Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foufly View Post
I have the #16 - spent a lot of time trying to make it record more than 20 mins, set it up and apparently its registered, but it just goes on doing 4 or 5 , 5 min vids.
Any advice appreciated§
Do you have loop recording turned on? That only works with the five minutes option and will always switch to the five minute option. Turn it off if you want 20/40/70 minutes.
irononreverse is online now Find More Posts by irononreverse
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
I have the #16 - spent a lot of time trying to make it record more than 20 mins, set it up and apparently its registered, but it just goes on doing 4 or 5 , 5 min vids.
Any advice appreciated§

what Firmware are you running, I am having a similar problem but even outside of loop mode my camera just stop recording at the pre-set clip time, in essence it wont create a new clip after the first one, it just shuts down even when in 20min, 40min and 70min mode..........maybe it a problem with FW 0.32.

try find out what firmware you are running.....

here is my original post that has not got any replies as of yet....

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my 808 #16. I use the GUI to config the setting and every setting works except it wont loop record for me. As 5 mins is the max recording in loop mode, it just shuts down after 5 mins and stops recording.

I am running the FW that came on the camera V0.32, and i formatted the microSD in the camera, every other setting works fine except for loop. It stops recording after 5mins and does not create a new file. I 'prepared' the camera as per the instruction on the GUI.

All other record modes work, such as 20mins and 70mins. Record indicator works fine too, audio on/off works, time and date are all perfect, for what ever reason in loop mode it stops recording after the first five minutes..... I really need some help here!!

Anyone got any hints to overcome this? I really need to use loop mode!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy.

UPDATE : after some testing today it seems the camera wont create a new clip file in ALL record modes,
so in 20mins clip mode it stops recording after 20mins
in 70mins clip mode it stop recording after the 70mins

anyone have any ideas why it wont create a new file?? the memory card is a brand new and formatted in the camera and it works great otherwise than shutting off at the pre-set time.....
jimmyirish is offline Find More Posts by jimmyirish
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:40 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Any advice appreciated§
Maybe this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1706
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyirish View Post
what Firmware are you running, I am having a similar problem but even outside of loop mode my camera just stop recording at the pre-set clip time, in essence it wont create a new clip after the first one, it just shuts down even when in 20min, 40min and 70min mode..........maybe it a problem with FW 0.32.

try find out what firmware you are running.....

here is my original post that has not got any replies as of yet....

Hi guys,
I am having a problem with my 808 #16. I use the GUI to config the setting and every setting works except it wont loop record for me. As 5 mins is the max recording in loop mode, it just shuts down after 5 mins and stops recording.

I am running the FW that came on the camera V0.32, and i formatted the microSD in the camera, every other setting works fine except for loop. It stops recording after 5mins and does not create a new file. I 'prepared' the camera as per the instruction on the GUI.

All other record modes work, such as 20mins and 70mins. Record indicator works fine too, audio on/off works, time and date are all perfect, for what ever reason in loop mode it stops recording after the first five minutes..... I really need some help here!!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy.

UPDATE : after some testing today it seems the camera wont create a new clip file in ALL record modes,

anyone have any ideas why it wont create a new file?? the memory card is a brand new and formatted in the camera and it works great otherwise than shutting off at the pre-set time.....
I have four of #16 808 and they all work just fine. (loop and set time)
If you have problems, try the following.

1- Put on the latest firmware.
2- Make sure you are using a good quality class 4 to class 6 card (cheap cards and faster class do not seem to work reliably)
3- Format the cards using the "in-camera method" ( i.e.NOT using the PC)
4- Use the GUI method of setting the pre-sets.
5- Try the camera to make sure the presets are set.

If you have done all the above I would suggest you have a faulty camera, last resort send it back and get a new one, but first change the memory card and try again. The memory cards are generally the cause of any problems.

regards.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Last edited by VideoKing; Aug 05, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
I have four of #16 808 and they all work just fine. (loop and set time)
If you have problems, try the following.

1- Put on the latest firmware.
2- Make sure you are using a good quality class 4 to class 6 card (cheap cards and faster class do not seem to work reliably)
3- Format the cards using the "in-camera method" ( i.e.NOT using the PC)
4- Use the GUI method of setting the pre-sets.
5- Re-read the camera to make sure the presets are set.

If you have done all the above I would suggest you have a faulty camera, last resort send it back and get a new one, but first change the memory card and try again. The memory cards are generally the cause of any problems.

regards.
Hi, thanks for your reply,
My SD card is 8gb brand new class4, sandisk, it works great,
I have formatted it using in camera method,
I always use the GUI to config,
I read the config file and all presets are accuarate,

The issue it it wont create a new file, after the first video clip ends, so in 20mins mode it records 20 mins and stops. In 40mins mode it records 40mins and stop and so on.......it wont recored continous and make new files.

