Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:53 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
its ok guys without the source for the DLL so someone else can "code" a way to talk to the camera it matters not.

I did not realize we were talking about "TWO" source codes. his gui and the DLL. my bad.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
smaller than the screen in all directions or just top and bottom?

It will be smaller on top and bottom due to the formatting of 16:9 to 4:3 on the display. Just like watching a wide screen movie on a regular tv...
Yea it's top and bottom black lines I was wondering if I can stretch the photo to fit the screen?
Thanks
Mitamar is offline Find More Posts by Mitamar
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:35 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
I think this deserve to be posted here.

OK, after few tests my method to achieve absolute jello-free videos on V929 + 808 #16 D-LENS

Camera mounted under the quad, flipped (buttons down)

1. Put strip of velcro (just one, soft side!) on the camera from upper side (touching battery holder)
2. Small black cable tie - VERY TIGHTLY SECURED around camera and quad frame.
3. Hold the zip-tie and insert battery wrapped tight in bubble-foil to fill every void* (I'm using NanoTech 600mAh and they are loose in V929 battery holder)

You should feel the camera attached very tighly almost like part of frame, you must be able to carry the quad holding just the camera !

I know it sounds crazy, but only this way i get rid of jello - VERY TIGHT to FRAME with just soft side of velcro.

Very easy and very good results !

Jello free V929 + 808 #16 (1 min 23 sec)

My SYSCFG.TXT (sorry no GUI - Mac user here)

Quote:

Exposure Value=[2];Exposure compensation,0:-2EV,1:-1EV,2:0EV,3:+1EV,4:+2EV
White Balance=[4];Set White Balance,0:Auto,1aylight,2:Cloudy,3:Tungsten,4:Fl uorescent,
Contrast=[2];Set Contrast,0:-2,1:-1,2:Normal,3:+1,4:+2,
Color Effect=[6];Set Color Effect,0:Standard,1:Mono,2:Sepia,3:Cooler,4:Cool,5 :Warm,6:Warmer,
Saturation=[3];Set Image Staturation,0:-2,1:-1,2:Normal,3:+1,4:+2,
{MicroDVR mov 2012/09/11 v0.41}
Enjoy !
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Last edited by shafter; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:25 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
327 Posts
My latest HD 16 v1 blue lense test video. With Deal Extreme 13mm Fisheye. I've made a head band mount and there are pics and details of it at the end. I'm very pleased with the colours. I used auto colour balance. and +1 on saturation.

PS Sorry Tom, not aerial photography, but an excellent test of the Deal Extreme Fisheye, which I think performed well. As I mentioned in the lense test video I recently posted, it doesn't work with the new red lense v2 16# and I'm not sure if it will work with all the other new lenses either?

HD 16 Key Cam - Mountain Bike Ride to Berry Head . Deal Extreme Fisheye Lense test. (7 min 17 sec)
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Last edited by bobflyman; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootson View Post
Today I received my 808 #16 v2 with lens D. There seems to be a slight problem with my lens, as there is some sort of small particle (not dust) on the inside of the lens, which shows up as a dark spot on video/photo. I know that the lens can be unscrewed from the case. But is there any way for me to open the front of the lens so I can clean the lens cap from the inside?

I can't blow inside the lens or something, so it must be opened.
I discovered that the lens was loosing tiny pieces of black plastic while adjusting the focus (screwing and unscrewing the lens), which were falling on top of the sensor itself. This was causing the dark spots in the images. Cleaning the lens did not help either, because when the lens was put back onto the housing of the camera, the pieces of plastic were falling on top of the sensor again.

Eventually I send back my lens D model and received a brand new lens B model together with a replacement battery. Now that's what I call service. Thumbs up for eBay seller eletoponline365!

The lens B model I received is working just fine. I did have a problem with a micro-SD card, but that was only because the card itself was faulty. Afterwards I placed an 8GB micro-SDHC class 4 card from Kingston and it's working like it should. Brilliant little camera for very little money!
Wootson is offline Find More Posts by Wootson
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
testing Color Options

Hi folks,

I now post my investigations about the advanced image settings, today: Color Options.

In an earlier post I said that there is virtually no difference between cooler-cool-normal-warm-warmer setting in this area. The images below show this. The first one is sepia, which is obviosly different. But the others... Please look at them and tell me if I'm right.

I took snapshots of short videos of the same scene with nearly the same light conditions. So it should be a real comparison.
I set the advanced settings to default, except WB Flourescent and Saturation higher, for that is my favourite setting at this moment. I changed the Color Option settings, you can see this by watching the file name.

Ciao
Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:01 AM
The Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
...My SYSCFG.TXT (sorry no GUI - Mac user here)...
Czy wiesz, że jest to program dostępny w języku polskim? To się nazywa Asystent Konfiguracji Java.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconerider View Post
Hi folks,

I now post my investigations about the advanced image settings, today: Color Options.

In an earlier post I said that there is virtually no difference between cooler-cool-normal-warm-warmer setting in this area. The images below show this. The first one is sepia, which is obviosly different. But the others... Please look at them and tell me if I'm right.
Looks like you are right to me. It may be that the Fluorescent setting does lock color effect settings which then are unchangeble by the color options warm setting(?) Maybe the warm setting does work with autoWB (?)

I tried the GoPro Cineform and find the v0.36 colors are better for me by adding saturation a bit and tweaking tint. I still didn't try 0.41.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:56 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Isoprop, please tell me how to post fotos here!

Today I realized that I made the mistake to take fotos (and not videos) for testing. But there is a big difference how the software of the camera handles fotos and videos. I.e. a foto is overexposured, while a video with the same setting is good. So I have to take videos with the several settings for a real comparison. Later I make snapshots of them (like bobflyman did it in an earlier post), and post them here (if you tell me how to)

Some more work to do, please be patient!

By the way, we have lenses A, B and D. Where is the C? I wish I had a lens with a bigger fov than B, but I don't like the fisheye view for motorcycle videos. A lens with a fov of 90-95 degrees would be fine.

Falconerider
To attach photos, make sure you are using the "advanced editor" when you post. It will have a header named "Additional Options" below the text entry pane with a button in it named "Manage Attachments" for attaching photos and certain kinds of files. Click on that and browser your computer folder for what you want to attach, click the "Upload" button, then click the "Save" button" after it loads and you're done. Close the upload window and go back to the text entry pane to finish, then click on "Submit reply".

Lens C was never released because it didn't meet the developer's standards for image quality, but one with similar AOV is still being sought after.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:08 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I am still waiting for new lenses. Is it known how much longer I need to wait for them?
What lenses are you waiting for? You have three to pick from right now. No other lenses have been promised, but better lenses are always in the developer's line of sight.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitamar View Post
Yea it's top and bottom black lines I was wondering if I can stretch the photo to fit the screen?
Thanks
Mitamer. Your question is OT and explained.

If a video is needed it will explain a lot more, in great detail?

Keycam #16 clone shoots 1280x960 rcgroups querry (0 min 58 sec)

This topic is all about the #16, and the camera you are showing us to Tom is not of that nature, or is it? Reason why I am asking, the last post read nothing of it?

The KC #16 apon purchase and who you get from will be a 1280x720 16:9AR (Aspect ratio). If any of the other, unless AVI firmware does that, then I do apologise for missleading, I am sure AVI is the same.

Keyword "CLONE"

As I had to dig deep for the info you got an 808 KC ver 2 with TV out. and that is at not 1280x720 res.

The info I provide relates to any 1280x960Ar 4:3 video:

1280x960 AR 4:3, is not what the KC#16 shoots at, that is why you are getting boarders. Even if it is 1280x960 AR 16:9. top botton, or even on the sides when rendering 1280x720 AR 16:9

With all the Above said the KC#16 was never mention, and why some confusion is at hand.

Picture 1 shows t woclips one 1280x720, otehr overlayed 1280x960 AR4:3

Picture two shows steps correcting and top/bott boarder correcting, dragging dotted line to expand to correct video you are asking about.

Now what can you do to have no boarders?

with an editor there are numbers of options, to correctly get 1280x720 resolution AR16:9

And you cannot just change AR 4:3 to 16:9 you will still get Cenima up and down black, or any color chosen boarders.

1 load video in.
2 property object if editor has, choose 16:9
3 find and chose size postion or section or in editor, and stretch
4when rendering. set to 1280x720 AR 16:9

Cropping and scaling.

If you need furtehr assistance about this, read the post #1-5 around post 4.

FISHYCOMICS

Thank you for the PM and hope this answers your question and helps another out, my job is done.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:24 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Hi folks,

I took snapshots of short videos of the same scene with nearly the same light conditions. So it should be a real comparison.
I set the advanced settings to default, except WB Flourescent and Saturation higher, for that is my favourite setting at this moment. I changed the Color Option settings, you can see this by watching the file name.

Ciao
Falconerider
Thanks for posting the comparison images... very helpful for the ongong camera color tweaking. I agree... virtually indistinguishable differences. To be useful to most people, they need to have slightly larger steps.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:31 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Looks like you are right to me. It may be that the Fluorescent setting does lock color effect settings which then are unchangeble by the color options warm setting(?) Maybe the warm setting does work with autoWB (?)
Some interaction bewtween settings was anticipated and unavoidable, I think. It may be some of the tweaks just can't work properly with some other tweaks set without looking worse with yet other settings. There's just too many possible combinations to even test them all let alone trying to make one particular function work well with all of them.

But these types of comparisons are what the developer wants, and if improvements can be made I think they will.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:46 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Now what can you do to have no boarders?

with an editor there are numbers of options, to correctly get 1280x720 resolution AR16:9

And you cannot just change AR 4:3 to 16:9 you will still get Cenima up and down black, or any color chosen boarders.

1 load video in.
2 property object if editor has, choose 16:9
3 find and chose size postion or section or in editor, and stretch
4when rendering. set to 1280x720 AR 16:9

Cropping and scaling.

If you need furtehr assistance about this, read the post #1-5 around post 4.

FISHYCOMICS
Fishy,
Thanks for taking the time to post these tips, and in a manner I
think most all of us can all understand!

Though I couldn't tell from the original post, I think the poster might have been referencing the Video Out function of the #16V2 camera which only outputs a 4:3AR frame with the native 16:9AR video in it. Several who use the camera's Video Out function for FPV purposes have asked if the actual camera composite video output can be changed to eliminate the letterboxed video before the image is display on a remote viewscreen, which I do not think it can since that function is integral to the video processor chip in the camera. I don't think it can be change via firmware toggles other than to turn it on/off.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Keychain cam 808 #16 Lens D movie (1 min 42 sec)

This is a perfect example of information, and how you see it?

Thank you FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)