SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
///
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:59 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
330 Posts
What a foul day. Was that yesterday (Friday) ? My UK girlfriend is in NY for 4 days , Friday to Monday, is that what the weather is like at the moment!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:08 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
Since the release of Firmware v0.41, several Users sent me Emails asking basically the same question but formulated two different ways:

"Why do I still need to prepare Camera for configuration when the other program no longer requires it ?"
or
"Why USB communication with Camera Firmware is not supported in the latest Configuration Assistant ?"

For everyone's benefit, here is the answer.

Java does not have any USB support, so there is currently no readily available solution to implement USB communication with Camera Firmware.

Options/Alternatives:
1-continue offering OS/Architecture independent Configuration Assistant without USB communication with Camera Firmware;
2-offer USB communication support for 32-bit-Windows-only (using Isoprop's NvUSB.dll), but not for the other 5 OS/Architecture combinations;
3-develop my own Java USB support, consistent across all 6 OS/Architecture combinations;
4-drop support for #16 Camera completely.

Options/Alternatives assessment:
1-clearly a big disadvantage; I feel I would be competing blind-folded with one hand tied behind my back;
2-fairly easy to do but no longer OS/Architecture independent;
3-building my own OS/Architecture independent Java USB support solution is very complex and a major undertaking: many such projects were abandoned over the past 12 years;
4-the #16 Camera development team systematically ignored/denied all my requests for information, because it would apparently make some people very upset if they no longer had exclusive access to development information; this one is very tempting...

I don't give up easily so I am currently pursuing Options/Alternatives #3... but it will take a while.
Not an easy decision, good luck (and thanks BTW!)
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:29 AM
Padova, Italy
Joined May 2010
37 Posts
my first # 16

MINI0003 (0 min 10 sec)
This is my experience.
I bought a lens D cam.
It is out of focus on the right side of picture, and the sound is terrible; a noise like "fffhhh" that cover every real sound.
The seller eletoponline 365 suggests remove glue and try to focus, but I think with only half side of picture isn't possible.
What about you ?
As soon as possible I'll post a little sample video, but I suspect I waste my money..
In the sample video I am speaking..
bulbsrtw is offline Find More Posts by bulbsrtw
Last edited by bulbsrtw; Sep 29, 2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: new attachment
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:43 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
330 Posts
colour balance settings - pink hue

Lovely bright day and good skies so I just did some colour balance settings tests myself. I have two 16's, and early one v1 and the latest red lense, with video out v2.

I only film in daylight so logically I figured daylight colour balance (CB) would be the best setting. (I use one click on saturation too.) Then I noticed a pink hue in the skies and clouds on my last two paragliding videos. Even with grey cloudy skies.

Video results were great. the V1 has a 0.67 Deal EXtreme by the way..

Photos show auto CB gives most natural sky (no pink hue.) Even flourescent gives a better CB than daylight, still slightly pink. Anyhow, auto is what I'm going to use now. Click on them, or roll over to see which is which, titles easy to understand. There are two pics at each setting for each camera.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Last edited by bobflyman; Sep 29, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:25 AM
Padova, Italy
Joined May 2010
37 Posts
This is a frame picture and a cropped one.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbsrtw View Post
This is my experience.
I bought a lens D cam.
It is out of focus on the right side of picture, and the sound is terrible; a noise like "fffhhh" that cover every real sound.
The seller eletoponline 365 suggests remove glue and try to focus, but I think with only half side of picture isn't possible.
What about you ?
As soon as possible I'll post a little sample video, but I suspect I waste my money..
Eletoponline365 will swap the camera. You are emailing Mandy, Pete is the Manager. You must troubleshoot first in order to continue for a swap or a refund.

If you stop that is your decision?

I suggest and recommend contacting Mandy again and mention a name for reference like mine, or just nicely say, I tried all options and like a swap, you will ship back 3.00 shipping. cam in hand 2 weeks later max.
Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 29, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
Italy, Tuscany, Follonica
Joined Jun 2012
140 Posts
any of you have tried this? http://www.ebay.it/itm/TRANSCEND-MIC...#ht_2288wt_906
enea 54 is offline Find More Posts by enea 54
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
What a foul day. Was that yesterday (Friday) ? My UK girlfriend is in NY for 4 days , Friday to Monday, is that what the weather is like at the moment!
No comment I get myself into trouble answering, enjoy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:03 AM
United Kingdom, Cleckheaton
Joined Oct 2008
37 Posts
These little cams are exellent for the money.massive improvement over my old
flycamone2.

here is a short vid with the 808 #16 V2 Lens D on my raven flying wing.

enjoy. jabba.

808 #16 V2 Lens D keychain camera.raven flying wing. (7 min 22 sec)
jabba1 is offline Find More Posts by jabba1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Lovely bright day and good skies so I just did some colour balance settings tests myself. I have two 16's, and early one v1 and the latest red lense, with video out v2.

I only film in daylight so logically I figured daylight colour balance (CB) would be the best setting. (I use one click on saturation too.) Then I noticed a pink hue in the skies and clouds on my last two paragliding videos. Even with grey cloudy skies.

Video results were great. the V1 has a 0.67 Deal EXtreme by the way..

Photos show auto CB gives most natural sky (no pink hue.) Even flourescent gives a better CB than daylight, still slightly pink. Anyhow, auto is what I'm going to use now. Click on them, or roll over to see which is which, titles easy to understand. There are two pics at each setting for each camera.
Picture 7 of14 is awesome.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:24 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Real fould day, Below is a video, enjoy if watched, you will see how the Keychain 808 beta 41 lens B and A and agopro do.

AWB 4, AWB 2

wait for the next video and you will see some good results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVXtslvOW0
Humm I suppose someone somewhere might classify this as Aerial Photography, but I don't.
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Here is the last video as it poured. I had to get the trusty gopro out.

I chose not to add subtitles in, as can be quite clear of the cam and sets used. Hope you did enjoy some of the shots. I was pleased wit hte results found.

here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBHvrzTY4zs
I couldnt help thingink How much does GoPro pay for each mention in the #16 thread? , it might me worth me getting in on the act
I don't see you mentioning the #16 in the GoPro thread...
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Sep 29, 2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Expanded the origional curt message
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:38 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,428 Posts
[QUOTE=bobflyman;22865074Photos show auto CB gives most natural sky (no pink hue.) Even flourescent gives a better CB than daylight, still slightly pink. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, only problem with auto is the fade to gray issue. Did you test that?
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Padova, Italy
Joined May 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Eletoponline365 will swap the camera. You are emailing Mandy, Pete is the Manager. You must troubleshoot first in order to continue for a swap or a refund.

If you stop that is your decision?

I suggest and recommend contacting Mandy again and mention a name for reference like mine, or just nicely say, I tried all options and like a swap, you will ship back 3.00 shipping. cam in hand 2 weeks later max.
I have done as you suggested.
Many thanks for your help.