HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:47 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
regardless of the relative difference in how we see and perceive colors the #16 does NOT record colors even CLOSE to "true to life" that much is clear to me.

its not bad. I LOVE the video I get from mine I am very happy. but the colors "ARE" way off.

the #11 is ALSO not true to life but its "closer" and the way its off "tends" to be less annoying to people.

I am looking forward to the update to allow us to tweak the color etc..
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I swear I remember reading that you live in the LA area, everything okay for you after Isaac?
You know best
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Aug 31, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Askvoll
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Hello from Norway

Is "digitaleleonline-yuanbin" also a serious and recognized trader on Ebay?

I ask because I've already ordered and dont want to get a fake... :-(

Thanks
Bigmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
Bigmic wrote:

"..I ask because I've already ordered and dont want to get a fake... :-(..."

The eBay listing has some some photos of the PCB that are pretty good, but you won't know if that is what inside the camera or not. So you can do an initial comparison with the known good ones but the moment of truth won't be until you have it in hand and can test and examine it.

Anything from China that sells well and/or becomes popular is also destined to become much copied, with varying degrees of accuracy, by other Chinamen it seems.

Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Your seller is not in our list, though the name is similar to one that is.
I do not want to frighten you, but there are some fake 16 out there.
When it arrives, try to Prepare the camera (see gui program instructions) and see if it produces a configuration file that the gui can recognise, and also open it up and compare the PCB with the pictures in the first few posts.
Please keep us informed.
Mike

I just got my camera. It looks as if it's not a fake. The board inside looks just like on the pictures.And I can configurate the camera with the Software too!

Here a test:
ingar (1 min 15 sec)

greez bigmic
Bigmic is offline Find More Posts by Bigmic
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:37 AM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,187 Posts
My first "hack" on the #16.
Really it was just cutting out some of the frame to lighten up the case a little.
My Ladybird could really tell the difference though.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 747Pilot; Aug 31, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
Webbex
United Kingdom, Shropshire
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
I now have all 3 types of #16 cameras in stock in the UK.

#16 v1 Lens A (Blue) = 70 degrees (no video out)
#16 v2 Lens B (Red) = 78 degrees (video out)
#16 v2 Lens D (Wide angle) = 120 degrees (video out)

Details here:

http://webbex.ecrater.co.uk/

(Thanks Tom for letting me post this here).
strettonbull is offline Find More Posts by strettonbull
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:42 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot View Post
My first "hack" Really just lightedned up the case a little. My Ladybird could really tell the difference.
ha ha... nice work
how is your quad going?

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Is a virus possible?

Acquired 808 #16 from eletoponline365. No memory card was included as expected. Running Windows 7 with McAfee Antivirus. Attached camera to computer via USB port to charge battery per instructions (still no card inserted as yet). McAfee does not complain.

Is it at all even remotely possible that a computer could get infected like this? Could there be anything executable in the firmware that could be pernicious?

Thanks for any response. Sorry if this question seems far out.
Julia V is offline Find More Posts by Julia V
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strettonbull View Post

Details here:

Reasonable price too. Have you thought about selling them with an sd card as a package? I know a lot of people have some kicking around but you might get less problems if you provide them with an option to buy a known good card.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Well, now that you asked... yes, there is, as clearly stated in post #1! This thread is in a forum dedicated to AP, and is hosted and paid for by RCGroups.com, an RC Hobby support group. Funding comes from vendors and manufacturers who sell products to RC hobbyists. This thread needs to be limited to that purpose... it's not a general #16 camera discussion blog, though we do try to help every one who is having trouble with the camera, and we maintain a firmware and camera GUI configuration tool download sites that every one can access.

Sometimes there are ideas or solutions useful in the RC AP segment from a cross-hobby segment, and those are OK as long as the thread doesn't go off on an unrelated tangent.. But many post are simply off-topic and people who come here expecting the discussion to be about RC AP use of this camera don't want the thread cluttered with those kinds of posts.

Unfortunately, Post #1 (and the several that follow) are often not read or simply ignored by new posters, even though the title line for this thread directs them there. And many first time posters ask questions that are answered there as well, so we see the same questions asked again and again. It makes for tedious and boring reading...
People build underwater ROVs all the time, people fly float planes, a person providing a link for a waterproofing solution for the camera is only providing helpful information. People saying that diving is unrelated don't help, and don't provide any information valuable to the topic at all.

You know what else makes for tedious reading? People making comments that in no way further any sort of discussion about the camera. The seller provides this link with every sale, how is someone supposed to know that they aren't actually allowed to use this forum without following a specific set of rules made by people that apparently think what they want is the most important thing in the universe?

I see very little of people trying to help others, which is what this hobby is all about to me, and a great deal of people acting like self entitled jerks, which the world has enough of already.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Last edited by skitchen8; Aug 31, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:29 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

You know best
Oh I guess I was wrong, for some reason I thought I remembered reading in the Champ thread you were in the LA/MS area. Sorry about that.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:

Details here:

This post is not about aerial photography... I see no reason this should be allowed here in a discussion that is not allowed to talk about anything but AP.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:44 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
330 Posts

Details here:

This post is not about aerial photography... I see no reason this should be allowed here in a discussion that is not allowed to talk about anything but AP.

IT SAYS...

It's Tom's thread and he says ok! And why not? There are a good few people on here who have asked if it would be possible to buy from other sources. Plus other named suppliers are listed in the FAQ's at the start of the thread.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:11 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
"Is it at all even remotely possible that a computer could get infected like this? Could there be anything executable in the firmware that could be pernicious?"

is it possible to infect your camera? no not really you could brick it but thats about it.

is it possible for the camera to infect YOU?

no the camera has no internal memory so there is nothing to "execute anything" from

if you DO insert a foreign memory card or storage medium into your computer that you are concerned with here is how you can do so safetly.

when you insert the device hold the "SHIFT" key down.

this "disables" auto run completely for whatever is installed while your holding shift. once its finished you can release and then "right click explore" the suspicious memory device so you can view its contents WITHOUT executing an "autorun" routine
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Oh I guess I was wrong, for some reason I thought I remembered reading in the Champ thread you were in the LA/MS area. Sorry about that.
you did not see me fly today. was up by you. and praying for the people in the LA and MS. Wish you u guys th best through Isac

As for the Video If we block the lens with a craft, this is what we expect constant shadow. not many like to show what we do beyond the limits with the cam.

Best ever end of the Summer flight. I could have should have, and did enjoy my Flight:

Sorry the location is OT.

Nevele grand opened 1904 flight (10 min 42 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Aug 31, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:59 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuricus View Post
Looks like Updated HD #18 Key Chain Video Camera Av-out Recorder H.264 MOV Spy Cam from hxelepro360 is MUCH better than #16 in terms of exposure handling!
No dark ground at all!

I really like it! (This one is with extra lens, and this is video of friend of mine).

Just switch music off!

robbeinsky (4 min 55 sec)

Any comment on shuricus' observation about the new #18 updated firmware in terms of exposure handling versus the #16? I felt like this post got lost among the chatter.

I am trying to decide between the #16 and #18. That video linked to above looks really good.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon