SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
With Beta 41 one asked about sky color change? it still exists. proof is in the pudding if need todays sample.

W
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Check out this video on YouTube....
Wonderful!

Nice landing - brings to mind," Are we down yet?".

Gene K

P.S. Was this video taken last year, or is the Date/Time stamp incorrect?
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Which setting of camera do you use?
This one:
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:53 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
man I love tip vids. I always try to do a tip vid when I fly my radian. Just a really slick view !!

I LOVE how the music is synced to your maneuvers. did that just happen or were you listening to the song as you flew it ?
Man that was pure luck!

I just tossed that vid together in a few minutes using YouTube Editing Software. Fast n' simple. Just like I like it.

Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:54 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
running into a tiny bit of trouble updating firmware. not sure how to proceed since doing anything would violate the rules :-)

fully charged. copied new firmware to root of car naked.

unplugged from computer let unit turn off.

Pressed and held power button red light on wait wait yellow light on flash release power button.

quick yellow blinks nothing then slow flashing yellow

its been flashing slowly yellow a bit slower than once a second for 5 minutes now.

does it take this long? what do I do?

I got tired of waiting tapped power nothing tapped record it stopped blinking went to solid.

interesting. it was blinking because it was recording a flick. odd let me try that again.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Buzzed, those are really nice videos. Great work.
Thanks Bill.

I'm amazed at the quality, cost, and ease of use of my new key-chain cam.

Now I need to mount it on gliders, ducted fan jets, and my big gas Clipped Wing Cub.

More short videos to come!

Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Wonderful!

Nice landing - brings to mind," Are we down yet?".

Gene K

P.S. Was this video taken last year, or is the Date/Time stamp incorrect?
Just got the cam this past Saturday. I need to plug it into the PC and remove that time/date stamp. Really wish the default setting was Off.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:10 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
ok figured auto record was getting in the way ?? so I turned off auto record.

now copy firmware over. press and hold power red comes on yellow comes on but NEVER flashes. not even a blink. solid yellow. 10 second 60 seconds don't matter solid yellow. when I release power it goes red solid and STAYS red solid till I press the shutter button then it goes back to yellow and is now in standby. I know its in standby because it blinks slow yellow and creates a new flick.

suggestions? I am 99.99% sure its a proper #16v2 since I got it from the ele suggested vendor.

not sure what to do at this point. firmware file is still on the memory card and appears to do nothing to impeded operation of the unit as if its flat out ignoring it.

suggestions?
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
Does the 808 #16 D lens go through the battery quickly? There have been a few times last week where I wanted to record something and the battery was or died on me. Last night was the second time but it was a cool evening and it was four or five days since I've charged it.
The lens doesn't have that much influence on battery life. Lots of detail in the vids, cooler temps, and failure to charge after use DO, however!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,724 Posts
Quote:
I max at 35minutes. my old #11 would go close to 1 hour.

so far 3 #16's and both top out around 35 minutes. got a third on the way will see if that one does the same.
Do you have video-out turned on or 10Mbps data rate selected? Those will diminish recording time.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:36 PM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
not sure what to do at this point. firmware file is still on the memory card and appears to do nothing to impeded operation of the unit as if its flat out ignoring it.

suggestions?
Sorry if this is a really daft question, but did you remember to unzip the firmware before you put it on the card?
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Hi there! Maybe not great idea nor best reply, but Ive being thinking for some time now (smoke), The GUI Software could have some sort of battery meter, like available charge, estimated battery time left with current settings, etc.. You get mi point?!

Thank you all (developers and posters) for your great work and help.

Vincent.
Vincevil is offline Find More Posts by Vincevil
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:45 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,724 Posts
Quote:
ok figured auto record was getting in the way ?? so I turned off auto record.

now copy firmware over. press and hold power red comes on yellow comes on but NEVER flashes. not even a blink. solid yellow. 10 second 60 seconds don't matter solid yellow. when I release power it goes red solid and STAYS red solid till I press the shutter button then it goes back to yellow and is now in standby. I know its in standby because it blinks slow yellow and creates a new flick.

suggestions? I am 99.99% sure its a proper #16v2 since I got it from the ele suggested vendor.

suggestions?
When flashing in new FW, you should NEVER have to press and hold the power button. One brief press of the power button (about 1/2 sec.) will start loading the FW (and flashing the yellow LED) if it's in the card root directory. The red LED should not come on at all, until the very end with V2 cameras (with a very brief flash after about 10 sec.), and never on the V1 cameras.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
@vincevil: I very much doubt that is possible, the board would need to be designed and components added in order to provide information about the battery.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:53 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincevil View Post
Hi there! Maybe not great idea nor best reply, but Ive being thinking for some time now (smoke), The GUI Software could have some sort of battery meter, like available charge, estimated battery time left with current settings, etc.. You get mi point?!

Thank you all (developers and posters) for your great work and help.

Vincent.
The GUI can't add a feature that the camera does not support. Long ago it was discussed about having the LED flash 1-3 times on power up to indicate the APPROXIMATE battery charge, but that was never implemented. There's too much LED activity as is, plus this might only be possible based on battery voltage, but that is not a reliable indicator of battery life. Lipo batteries that are deficient can still charge up to full voltage, but can drop voltage rapidly under load. So battery voltage is not a reliable indicator of the batteries remaining recording ability. Yes, many devices use this anyway (e.g. "bars" in a cell phone display screen), but it only works well with a healthy battery. The simplest remedy is to ALWAYS charge your camera after EVERY use, or keep track of the recording time when not possible to charge.