, so no more tests for me.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
seahorse41
Joined Jan 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
My current preferred setting is 20204 (but also try 20203).

To my eye, the difference between your Canon goal and the standard 20202 is just saturation, not warmth.
Thanks for the suggestion. Once the sun-angle was correct, I have added those two to my original post here instead of cluttering up the board. I also did not like the daylight results, so did them again.

I think there is more to it then Just the saturation. Something else in the color balance...

Quote:
For people to think a $40 CMOS camera can record with their perfect color rendition in any light is VERY wishful think (and impossible, to boot).
Won't know until we try. If the developer says it can't be done, then we can close the book on this hardware. I'll still be happy with the product and results anyways, but I think the point of allowing us to tweak these settings, is to see IF it can be done.
seahorse41 is offline Find More Posts by seahorse41
Last edited by seahorse41; Oct 11, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Yup, this tiny $40 camera does a lot more than most people can imagine. The developer is really pushing the chip's capabilities to it's limits.
I'm sure you aren't the first person to be taken by surprise
Forgot to change the setting to not turn of automatically, Good thing I tested it before I flew! I can buy 3 off these for the price of a new go pro- lost my gopro on a lost quad The video from these is good enough for me. Not a photophile
Crashed22 is online now Find More Posts by Crashed22
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Very true, and now that the color balance can be set manually, it is easier too!

This is a comparison with my Exilim (on auto) at mid-day, bright sun. The #16 with 0.41beta and Fluorescent [4] and Saturation [3]. Close enough, I think. The lens B now the weak link, so no more tests for me.
Tell me all your settings please
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:32 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Tell me all your settings please
Hope this helps, I don't use the GUI (I am impressed by the way this cam can regurgitate it's setup file ).

Only things changed are White Balance (Fluorescent) and Saturation [3]
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Hope this helps, I don't use the GUI (I am impressed by the way this cam can regurgitate it's setup file ).

Only things changed are White Balance (Fluorescent) and Saturation [3]
Thanks, will try this setup tomorow
Does this work best outdoors ?
Or does it work everywhere ?

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:59 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Clip 01
808 #16 v2 Lens D & Robin M1 (6 min 21 sec)

Clip 02
Robin M1 & 808 #16 v2 Lens D (2 min 42 sec)

808 #16 v2 Lens D
Robin M1 (segway like)

Filming in Malmö Sweden
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Keychain cam 808 lens D Fw beta 41 Night time and wreck planes.

Video and stills. Since I had snapped a shot of KEYCAM 1280x720 16:9 of , and iPHONE 4S 3264 x 2448. AR 4:3 see below;

*Photo: JPG 1280*960 (no degrading by upsizing to interpolated "5 megapixel" size)

Who's saying these are poster shots, not me. great for Displaying on the PC/mac.

Enjoy the clip, My motto:

These are Pc Low budget Economy Hybrid cams great for the daytime outdoor shots, no light, no video, Light on the subject/object video. Peace

Set me free , free, FREE a bunch of CHICKENS
Driving in the country KC808 (3 min 11 sec)

iph4S
graveyard of planes laid to rest (1 min 4 sec)

Same spot stood at, as you can clearly tell teh cams apart.

fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
time lapse greyed out

I just rec'd my #16 w lens D today from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320991406899

Got it set up and working fine using nr16setup.exe, I can record video with no problem

My main purpose for purchasing this camera was to do time lapse photos though...and that is greyed out in nr16setup.exe (so is motion detect). Any advice?

running nr16setup v3.0.2.3
firmware v0.41mov

thanks.

ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2012
52 Posts
Received my #16 V2 A lens this week, everything as expected in the shipment. Charged the first time out of the package for a couple hours, downloaded the GUI, and updated to the 0.41 firmware. I've shot a couple short videos with it rubber-banded to the frame of my Blade mQX just to see how it does, very cool. Plan to mount it on my EZ * II this weekend an shoot some outdoor video.
mwoneal is offline Find More Posts by mwoneal
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Wow I love the time lapse photos thing. Never knew about that.
I Haven't got the latest FW or GUI program. So must get them.

Will be great to see that working. Simply because we built a shelter at the field a few weeks ago (cost 8grand, but the local council help pay for it, not the lame MAAA - OZ version of the AMA) and I would have liked the camera set up to take a picture every minute or so as the shelter was being constructed.
-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Those functions are grayed out because v0.41 FW does not support them, but v0.49 MOV, which I am about to post for download, DOES! Isoprop and I are 6 hours different in our time zones, and can't always sync our uploads. The latest GUI (v3.0.2.3) will be REQUIRED to activate the new functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
My main purpose for purchasing this camera was to do time lapse photos though...and that is greyed out in nr16setup.exe (so is motion detect). Any advice?

running nr16setup v3.0.2.3
firmware v0.41mov

thanks.

Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Dunedin
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Those functions are grayed out because v0.41 FW does not support them, but v0.49 MOV, which I am about to post for download, DOES! Isoprop and I are 6 hours different in our time zones, and can always sync our uploads. The latest GUI (v3.0.2.3) will be REQUIRED to activate the new functions.
Motion detect and Timelapse? WOW! I know this thread is primarily for the RC fliers but on behalf of the many lurkers who use this little beastie for other purposes, THANK YOU!!
GSVNoFixedAbodec is offline Find More Posts by GSVNoFixedAbodec
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:24 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSVNoFixedAbodec View Post
Motion detect and Timelapse? WOW! I know this thread is primarily for the RC fliers but on behalf of the many lurkers who use this little beastie for other purposes, THANK YOU!!
I'll be posting shortly about these new functions to explain what they can and cannot do (after I get the FW revision posted for download).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank