HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my 808 #16. I use the GUI to config the setting and every setting works except it wont loop record for me. As 5mins in the max recording in loop mode, it just shuts down after 5 mins and stop recording.

Anyone got any hints to overcome this? I really need to use loop mode!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy.
jimmyirish is offline Find More Posts by jimmyirish
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:58 AM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotografie View Post
Does anyone have a picture they can share showing how this is mounted?
This iis the mount for the jumbo #11 camera, but I think the mount is the same for the keychain... At least the screws and the mount itself look the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-handleb...item2572b0c19b
CalvinHob is offline Find More Posts by CalvinHob
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
I fly 2, 3, & 4 line stunt kites so my 808 mounting experience may not apply. My kites have a center spar from top to bottom. At the bottom the spar slides into a nylon heavy web material. I sewed an elastic "pocket" to this web material so the camera easily slides in and out of the pocket, but the elastic is tight enough that it wont come out, even under heavy g's. The cam points straight down the spar so at launch it points straight down only a few inches off the ground. At high altitude it points nearly horizontal directly away from me. During ground passes it points horizontally level with the ground and in dives it points opposite of the launch to high altitude. Regardless of how you mount it, don't forget the safety tether. I threw mine about 90 yards one time.
Thank you so much for the info and thanks for the awesome video! That's REALLY inspiring stuff.

Do you have any closeup pictures of your elastic pocket that you sewed into the material? I'd be curious to see what that actually looks like. However, thanks also for the important reminder about the safety tether! My F-35 kite does have a little "hanger" loop on the center of its back that I could use to tether the camera.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
Flying several kites at once !

If I ever tried that it would take the rest of my life span to try and sort out the mess the strings were in !
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:34 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
For those of you who don't fly stunt kites, the feeling is very similar to r/c airplanes. Many of the maneuvers have the same names. I often take my kites to the r/c flying field and fly both, but not at the same time lol. The nice thing about flying kites is that the fuel is free, when available. Here is a video of one of my competitors in kite flying competitions. He can fly 5 two line kites at the same time. This video shows him flying 3 at one time in freestyle competition. I can fly 3 at one time but not with anywhere near the precision that Ray has.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2PddwZJAI
OMG I've only just had time to watch that video. That is absolutely amazing, I enjoy flying kites and have quite a few but not even approaching anything like that, I didn't even know it was possible. Thanks for bringing it to out attention and any links to further information would be great.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:57 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Here's my latest video. It's a collage of scenes and most of the footage was shot on the 808 #16. The ground shots were from an old Sony as my second 808 #16 hasn't arrived yet. I LOVE this little camera!

MJX F45 RC Helicopter Collage of flights, views & stunts (4 min 24 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
I tried something very easy and simple to mount my 808 on any 1/4 screw i can find. Since i don't wanted to touch the case and mod it, i got out my vacuum former, took a layer of vivak back in the oven and over the 808 which i used as a template. I simply cut it ut with a scissor. Then used some superglue to put on a nut on the bottom.

Again, absolutely rushed! vivak too cold-->little round edges, used some random rubber to prevent camera from falling when using it upside down. no lense hole(maybe not needed if i get the edges straight in a second try) and fast cut ...

how you like it? =)
rc1337 is offline Find More Posts by rc1337
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotografie View Post
Does anyone have a picture they can share showing how this is mounted?

I've just ordered it so I can let you know in a couple of weeks when it arrives
irononreverse is online now Find More Posts by irononreverse
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
9 Posts
just checking the crystal diskmark utility to check the read/write speed of one of my cards , its a transend 8gb class 10 ,
so i insert the card into the #16 and run the utility , i select the drive for the cam (in my case drive F) and click the 512k test
the read gives me 8.101 and the write gives me 1.585 , anyone use this utility to check there cards tell me if im doing this correctly? ie test the speed whilst in the cam.
reason i ask is after making some test vids on play back in vlc player sometimes the video pauses / gets stuck but audio continues , not sure if its a card or player fault
deviant400 is offline Find More Posts by deviant400
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:48 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
782 Posts
Just found this on youtube, and it looks like it's recorded with the new d-lens. (not my movie)

Ladybird with Keychain camera 808 #16 wide angle, 01 (4 min 28 sec)
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:29 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
A couple of suggestions. I have two 808s and both are OK with this function. Is firmware latest? and I would probably do a in camera format as well. If that doesn't work try the reset button.
lobbers is offline Find More Posts by lobbers
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:39 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Just found this on youtube, and it looks like it's recorded with the new d-lens. (not my movie)
]
Yes it is my video and it is the new D lens. Some may like the fisheye effect but I prefer the B lens.
Is it possible to change the lens or do I need to get a new camera ?
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
SHould be interchangable whywould they make an upgrade, and not allow a downgrade?

Better yet to the Developer.:

great job not onecompany would make downgradable devices
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
great job not onecompany would make downgradable devices
That is simply not true, that is common practice it seems with modern "gadget" companies.Given the choice just about any company will sell you three cameras with different lenses rather than one camera with 3 different lenses, they stand to make more money that way.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my 808 #16. I use the GUI to config the setting and every setting works except it wont loop record for me. As 5 mins is the max recording in loop mode, it just shuts down after 5 mins and stops recording.

I am running the FW that came on the camera V0.32, and i formatted the microSD in the camera, every other setting works fine except for loop. It stops recording after 5mins and does not create a new file. I 'prepared' the camera as per the instruction on the GUI.

All other record modes work, such as 20mins and 70mins. Record indicator works fine too, audio on/off works, time and date are all perfect, for what ever reason in loop mode it stops recording after the first five minutes..... I really need some help here!!

Anyone got any hints to overcome this? I really need to use loop mode!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy.

UPDATE : after some testing today it seems the camera wont create a new clip file in ALL record modes,
so in 20mins clip mode it stops recording after 20mins
in 70mins clip mode it stop recording after the 70mins

anyone have any ideas why it wont create a new file?? the memory card is a brand new and formatted in the camera and it works great otherwise than shutting off at the pre-set time.....
jimmyirish is offline Find More Posts by jimmyirish
Last edited by jimmyirish; Aug 04, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: more info