I guess maybe its an issue with FW 0.32? Last option is to update the FW but i wanted to know if people had other solutions or had similar problems before i did that
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
I just tried a 32GB class 6 memory card and the same thing happens, so therefore it would seem the issue is NOT with the memory card.......
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
I just tried a 32GB class 6 memory card and the same thing happens, so therefore it would seem the issue is NOT with the memory card.......
Update the firmware and get back to us
lobbers is online now Find More Posts by lobbers
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:48 AM
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Hi, thanks for your reply,
My SD card is 8gb brand new class4, sandisk, it works great,
I have formatted it using in camera method,
I always use the GUI to config,
I read the config file and all presets are accuarate,

The issue it it wont create a new file, after the first video clip ends, so in 20mins mode it records 20 mins and stops. In 40mins mode it records 40mins and stop and so on.......it wont recored continous and make new files.

I guess maybe its an issue with FW 0.32? Last option is to update the FW but i wanted to know if people had other solutions or had similar problems before i did that
I'm using the latest 0.36 (MOV) firmware so give that a try.

Though I cant say I've had any trouble with any of the firmwares with regard to the "loop mode"

I've just re-read you previous post. You WONT get looped 20 or 40 or 70 files.
It ONLY loops with 5 minute files. Once you set the "LOOP" in the configuration file all the other time setting should be greyed out so you cant set them.

Regards
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
I'm using the latest 0.36 (MOV) firmware so give that a try.

Though I cant say I've had any trouble with any of the firmwares with regard to the "loop mode"

I've just re-read you previous post. You WONT get looped 20 or 40 or 70 files.
It ONLY loops with 5 minute files. Once you set the "LOOP" in the configuration file all the other time setting should be greyed out so you cant set them.

Regards
yes i know looped doesnt work in 20mins and 40mins, but in those modes it shut down after that set time,

Anyway, firmware update seem to have done the trick, 5mins files now cycling in loop mode!!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:00 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
what happened to that awesome post by tom frank in the last day?? .... opened mine up again .. got hynix memory ... cant remember does that mean v1 or v2
redline022 is online now Find More Posts by redline022
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline022 View Post
what happened to that awesome post by tom frank in the last day?? .... opened mine up again .. got hynix memory ... cant remember does that mean v1 or v2
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7282

or use the search tool.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...96&query=hynix
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
yes i know looped doesnt work in 20mins and 40mins, but in those modes it shut down after that set time,

Anyway, firmware update seem to have done the trick, 5mins files now cycling in loop mode!!
Glad you're up and running.....
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:23 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
815 Posts
#16 V 2 heat

I rc'd my # 16 v2 from Eeletop~ last week , Went thru Iso and TF's procedure for setting up the class 4 card [transcend]
Took it with me to Family reunion to try it out - turned it on then pushed shutter button and it immediatley started getting VERY WARM too warm

Attempted to cut if off with power button , but was not getting any lights and it stayed warm! for some time before it cooled off .????

My version 1 # 16 works just fine, amazed at how good the vid came out , quality of pict etc

Later on

I went back from step one , going thru the process of setting up /config etc and found the short test vids and two still shots ? Tried another test vid and it came out ok , so did the IN camera Format and now seems to be working properly - Not sure what caused it to heat up so much

................te
Tom Eutsler is offline Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Last edited by Tom Eutsler; Aug 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: config
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,089 Posts
Finally got my #16 v2 I shouldnt say finally.. It got here pretty quick, I am just impatient. I have updated to the latest avi firmware and love this thing. I had read in a few different places conflicting information about the two different video formats.. I know avi allows for almost continuous loop recording but is there a difference in quality between the two? I read arguments for both sides and just couldnt come up with a solid answer. Also, I love this thing already

Just wanted to say thank you to the developers and contributors in this thread! So.. Thanks for all your hard work!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy.

In the meantime I gather your camera is up and working again.

Although already posted many times, it seems people miss the importance of always installing the latest firmware.

If you have problems with the camera, always install the latest firmware release. New updates usually correct previous bugs but they may also introduce new, useful, features.

A note about the update. Sometimes the yellow LED stops flashing after 3-4 seconds - the update process is not yet finished!! Always allow the update process 10 seconds to finish. You will most probably notice a very short flash of the red LED when the update process is finished.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop