Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Woof, Woof.

Golf car shows the power of the cam, yellow two differents. did not look anywhere near Honey mustard. Now only if we can go from .MOV to .MP4 format. becasue that to me is the next step for this cam.
These formats are kissing cousins. Other than some editors will automatically reject MOV files but not MP4 files, I see no compelling reason for the change. Sometimes you can just rename the MOV file with the MP4 tag, and play/edit it if the software rejects MOV format.

I don't know if the Novatek GPU even has the option to select MP4 as an output option so a new GPU would be needed. And if that were done, I'd much rather see one that can do 720p (60fps).

I didn't understand what your were getting at with the golf cart yellow colors. Unless you were there and can see what they look like in person, who know whether the yellows are true to real life?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Here is the V41 with high saturation on a sunny day:

https://vimeo.com/49928895
The high saturation looked pretty good in your video. Mine seems to get a slightly higher boost with the high setting, looking too vivid. maybe it's a variable with the CMOS imagers?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,005 Posts
Quote:
Blue Sky shot with 808 compared with GoPro 808 beta FW41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knml6TvZ8Kw

Video dem's a good example of Blue sky.
The GoPro is WAYAYAYAYYYYY too "warm" (yellow) to my eyes. Although it doesn't show the blue-to-gray color shift like the #16, it produces a blue-gray sky all the time due to the constant color "warmth" (to my eye....YEMV)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
These formats are kissing cousins. Other than some editors will automatically reject MOV files but not MP4 files, I see no compelling reason for the change. Sometimes you can just rename the MOV file with the MP4 tag, and play/edit it if the software rejects MOV format.

I don't know if the Novatek GPU even has the option to select MP4 as an output option so a new GPU would be needed. And if that were done, I'd much rather see one that can do 720p (60fps).

I didn't understand what your were getting at with the golf cart yellow colors. Unless you were there and can see what they look like in person, who know whether the yellows are true to real life?
I have an eye, for color, and you can see one is fiberglass, and if vynal, one is faded the othr is not they show two diffrent shades of yellow and that says a lot with video, for example the IOS6 IP5, vs IOS5 IP4S/ IOS6 IP4S
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:41 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
There is also AVI FW, just hasn't been compiled for the v0.41 beta FW yet (coming after it gets out of beta statue).
is the avi highly compressed (ie mp4)? is it available now with any version that has variable resolution and video out? or must i wait?

unfortunately mov, recoding, and even retagging are not an option for me atm.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Quote:
Woof, Woof.

Golf car shows the power of the cam, yellow two differents. did not look anywhere near Honey mustard. Now only if we can go from .MOV to .MP4 format. becasue that to me is the next step for this cam.
Fishy,

There are two yellows. The roof is Krylon Fusion yellow and the one seat is simply what the seat cover was. They look like that in person.

.MOV format works fine.

Bill

Tom Frank,

The color saturation doesn't appear overdriven. Although that's a December last year #16 the lens and CMOS is a replacement.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
The GoPro is WAYAYAYAYYYYY too "warm" (yellow) to my eyes. Although it doesn't show the blue-to-gray color shift like the #16, it produces a blue-gray sky all the time due to the constant color "warmth" (to my eye....YEMV)
GoPro and Protunes (soon to be)Fw, you can quite tell how powerful the vids get. Great for HD explosive vids but not all the time,

The sky as showing nearly identical Monochrome/ gray. No matter what. I am sure other cams have more or less these challanges.

thanks

As some like this and that. it is a mixture of things that may be best.

Thanks Bill.
I notice detail and I enjoyed the shots. Gota great pooch there 16 wow.
Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 21, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,005 Posts
Quote:
I have an eye, for color, and you can see one is fiberglass, and if vynal, one is faded the othr is not they show two diffrent shades of yellow and that says a lot with video, for example the IOS6 IP5, vs IOS5 IP4S/ IOS6 IP4S
I could easily see the two shades of yellow. It was the reference to not looking like honey mustard that I did not understand. Maybe one or the other yellow really DOES look like honey mustard in person, and neither are true to life?

Anyway, it looks good, honey mustard or not.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Sep 21, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
18,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
is the avi highly compressed (ie mp4)? is it available now with any version that has variable resolution and video out? or must i wait?

unfortunately mov, recoding, and even retagging are not an option for me atm.
The AVI compession is the same as the MOV... just different containers to hold the video/audio streams.

Post #4 always has the latest FW for D/L. FW v0.36 is available in AVI output. It has the same options as v0.41 beta EXCEPT for the color enhancements in the Advanced Image TAB.

I hope you are only needing to play the AVI files, because you can't do any editing with them (not even trimming, if it cuts off the first frame).
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
I could easily see the two shades of yellow. It was the reference to not looking like honey mustard that I did not understand. Maybe one or the other yellow really DOES look like honey mustard in person, and neither are true to life?

Anyway, it look good, honey mustard or not.
Tom

I should not have said honey mustard, I wanted to say, a different shade of yellow with more orange in it, and I am still lost for that color , ty

have a good weekend.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
The AVI compession is the same as the MOV... just different containers to hold the video/audio streams.

Post #4 always has the latest FW for D/L. FW v0.36 is available in AVI output. It has the same options as v0.41 beta EXCEPT for the color enhancements in the Advanced Image TAB.

I hope you are only needing to play the AVI files, because you can't do any editing with them (not even trimming, if it cuts off the first frame).
problem solved. specially if the camera comes with v0.36. yes, play only. thanks.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,481 Posts
Quote:
That was my plan, but with the daylight setting engaged, the entire scene has a definitive yellow caston a sunny day. So when it records the sky, the yellow hue always makes the blue sky look gray! The daylight mode actually looks more natural with the cloudy day setting? I'll need to test those more thoroughly... maybe the cloudy and daylight settings are reversed?
That is progress! At least the colors were stable. That means the manual settings are locked, now to find the setting for daylight

I watched Fishycomics comparison with Gopro and agree the Gopro is shockingly warm. But that could be YouTube. I have done some before and after comparisons with other cameras where the after was my attempt to correct the color. The problem was that Youtube corrected the color of the "before" clip (without any input from me), and used the same key throughout. That made my corrected version look way off. So comparisons would be better viewed on Vimeo (as you often say )
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank you.

Gopro on top 808 bottom. a polar filter is on the gopro hope this helps out some. Into the sun Gopro is by far the better as filter helps out, the Lens B glares.

Keychain cam 808 go GWS flylite (6 min 1 sec)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,141 Posts
how many recording hours can one get on the 808 #16 V2 I ordered my 808 with a 16g card I figured the battery would go dead before it records past that amount of memory???
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:19 PM View Post
perfect watch
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.