HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadescedric View Post
Can you help me please?
If I remember correctly your problem was a recording time of 15 minutes.

Please follow these instructions exactly and tell us your results.
1. Make sure you have v0.41 firmware loaded and are using the latest GUI v3.0.1.2.
2. Using the GUI, In-Camera format your card.
3. Using the GUI, set the default values (Valeurs par défaut)) and make sure that Video-Out (Sortie vidéo TV) is OFF.
4. Disconnect your camera.
5. Start recording and now connect your camera to an external power supply or your PC.

Wait until your card is full (4GB = ~70 minutes).
Check the file lengths. If they are correct, there is a problem with your battery. If you only have a 15 minutes video, then you may have a problem with your card.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
The config file came straight from my camera this morning!

I expect current cameras from eletoponline365 will come with v0.36 because v0.41 is only 6 days old and still BETA. I don't think it really matters though. Video-out will almost certainly NOT be enabled.
aha.. that explains why the info was missing. so hopefully the same commands will work with v0.36. im not sure what advantage there is to v0.41. moocho grassy ass for the help.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
aha.. that explains why the info was missing. so hopefully the same commands will work with v0.36. im not sure what advantage there is to v0.41. moocho grassy ass for the help.
Yes, you can use the v0.41 configuration file on your v0.36. v0.36 will ignore the additional parameters.

V0.41 is a MAJOR leap forwards! Obviously if you aren't using Windows it won't be so major to you, but it still does have the +3000 color adjustment capability.
The plug-and-play is really fantastic and makes everything so much easier. Once you've used it, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it, at least that's the way I feel.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
im going to try using whatever version comes on the camera first. then probably upgrade after phase 1 of my project is complete. it involves flight of several hours so i need long record time (640 res) and aforementioned fpv. thanks for the help.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Incompatible Flash Card Testers Needed

Many have found their camera stop recording very shortly after starting a recording with certain flash memory cards (most are CL6 - CL10 cards - see list of known problem cards linked in the FAQs (post #3).

I have a beta FW for testing that has shown to have fixed this bug in limited testing by the developer. More tests are needed before this fix can go out of beta status. All my cards have worked, so I'm requesting those with problem cards that show this abrupt recording termination issue contact me by PM if they would like to test the new FW.

A PM with your email address is needed so I can send you the FW. And I'll need your reply back soon after testing giving your findings and what brand, speed class, and capacity problem cards you used in your tests.

When we get enough confirmation this fix is a good one, the FW will be updated and released.

Thanks in advance to all volunteers.

To avoid duplicate testing, here's a list I'll keep updated of problem cards that are now functional with the new code:

4GB Capacity
• Silicon Power 4GB Class 10 - Now works!
• 32 GB PNY CL 4 - newly report problem card - Now works!

8GB Capacity
• HP 8GB class 10
• Kingston 8GB Class 10 - But successful here and here.
• PNY 8 GB Class 10 - In camera formatting not possible with this card

16GB Capacity
• Kingston 16 GB Class 10 - Now works!
• Mustang 16GB Class 10
• Samsung 16GB Class 6
• Samsung 16GB Class 10 but works here. - Now works.
• Sandisk 16GB Class 4 cards - See comments above/below - do not use
• Transcend 16GB Class 6
• Traxdata 16GB Class 6

32GB Capacity
• Kingston 32GB Class 10 - Now works!
• Lexar 32GB Class 10
• PNY 32GB Class 10

And I should also ask if any cards that work with the all the past FW suddenly stop working with the new code! We don't want to fix one problem and create new ones. No need to report cards that work with the new code... just one's that have always worked, but no long work with the new code.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Sep 23, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
ive read post #1-#5 but aside from small reference to video out saw no details. did i miss something? and gui is not an option for me due to resource issues. i really need a low res (640) camera for fpv.

so my question is can video out on #16 v2 be enabled via txt file? any info on how? what is the default?
I guess you finally got the information you needed, but it was there in post#4, which covers in great detail how to toggle the settings manually. The sample config file posted there is an older one, and I got tired of making a new .jpg image with all the highlights everytime the FW was updated, so I added the last sentence in the note under the image (not underlined there):

"Note: Values used by the camera are in highlighted in the square brackets. The portion underlined in red is NOT part of the config file. The highlighted text with question marks can be used for the date/time value to keep the camera's current date/time settings. Additional functions have also been added in firmware updates, but the manual editing is similar"

Maybe when the FW is mature with no new functions possible, I'll update the text file screen shot!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:58 AM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Oignies
Joined Dec 2008
28 Posts
hello,
I updated the firmware with "New MOV v0.41 BETA FW"
Woahhhh!! It's very simple to use, I can choose contrast, saturation, color and more!!
Thank you very very very much!! The best firmware and Nr16setup than ever!

I made some video test, it is incredible!
I wonder how I managed without it before.
I am very happy, you are an excellent team!!
flahut59 is offline Find More Posts by flahut59
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I guess you finally got the information you needed, but it was there in post#4, which covers in great detail how to toggle the settings manually.
i had no confusion over the config or update process having done both many times. my question was specific to the video out enable. rubbing alcohol guy fixed me up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Maybe when the FW is mature with no new functions possible, I'll update the text file screen shot!
yes, good idea to update for those of us that need the video out feature. looks like it was the same for earlier versions. thanks for taking the time to create and update these excellent resources.

ive read post 1-5 for all 3 threads (again) but my head is spinning. can you summarize practical differences between #16 and #18 for someone like me who needs lowest resolution and video out? are there any other choices? 40 bucks best im gonna do?
Last edited by dave1993; Sep 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: video not vieo
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:17 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphman View Post
Thanks for reply and video. I have a #3 (with removed IR filter) but would like to try out a #16 with wide-angle lens (model D). Does anyone, by chance, know whether the IR filter is on the front or on the rear on the lens D?
It's a square filter glass in the back of the lens. Very easy to remove, its held in with 4 micro dots of adhesive. It is thin though, so handle with care.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
Deutschland, HE
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
no more neccesary, sorry
welcome99 is offline Find More Posts by welcome99
Last edited by welcome99; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
i had no confusion over the config or update process having done both many times. my question was specific to the video out enable. rubbing alcohol guy fixed me up there.
I thought once you download the config file to your memory card and look at the settings, it would be pretty obvious which function key toggles the video out on/off. Or maybe not?

"TV out=[0];set Tv out;0,off;1,on"
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
yeah. if i looked at the the file it would be obvious. but since i dont have one yet it seemed like a good idea to research before blowing the big bucks. most of my couple dozen key and gum cams so far are in the $5-$10 range. im still not sure what the practical difference is between #16 and #18 or any others. my goal is cheapest camera with lowest resolution and video out.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:

yes, good idea to update for those of us that need the video out feature. looks like it was the same for earlier versions. thanks for taking the time to create and update these excellent resources.

ive read post 1-5 for all 3 threads (again) but my head is spinning. can you summarize practical differences between #16 and #18 for someone like me who needs lowest resolution and video out? are there any other choices? 40 bucks best im gonna do?
There MAY be one of the MANY older 808SD cameras that have video out. You can check this site for current information... I don't follow those any more. I don't know of any other alternatives meeting your requirements, but the #16 can also have the recorded video toggled to 640x480 if you want. The #18 can't do that, nor can it do most of the other feature toggles of the #16. And to change any simple function with the #18, like turn the date display on/off, it's necessary to flash in new firmware (no easy to use config text file). They both use the same CMOS imager and GPU, but different lenses. Video color qualities are fixed on the #18, user variable on the #16 now with the latest 0.41FW.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,040 Posts
well that definitely narrows the choice. and since i cant afford to gamble theres no sense looking for others. thanks for the input.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Yes, you can use the v0.41 configuration file on your v0.36. v0.36 will ignore the additional parameters.

V0.41 is a MAJOR leap forwards! Obviously if you aren't using Windows it won't be so major to you, but it still does have the +3000 color adjustment capability.
The plug-and-play is really fantastic and makes everything so much easier. Once you've used it, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it, at least that's the way I feel.
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn