watch in 1080p!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdhECSaLq64

source videos are by 74aleksas
editing by me as a test to learn sony vegas
enjoyy :P

for those that get dizzy there is a simpler no effect comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krcB8sDk59Q
akaloith is offline Find More Posts by akaloith
Last edited by akaloith; Sep 11, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Thanks for the video. I think for Car DVR is better to use the B Lens even the angle is smaller because:
- is better if you want to see the car number plates which can be very important thing
- I see the image is brighter and I suppose on night driving the image will be better

Also I like more the correct image from Lens B and also I don't like that "pipe" camera style from lens D.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Oignies
Joined Dec 2008
36 Posts
Hello,
I have the 808#16 v1
Is it possible to only change the Lens (A) for Lens B or Lens D ??
Where can I find those Lens (B and D) without 808#16 ?
Thanks for help
flahut59 is offline Find More Posts by flahut59
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flahut59 View Post
Hello,
I have the 808#16 v1
Is it possible to only change the Lens (A) for Lens B or Lens D ??
Where can I find those Lens (B and D) without 808#16 ?
Thanks for help
Ask seller in POST 1, 2, 3 we all forget Lol

serious also ask Seller that Just posted by ZToms permission

Originally Posted by novotm

I currently have about 20 #16 lens A cameras in stock. I'm located in the U.S., and offer a 1 day handling time. I also have some lens B modules in stock as well. Please check out my eBay store at http://stores.ebay.com/novotm.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:23 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Ask seller in POST 1, 2, 3 we all forget Lol

serious also ask Seller that Just posted by ZToms permission

Originally Posted by novotm

I currently have about 20 #16 lens A cameras in stock. I'm located in the U.S., and offer a 1 day handling time. I also have some lens B modules in stock as well. Please check out my eBay store at http://stores.ebay.com/novotm.
flahut59 is in France, so it would be just as quick (and cheaper) to get lens modules direct from the sellers listed in Post 2 (especially as Novotm doesn't ship outside the US).
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
flahut59 is in France, so it would be just as quick (and cheaper) to get lens modules direct from the sellers listed in Post 2 (especially as Novotm doesn't ship outside the US).
Absolutely why I commented
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:31 AM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Oignies
Joined Dec 2008
36 Posts
Thanks all
Novotm currently has 0 item in shop and does not ship out of USA
I will take a look in post #2
Thanks again for help :-)
flahut59 is offline Find More Posts by flahut59
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Your problem has nothing to do with the GUI, it's an operator mistake

Do this:
Format your card using the in-camera formatting routine (see the help).
With the camera still disconnected, press the shutter button and keep it pressed.
Now also press the power button and keep both buttons pressed for about 10 seconds until all the LEDs are off. Now you can release both buttons.
Start the GUI.
Connect the camera and turn it on.
Wait until the camera is recognized. You will see the firmware version and configuration - guaranteed!

If you blunder, start from scratch - don't try and take any short cuts.
hi isoprop, yes i've done all that and have been able to access the gui as you say. but the next time i plug the cam in and use try to use the gui i get the same message again and have to run thru the whole sequence again and that happens every time. i dont get this problem with the previous gui. also seem to have lost the blinking led when recording. gui says its on but it only lights at record start and record pause. neither gui seems to be able to reactivate the led option. nothings changed in the way of sd card or anything so i'm at a loss for explanation.
brianvc is offline Find More Posts by brianvc
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Your problem has nothing to do with the GUI, it's an operator mistake

Do this:
Format your card using the in-camera formatting routine (see the help).
With the camera still disconnected, press the shutter button and keep it pressed.
Now also press the power button and keep both buttons pressed for about 10 seconds until all the LEDs are off. Now you can release both buttons.
Start the GUI.
Connect the camera and turn it on.
Wait until the camera is recognized. You will see the firmware version and configuration - guaranteed!

If you blunder, start from scratch - don't try and take any short cuts.
hi again, it seems that the newer gui needs the cam config file in the root dir of the sd card, the previous gui doesn't have this requirement and will operate even on a freshly formatted blank card.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:03 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvc View Post
hi again, it seems that the newer gui needs the cam config file in the root dir of the sd card, the previous gui doesn't have this requirement and will operate even on a freshly formatted blank card.
The newer GUI is improved so that ONLY those camera options that your FW supports will be displayed, and to do that it needs to know what FW your camera has in it. That's why the config file needs to be on the SD card now, and the GUI tells you EXACTLY what to do when you run it if that file is not on the card. It should not be a surprise if you just read the screen information and follow the instructions!

FWIW, significant improvements are about to be posted that will make all this a thing of the past.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Sep 2011
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The newer GUI is improved so that ONLY those camera options that your FW supports will be displayed, and to do that it needs to know what FW your camera has in it. That's why the config file needs to be on the SD card now, and the GUI tells you EXACTLY what to do when you run it if that file is not on the card. It should not be a surprise if you just read the screen information and follow the instructions!

FWIW, significant improvements are about to be posted that will make all this a thing of the past.
hi, yes i've sussed that but something weird is going on. i created the file on the card but when the gui reads it it always shows set date/ time as on when if you read the text file it clearly shows it as off. the older gui picks up the settings correctly when you click on cam, the new one in my case always gets the time date setting as on and i now have the record led working. think i'll stick with the older gui the new one is giving me too much hassle.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flahut59 View Post
Thanks all
Novotm currently has 0 item in shop and does not ship out of USA
I will take a look in post #2
Thanks again for help :-)
Talk to Mary of elctoponline365 seller e dry thing they sell is covered and a warranty may be taken out. Always found on post 2
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Hi all, here is my test video
Mini DVR 808 #16 V2 -Lens D (wide) Car Key Chain (1 min 40 sec)

Night Test mini dvr 808 # 16 Car Key Chain (0 min 57 sec)

small test - comparison 808 #16 mini camera with lens B and D (2 min 59 sec)
74aleksas is offline Find More Posts by 74aleksas
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvc View Post
hi, yes i've sussed that but something weird is going on. i created the file on the card but when the gui reads it it always shows set date/ time as on when if you read the text file it clearly shows it as off. the older gui picks up the settings correctly when you click on cam, the new one in my case always gets the time date setting as on and i now have the record led working. think i'll stick with the older gui the new one is giving me too much hassle.
There is absolutely no difference in all the GUIs released to date with respect to reading the file. If you get the incorrect values either you haven't prepared your camera or the config file is missing on your card for some other reason. Remember that every time you do the key presses you alternate between reading (deleting) and writing (creating) a configuration file. The config file must be on the card, in the root directory, for the GUI to work properly. This has always been the case.

If you still have difficulties, wait just a little bit longer like Tom has hinted and it will hopefully be easy to solve your problems.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
some people need to be reminded, pay a little extra but you get it a week faster. your support will be with the seller and you truely want support with the orginal as they offer a warranty today for a few dollars more think hard. Eitehr way the selelrs are both great people enjoy
Fishy :-
Where do they offer to charge for a warentee?
Is this a new thing from the Standard Sellers in China that only you know about, or something from the US importer who posted here recently ???
You just don't define who "they" are, but you imply more than one They.
Has the Developer released their failure rate statistics to you personally, because I've not seen any mention of the High Failure Rate that warrents your "you truely want support" statement.
Please expand/clarify.
T.I.A. Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee