HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
49 Posts
Hello to everybody!
Do you know if the vignetting of lens B depends only by the plastic case? Can I eliminate this effect if I remove completely the plastic case?
Thanks
free.sky is offline Find More Posts by free.sky
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
Alex USA
usa.alex's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
511 Posts
Originally Posted by usa.alex
Hello,

I have a #16 camera - works fine, records nice video but:
Yesterday after I was recording my FPV experience, and tried to copy 3 video files on my hard drive,
only 1 of them went through. 2 video files are corrupted.

Tried to fix it over ScanDisk - no results.
Actually ScanDisk found some problems - fixed them but video files are damaged.
No chance to open them directly for memory card.

Memory card I have is: Samsung 8GB class 6
Card has been formatted using Camera format option. (fat32)

Did you guys experienced that issue ?
What can I do to get those videos and prevent this kind a problem in future ?

Thank you

BTW - I tried to use soft for #16 but it shows me : firmware ver not available.
Purchased from ebay seller : ahongliang99
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Batteries are ok.

I have 2 original and i made one with a nokia bl-4c. I've checked voltage with multimeter, all are near 3.9v

Now i don't remember which color blinks very rapidly, but i think is yellow and it's about 1 or 2 seconds... It's not 8 sec...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
All the same, I doubt if the camera is broken. Those CMOS ribbon cables are extremely fragile and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the wires have cracked. You can order a new lens from the original supplier if that proves to be the case.

If the green LED turns off, indicating the battery is fully charged, then at least you know the battery and USB cable (at least the +V and GND) are OK.

The first step is to install the latest firmware as I described in my previous post. Did that work correctly? Did you see the red LED flash very quickly after about 8 seconds?

Assuming the firmware update worked, what happens when you turn on the camera without the cable attached? Do you get the red LED that changes to yellow after about two seconds?
paraver is offline Find More Posts by paraver
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraver View Post
Batteries are ok.

I have 2 original and i made one with a nokia bl-4c. I've checked voltage with multimeter, all are near 3.9v

Now i don't remember which color blinks very rapidly, but i think is yellow and it's about 1 or 2 seconds... It's not 8 sec...
For unknown reasons this can happen sometimes, but the boot loader is not yet finished with the update!!!!!! You MUST WAIT 10 seconds after the yellow LED starts to blink, otherwise the firmware will not be updated correctly and the camera will not function correctly.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Originally Posted by usa.alex
Hello,

I have a #16 camera - works fine, records nice video but:
Yesterday after I was recording my FPV experience, and tried to copy 3 video files on my hard drive,
only 1 of them went through. 2 video files are corrupted.

Tried to fix it over ScanDisk - no results.
Actually ScanDisk found some problems - fixed them but video files are damaged.
No chance to open them directly for memory card.

Memory card I have is: Samsung 8GB class 6
Card has been formatted using Camera format option. (fat32)

Did you guys experienced that issue ?
What can I do to get those videos and prevent this kind a problem in future ?

Thank you

BTW - I tried to use soft for #16 but it shows me : firmware ver not available.
Purchased from ebay seller : ahongliang99
You must "prepare" your camera correctly before the program (GUI) will show you which version you have installed. Detailed instructions are shown on the screen where you see "Firmware version is Unknown".

Make sure you have the latest FW version (v0.36) installed.
Your Samsung 8GB class 6 is not yet listed on the list of problematic cards, so there is a 50% chance the card is not compatible.

Are you using external power supply? If yes, is it USB power or have you connected an external LIPO in place of the battery?
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I've tryed to wait longer and i can see a tiny blink of the red light after some seconds, but without any change to the camera behaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
For unknown reasons this can happen sometimes, but the boot loader is not yet finished with the update!!!!!! You MUST WAIT 10 seconds after the yellow LED starts to blink, otherwise the firmware will not be updated correctly and the camera will not function correctly.
paraver is offline Find More Posts by paraver
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraver View Post
I've tryed to wait longer and i can see a tiny blink of the red light after some seconds, but without any change to the camera behaver.
If you see the very short blink of the red LED after about 8 seconds it indicates the firmware is correctly installed and the camera is theoretically working.

What happens if you remove the card and turn on the camera?
Does the yellow LED blink slowly?

What happens if you insert a freshly formatted card and turn on the camera?
Does the red LED turn on, and then after 1 second the yellow LED turns on?
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
So firmware is ok.

After removing the card and reboot camera i get the yellow steady light and no record or usb or anything else. Just like was before fw update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
If you see the very short blink of the red LED after about 8 seconds it indicates the firmware is correctly installed and the camera is theoretically working.

What happens if you remove the card and turn on the camera?
Does the yellow LED blink slowly?

What happens if you insert a freshly formatted card and turn on the camera?
Does the red LED turn on, and then after 1 second the yellow LED turns on?
paraver is offline Find More Posts by paraver
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedRobot View Post
Hi, allow me to clarify. I want to run a few cameras simultaneously, and PLAY THEM ALL BACK simultaneously - all at the same time, for the duration of the clips. So I don't want to edit in between them, I want to play them all in their entirety, from the instant I start recording, until i stop. And I want them all to be exactly the same length - I don't want any missing frames, resulting in different videos being different lengths.

I hope that clarifies things
They will do that just fine, however I don't know how you intent to switch them all on at the exact same time.

Still that's your problem...
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:58 PM
Alex USA
usa.alex's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You must "prepare" your camera correctly before the program (GUI) will show you which version you have installed. Detailed instructions are shown on the screen where you see "Firmware version is Unknown".

Make sure you have the latest FW version (v0.36) installed.
Your Samsung 8GB class 6 is not yet listed on the list of problematic cards, so there is a 50% chance the card is not compatible.

Are you using external power supply? If yes, is it USB power or have you connected an external LIPO in place of the battery?
Yes I "prepared" camera for GUI - it doesn't recognize firmware.

BTW - I'll try different memory card later on. I do have one - 8 GB china made in china by china.

Thanks
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
Registered User
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
693 Posts
Did it create a config file in the root of the mem card?
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:51 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.sky View Post
Hello to everybody!
Do you know if the vignetting of lens B depends only by the plastic case? Can I eliminate this effect if I remove completely the plastic case?
Thanks
It's not the case... it's the lens (assuming the lens is centered in the case hole). I've tested without the case.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Yes I "prepared" camera for GUI - it doesn't recognize firmware.

BTW - I'll try different memory card later on. I do have one - 8 GB china made in china by china.

Thanks
If you prepared the camera properly but there is no SYSCFG.TXT in the root directory, you don't have a #16!

Repeat the process one more time to be sure.
If the SYSCFG.TXT file is in the root directory but the GUI doesn't find the firmware, then you have a defective USB cable.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Märsta
Joined Feb 2010
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Originally Posted by usa.alex
Hello,

I have a #16 camera - works fine, records nice video but:
Yesterday after I was recording my FPV experience, and tried to copy 3 video files on my hard drive,
only 1 of them went through. 2 video files are corrupted.
...
Memory card I have is: Samsung 8GB class 6
Card has been formatted using Camera format option. (fat32)

Did you guys experienced that issue ?
Hmm I'm using the sameSamsung 8gb class 6 card, I have also experienced corrupt video, on both my 808#16 cameras and a friend using the same card have also seen corrupt video. Damn... I don't want to blame the Samsung card just yet but maybe issue a cautious warning at least... I'll try another card.
Bjosta is offline Find More Posts by Bjosta
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:38 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.sky View Post
Hello to everybody!
Do you know if the vignetting of lens B depends only by the plastic case? Can I eliminate this effect if I remove completely the plastic case?
Thanks
You just posted this same question several posts prior, and I answered it. Please read the posts since you last visit when you log on. There's a link for this in the upper left header area.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The REAL (#11) HD Key Cam Thread (PLEASE! READ POSTS #1-#3 BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 9936 Feb 11, 2014 09:56 AM
Discussion Looking to buy #11 HD Key Cam within US Abolfazl Aerial Photography 1 Feb 14, 2012 01:59 AM
Poll Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users Tom Frank Aerial Photography 0 Sep 25, 2011 11:55 PM
Discussion New HD Key Cam CHAMP? 1080x720p 3 HOUR RECORD TIME! Jaybee Aerial Photography 4 Jun 02, 2011 11:39 AM