HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:28 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
if a device draws 500ma and you want to run it for 1 hour what do you need.?

500mah.
true. but you can charge it with a 10ma source or a 1000ma source. the only difference being how long it will take. i look forward to seeing just how many mah the #16 battery really is. i think too many depend on the label on the cell or ad specs. we shall see.

btw i hope you caught my "retraction" regarding the prop "discussion". i admitted to a typo in the 1st post in that fiasco. it did explain some of the confusion.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:33 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
yeah I kept my word on that one and unsubbed the thread. too much stress :-)
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:56 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
have any SHORT samples ever been uploaded to the rcg gallery? id really like to pick one apart just to see how it compares to the others. avi would be best.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:01 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,802 Posts
Quote:

500mah. its pretty simple. draw without time when dealing with batteries is kind of pointless.

I always rate things "by the hour" so to speak. makes it easy to figure things out.

but yeah see your point.
What temp ? that also is a factor.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
To the developer:

Looking for a telephoto lens. adjusable to up X amount of optical zoom. this would be the topping of the cake for some of us.

What are those chances to see 8x optical or whatver is available
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:20 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
To the developer:

Looking for a telephoto lens. adjusable to up X amount of optical zoom. this would be the topping of the cake for some of us.

While were at it how about 80 to 120 deg fov and being able to know at least that it is actually recording.

Oh and a simple request be able to follow another plane.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
does anybody know if the #16 has a real lipo charger circuit or still uses that crummy diode resistor type like the old 808?
It has a real dedicated lipo charge managment IC on the circuit board.

To clarify a couple other numbers that have been tossed around and mis-stated:

The charge current is approximately 140 mA, as mentioned to me by the developer some time ago, It was lowered to help give the battery a longer life span. I have not measured it, and this does not mean the camera ONLY daws that much current when charging. That's just the charging cureent. More juice is used to power the rest of the circuitry. The camera draws approximately 300 mA when recording (measured by another user and reported somewhere back in the thread). I believe the battery is a nominal 250 mAh lipo as advertised, but the camera will not quite use the entire capacity during normal recording because it will stop working at about 3.7 V nominal (under load) as measured (by another user) at the battery connection to the circuit board (reported elsewhere in this thread). If you do the math on these numbers, it all fits the measured recording time of 40-43 minutes with a healthy battery.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:46 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,527 Posts
Quote:
To the developer:

You've got the helm No. 1... I need to go to the canteen for a yard of Romulan ale!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:30 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
thanks mike. if it wasnt in the first few thousand posts i probably missed it. in fact if it wasnt in the first 5 i probably read and forgot. its starting to look like maybe 40 bucks wasnt so bad after all.
no problem, glad to help
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:30 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,389 Posts
Quote:
To the developer:

http://m.dealextreme.com/p/8x-zoom-t...s-white-148746
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:44 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:
To the developer:

visions of a 3 foot long 7 lb black & silver tube with a small brown wart on the small end which is the body of a #16
Mike
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:03 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,990 Posts
Quote:

500mah. its pretty simple. draw without time when dealing with batteries is kind of pointless.

I always rate things "by the hour" so to speak. makes it easy to figure things out.

but yeah see your point.
I wouldn't say that, without knowing what the current draw was, you'd never be able to specify the battery capacity, nor would you be able to specify the battery "c" rating (its ability to provide current without drooping its voltage below the camera threshold)... etc etc etc
<nerdmode OFF>
Mike
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
visions of a 3 foot long 7 lb black & silver tube with a small brown wart on the small end which is the body of a #16
Mike
i would be happy if they just eased off on that glue for the lens thread so we could swap lenses easier. i ruined 2 808 cameras before getting the hang of adjusting focus. fortunately at $5 ea it was not too depressing.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Thank you fishycomics!

In the meantime, I have both, adjusted the lens, as well as open the case. But your video is very well done and certainly helps a lot of people!

But have you also a video where you can see how to open the lens and show how the lens parallel to the sensor aligns? ;-)

Quote:
Here is Lens D demostration purposes change out enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuvVs80SnIc

With tis Mod Just enlarging the hole that much makes a world of a difference

Luckeie is offline Find More Posts by Luckeie
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:44 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It has a real dedicated lipo charge managment IC on the circuit board.
Can you show me (using some photo) where is the electronic component which is charging the battery? My green light is not working anymore so I can't charge the battery. Everything outside of camera is working 100% so the problem is inside the camera.
The other functions of the camera is OK, but no recording because no power.
When connected to the PC only red light is on and I can access the camera from PC, so I think is only the charging circuit.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz