HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
1.) Yes.
2.) Yes. Two clips of exactly 20 minutes long each. This is why I am pretty sure something is wrong.
3.) I will repeat today with two of my cameras at once and post back.
4.) Yes.
5.) I did not format my card with the internal routine...but I used the official SDFormatter tool (SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC for Windows) from sdcard.org as I use with all of my SD cards for my cameras.

My settings from the tool are as follows.
Set Date/Time YES
Auto-Shutoff: 30 sec.
Time Stamp: Off
Audio: MEDIUM
Loop Recording: OFF
Video Clip Length: 20 min.
Recording Indicator: Off
Video Frame Size 1280x720 (30fps)
Video Data Rate: 7 Mbps

Kicking the test off now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
My first impression would be yes. But some questions...

1. Did you check the USB power supply to confirm it is working? (40 min. is about what the internal battery would do by itself).
2. Is the second clip EXACTLY 20 min. long? If external power was not working, it's highly unlikely the second clip would stop at EXACTLY 20:00 min.

If both above are true,
3. Can you repeat this test with the same camera and card?
4. Can you repeat this test with the other camera?
5. Did you try formatting the card with the in-camera formatting routine first?

Post what you find, please .
fway is offline Find More Posts by fway
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
I just received my #16 camera. Video looks good but it is in AVI format. I thought these cameras saved in MOV by default. How do I change the format to MOV? The configuration editor can change almost every attribute except the format.
jcallows is offline Find More Posts by jcallows
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:41 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcallows View Post
I just received my #16 camera. Video looks good but it is in AVI format. I thought these cameras saved in MOV by default. How do I change the format to MOV? The configuration editor can change almost every attribute except the format.
Go to Post #4 on the first page for and a copy of the correct .MOV firmware.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:29 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fway View Post
1.) Yes.
2.) Yes. Two clips of exactly 20 minutes long each. This is why I am pretty sure something is wrong.
4.) Yes.
5.) I did not format my card with the internal routine...but I used the official SDFormatter tool (SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC for Windows) from sdcard.org as I use with all of my SD cards for my cameras.

Set Date/Time YES

I'd also suggest you turn ON the recording indicator to see if it is still blinking after 40 minutes of recording time. If it is, the camera should still be trying to record and write to the card. If it isn't the camera has shut down for some reason.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
First, format your card using the in-camera formatting routine.

Then put a wrap of strong tape around the camera over the card to hold the flash card firmly in the socket. The shock load and vibration from your ride could jar the card momentarily and cause the recording to corrupt and/or stop. The tape will also keep the card from ejecting and being lost in case the catch should released from the vibration. Finally, turn ON the recording indicator so you can see if the camera is still trying to record when you shut it off.

Then, fully charge your camera (two hour minimum), go for another ride, and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
I noticed something similar with a 4gig card. I went to go mountain biking and started recording. After the 15min ride I turned the camera recording off. When I got home and downloaded the video I noticed that only about 30 seconds of recording took place and that was it. I also noticed that I had over 3gig free based on MS Explorer so I wasnt running of disk space. I'm going to go out and buy a new SD carb but was just wondering if anyone else is having same issue. I'm new and just wondering if I inadvertanly stoped recording somehow or if there is an actual issue. It would be good to know if others have a similar issue.

I used the GUI Config util and updated the firware to Micro DVR 2011/12/23 mov.v0.16

My settings are as follows.
Set Date/Time YES
Auto-Shutoff 30
Time Stamp On
Audio MEDIUM
Loop Recording OFF
Vido Clip Length 70MINS
Recording Indicator ON
Video Data Rate 7mbps
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Go to Post #4 on the first page for and a copy of the correct .MOV firmware.
Ok thanks, I'll check it out. I thought the AVI firmware was in beta and should not be used. Why was it factory installed in my camera? Did it just get out of beta?
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:43 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcallows View Post
Ok thanks, I'll check it out. I thought the AVI firmware was in beta and should not be used. Why was it factory installed in my camera? Did it just get out of beta?
No, they were installing and testing the cameras with both firmware before sending them out , but some got send out with the wrong firmware installed (per the vendor).

As soon as I know any new firmware is out of BETA, it will be made available here in post #4
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
No, they were installing and testing the cameras with both firmware before sending them out , but some got send out with the wrong firmware installed (per the vendor).

As soon as I know any new firmware is out of BETA, it will be made available here in post #4
Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:01 PM
808 lover
Espaņa, CT, Barcelona
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Someone said that a few posts ago but nobody said nothing I think.
For improving the colour hunting issues why not make a default white balance and then if the shot is for example very yellowish just correct it in an editing software? I would like there was such an option like : Static white balance yes/no.

Still waiting the #16 to come.
kasuno is offline Find More Posts by kasuno
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:06 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Tom,
Thanks for the advice. It turned out to be something with my SD Card. I took a closer look and it was a class 2. I just got back from the store and bought a class 10 16gb and took a 500mb video on the way home from the store. This camera is FANTASTIC I'm amazed at how good the video and audio quality is for such a tiny package. Next up mountain biking and bomb drop from my ultra stick :-)

Quote:
First, format your card using the in-camera formatting routine.

Then put a wrap of strong tape around the camera over the card to hold the flash card firmly in the socket. The shock load and vibration from your ride could jar the card momentarily and cause the recording to corrupt and/or stop. The tape will also keep the card from ejecting and being lost in case the catch should released from the vibration. Finally, turn ON the recording indicator so you can see if the camera is still trying to record when you shut it off.

Then, fully charge your camera (two hour minimum), go for another ride, and see what happens.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:17 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,911 Posts
Any chance of seeing a sample of the video from your ride home?

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
OK...I had no problems this time with either of my cameras. I had one set for 70 min. files and the other set to 20 min. as follows:

Date time=[2012/01/08-10:48:20];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss,
Movie resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:720p 30fps,1:wvga 30fps,2:vga 30fps,
Movie cycle time=[3];movie cycle time,0:5 minutes,1:20 minutes,2:40 minutes,3: 70 minutes,
movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off,0ff,1n,
Movie stamp=[0];set date / time stamp on or off,0ff,1n,
Movie sound=[2];set movie sound,0:mute,1:level 1,2:level 2,3:level 3,
LED=[0];set LED flicker when recording,0ff,1n,
Movie quality=[1];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:10 Mbps,1:7 Mbps,
Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0ff,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
{MicroDVR 2011/12/23 mov. v0.16}

Date time=[2012/01/08-11:13:58];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss,
Movie resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:720p 30fps,1:wvga 30fps,2:vga 30fps,
Movie cycle time=[1];movie cycle time,0:5 minutes,1:20 minutes,2:40 minutes,3: 70 minutes,
movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off,0ff,1n,
Movie stamp=[0];set date / time stamp on or off,0ff,1n,
Movie sound=[2];set movie sound,0:mute,1:level 1,2:level 2,3:level 3,
LED=[0];set LED flicker when recording,0ff,1n,
Movie quality=[1];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:10 Mbps,1:7 Mbps,
Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0ff,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
{MicroDVR 2011/12/23 mov. v0.16}

They both recorded until the 16GB disks were full (~5:12:29 of video @ 7 Mbps). FYI...all files are playable just fine (even the last one that completed as the disks filled to capacity. I think I may have had some kind of power supply problem with the first test. I used two different power supplies this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fway View Post
1.) Yes.
4.) Yes.

Set Date/Time YES

fway is offline Find More Posts by fway
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Searching the thread

Quote:
It's not possible for users to create a new Forum in this hosting software... only the web support people can do that, and I certainly don't want more threads on the #16, or I should say I won't try to help mange more than one.

I DO wish this hosting software allowed "Stickies" in threads that always appear at the top of the posts, so people will see them. But only Forums can have "stickies", not the individual threads in them.

The only way to group topics here is for a post to be reserved for a specific topic, like "Firmware" (see post #4 if you have checked it recently), and provide appropriate information and links to other posts there, like I am starting to do with the first 5 posts here. But then only one person can edit those posts, the originator who started it, and I only try to capture key information and FAQs, not every post about firmware. And lately with all the firmware testing, I haven't had time to capture a lot of good FAQs.

There is always the "Search this thread" button any one can use to list just posts with user specified key words. And the advanced search there can further filter by the users name, thread titles or body text, , etc., etc. I wonder how many people have even tried to use that to find things? I cringe when I see posts start with "I don't have time to read through the hundreds of post, so who can tell me blah, blah, blah...". To me, that's just being lazy... that's what the Search function is for!
Although I have been lurking for several months, this is my first post on this forum and I hope this will help other newbies.

If you are not logged into the forum, there is no search option on the top menu bar or anywhere else. I had searched for search buttons and couldn't see anything. After I logged in, the "Search" option appeared to the right of "Topics".

Also, the "Search this Thread" button only appears if you are using the "Beta style" and not the "Classic Style".

Maybe this accounts for the apparent laziness of new visitors.

Same applies to the #11 and 1080p threads.
I have not tried the "fluid width version".
AlanT602 is offline Find More Posts by AlanT602
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:56 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT602 View Post
Although I have been lurking for several months, this is my first post on this forum and I hope this will help other newbies.

If you are not logged into the forum, there is no search option on the top menu bar or anywhere else. I had searched for search buttons and couldn't see anything. After I logged in, the "Search" option appeared to the right of "Topics".

Also, the "Search this Thread" button only appears if you are using the "Beta style" and not the "Classic Style".

Maybe this accounts for the apparent laziness of new visitors.

Same applies to the #11 and 1080p threads.
I have not tried the "fluid width version".
It must be your browser. I see search on both version in IE8
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Ya thats strange, I have a search this thread button, and I have always run classic in i.e. xxx??no idea what i have now. but its i.e. o n w7
But thanks for pointing that out.!
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20